Essie Chinchilly

ChinchillyChinchilly

on 1/5/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

no me gusta- not for me. IT's too boring.

on 9/7/2012 9:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This polish rocks! I love it so much :) Perfect dark grey/taupe colour with a hint of purple and it just looks so awesome! Funnily I have swatched it on one nail a few times and decided against it, but when I did a full mani, I was wowed with how good it was and thrilled to get compliments on my nails.

Formula is pretty good, I'm not totally skilled at the art of DIY manicure but this went on pretty much perfectly, two easy coats and it lasted perfectly for 5 days with no chipping. I do use the computer a lot, so it was showing a bit of tipwear by then, but nothing that had me worried.

Very happy, will use this colour again and again!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

NC43. I threw in this color with a recent Trans Design order, not sure the color would work with my darker skintone, but intrigued by the online photos. But to my surprise, I adore this color - unexpected and chic but still conservative enough for work. In some lights it's a warm taupe; in others, it's a slightly greened khaki; and sometimes it looks --like the name implies--like the coat of a small furry animal. :) The warm undertones soften the color so it doesn't have that "industrial" gray look. I used three coats to eliminate VNL, but in the future, I may try it with two, as two coats gives a slightly different, more taupe/less gray color. The application is a tad tricky, but the finished result is worth it - like other Essies, this polish has a glossy, almost jelly-like, finish that is really lovely in this particular color.

I also picked up Mink Muffs and Angora Cardi and love them (based on the swatches), but at the moment, Chinchilly is the only color I want to wear!

Definite repurchase.