Essie Chinchilly

ChinchillyChinchilly

4.8

on 11/16/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was so skeptical buying this color as I never thought much of gray nail polish. But it is an essie classic so I decided to give it a try and I'm sure glad I did! On my brown hands it looks more smoky purple than gray. Very good for fall and winter and actually work appropriate. Only thing is that it can kind of make my hands look a bit ashy,but that's alright I just keep moisturizing. Formula was good but you do need multiple coats for opacity.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This polich was an impulse buy! I have seen Essie colors ALL OVER PINTEREST and thought I'd finally give it a try. I'm a Florida girl, so light pinks and peaches are my usual, summery type color. This is a big change for me, but it went on like butter! It's super smooth - I don't even think I'll need a topcoat. Overall, I'm really happy with it. For $8, it was worth it. I'd rather pay $8 for a decent nail color that goes on easily than a $40 manicure.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

On my naturally tan, olive-yellow Asian skin, this color looks fairly decent. In the bottle, compared to other grey/taupes, I thought it was a medium to light grey; but ON, it looks more like a medium to dark grey. On my skin, I don't see as much purple in it as I do in SH Greige Gardens; or as much taupey-brown as WnW Wet Cement; nor is it as light as Professional 10 (?) Moonlight---though more similar in tone to the latter. It's a lovely neutral that's office appropriate, but still edgy IMHO. The problem I have with this one is that my two bottles are both very runny. I used 2 coats, which isn't that bad compared to a few other nail polishes. If you're looking for a dupe, I believe the new L'Oreal np (called Eiffel For You), is pretty darn close...though I haven't actually done a side-by-side comparison.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Yes. My favorite nail polish. Go buy it. That is all.

Popular Polishes