Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

4.8

on 1/19/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after reading the reviews here, and looking at the bottle in the store, I was reluctant. But it was pretty inexpensive, so I gave it a try and WOW! It is a really pretty sort of lavender-taupe color, very shimmery but somehow still subtle enough for work. My only problem with it is I got some tip wear within 24 hours, but I wear my polish pretty hard and it would not stop me from buying this again. Now I want to try some of the other colors!

on 1/5/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such a unique color it changes colors with the different light its so cool it could be silver tan glitter purple black grey it is really pretty I recommend this nail polish and it lasts a long time.

on 7/26/2010 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is Sally Hansen Opulent Cloud in a more pixelated, glittery form. Love both.

on 6/10/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The only unique color in the HC line, IMO. Is it gray? Is it purple? Is it glitter? shimmer? foiled?....MAGIC?!! what is this stuff. all i can think is wonderful.

oh mr wrong...if loving you is "wrong" i don't want to be right.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is from the new line of Hard Candy available at Wal-Mart stores. They are about $5 each, which is high for a drugstore brand.

I was excited to pick a bunch of these up. They have some very unique colors that arenít always easy to find at the drug store. They come with a cute (but useless to me) plastic ring, just like the old Hard Candy nail polishes, so the packaging is appealing.

This color, Mr. Wrong, drew me in immediately. It is a funky dark, smoky plum, almost dark grey base with intense gold glitter. When I applied it, it went on very sheer, and upon closer inspection, I also noticed some very fine silver/periwinkle colors shimmers as well. However, after layering, all I can really see is a purple base with gold glitter.

The base is very sheer, but I think it needs to be so that the glitters show through. It takes about 2-4 coats to achieve close to bottle color. It still looks a little lighter on my nails then in the bottle. From afar, it reads somewhat of a taupe color that is very a metallic foil finish. It looks much better in sunlight, when the glitter really shows. I canít really put it into a color family. The gold glitter makes me want to say warm, but the dusty purple base makes me want to say cool. From afar Iíd say it comes of neutral.

I had no problems with application what so ever, to formula is pretty good. Sometimes really glittery nail polishes are chunky and have a texture that makes it hard to apply. This went on very smoothly and clean. The color is funky, great for those of us nail junkies who always like these unusual color, but it may be hard for some to pull off. I even felt it was a little iffy on my hands, but itís fun. I am tempted to buy all these nail polishes!

on 10/5/2009 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I also really like this color. It's very glittery and you only need two coats. However, It does not look purple to me but dark silver-grey/pewter. It only looks light purple to me when I get a glimpse if it in the sun. It has been on for about 3 days and has started to chip.

Popular Polishes