Essie Chinchilly

4.6

on 12/3/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have this on even as I type this review. Long one of my favorite nail polish colors, Chinchilly is a great color for all year wear. It has subtle shimmer to it and is a taupish color that is very flattering to my pasty white skin color. I wear my nails short most of the time but vary my polish. This is always in my collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my all time favorite nail polish. It's a gorgeous grey with purple undertones or the other way around. something like that. anyway this color is so pretty. it also lasts a long time. it has very good staying power. my favorite thing about this color is that is season neutral. it looks good any time of year and it always looks good. i absolutely love it.

on 9/13/2011 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This color was the color that sparked my nail polish addiction. Bought it last Fall 2010 after seeing someone wearing it and ADORE it. I also did not even know about MUA until then! I used to wear nail polish only in the summer and only on my toes, but this color changed it all and a year later I dont even remember the last time that my nails were naked! *gasp* I just happen to be wearing this color again and still love it like the first time. It is a gray with hints of brown and lavender, I have no color like it in my growing collection. For reference I am cool toned NW20/N4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Wonderful gray for my skintone. It's such a great color for the autumn time. Good application as well.

on 2/27/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

essie's formula really varies within their colors; some polishes wear and apply horribly, while others apply beautifully and stick around forever. this is definitely the latter of the formulas, ive been wearing chinchilly for a week straight and have yet to get a chip. i love grey shades so of course i love the color. if you love light dove greys, pick this shade up. the formula is smooth and resistant to chips. i recommend two coats, one coat wont do it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Full disclosure: I love Essie! This is one of my favorite colors, it is a beautiful gray-lilac and I find it to be the perfect neutral, alternative to light pinky, nude shades. Great for the work week, but also a nice understated evening color and I think it would look good on almost every skintone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was my first Essie polish, and after all of the hype, I was pretty disappointed. The color is a great taupey gray creme, but the actual formula comes out goopy and streaky for me. Even a good top coat couldn't completely save the finish! It's a neat color, so I may try it with a matte top coat to see if that improves the finished look at all, but it's just a total pain to work with, and I wouldn't buy it again.

Popular Polishes