Essie Chinchilly

ChinchillyChinchilly

on 7/19/2010 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

My favorite grayish taupe. Buying a second bottle while it's still widely available.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

NC43. I threw in this color with a recent Trans Design order, not sure the color would work with my darker skintone, but intrigued by the online photos. But to my surprise, I adore this color - unexpected and chic but still conservative enough for work. In some lights it's a warm taupe; in others, it's a slightly greened khaki; and sometimes it looks --like the name implies--like the coat of a small furry animal. :) The warm undertones soften the color so it doesn't have that "industrial" gray look. I used three coats to eliminate VNL, but in the future, I may try it with two, as two coats gives a slightly different, more taupe/less gray color. The application is a tad tricky, but the finished result is worth it - like other Essies, this polish has a glossy, almost jelly-like, finish that is really lovely in this particular color.

I also picked up Mink Muffs and Angora Cardi and love them (based on the swatches), but at the moment, Chinchilly is the only color I want to wear!

Definite repurchase.