Essie Chinchilly

Essie Chinchilly
ChinchillyChinchilly

4.7

on 11/7/2016 11:20:00 PM

Glad I finally decided to buy this color! Not sure what took me so long. I tested a bunch of gray/grayish Essie polishes at Walgreens last night and ended up not buying any of them bc I couldn't decide. I had a different color on each finger and when I looked at the colors with fresh eyes this morning, chichilly was by far my favorite. I just used it on my fingers and toes and can't stop staring at it. Loooove this color!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Chinchilly is a beautiful medium purple-toned greige shade on me. Unfortunately, I can't give this shade a 5 because the formula isn't up to par with my expectation of Essie polishes. The one real flaw? Sheer and streaky. It takes 3 fuller coverage coats to even it out, and I don't really care for that. I'm looking for 2 coats and done. However, that said, I adore the color at 3 coats, and beyond that, it performs like a typical Essie polish. I use Orly Bonder and Out the Door topcoat, and I can get 4-5 days before it chips which is amazing since I'm a mom and constantly washing my hands.

Mid-tone pirple-gray creme. Evens out well. Beautiful color for fingers on fair skin (all I can attest to).

on 7/22/2012 7:01:00 AM

Chic, understated slate grey, with lavender undertones and fabulous shine finish. Medium consistency aids even, fool-proof application. One coat might suffice when you're on the run, but two will deliver a depth of pigment and enhanced finish that lasts for some days. Grown-up and demure.

I adore this color! Normally I'm not a fan of neutrals/taupes, but I made an exception for this beauty. It was an impulsive buy. I saw the color and knew I needed it. As soon as I swatched it at home I was in love :) This is going to be a great fall color! It's classy and pretty. It's also not really streaky (and Essie is usually streaky..) at all which pleased me. Opaque in 2 coats. Great formula!

on 5/2/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this color and I get compliments on it all the time. I think I really lucked out with this one. It was very easy to apply - not too thick or watery and it seemed to smooth out a bit on its own. One coat dries pretty quick, too. When I tried this polish with no basecoat & no topcoat, it lasted 4 days without chipping or fading at the tips! I'm typing away on the keyboard all day, too. I'm very impressed.

on 4/17/2011 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This color is a bit hard to describe. It's like a grey taupe that comes off very neutral. In different light settings it changes shades so overall I would rate it a 3. This was my first Essie polish I ever purchased right when it came out, and I wear it to work where my polish must be neutral but I can't say I really love it. I do like the small bottles and the fact they are square (which makes it easier to store), but I do wish they had wider brushes like OPI and China Glaze. Will not repurchase

on 3/30/2011 7:29:00 PM

My first Essie nail polish. I never really want to spend a lot of money on nail polish because I feel like Rimmel polishes or Wet n' Wild polishes do just as well. This formula is really different compared to any other nail polish i've ever used. The first coat when on really easily and thinly but when I got to the second coat it felt somewhat thick going on I thought it was streaky but when it dried it was perfect. I was shocked. Probably the easiest to put on nail polish I have ever encountered. Like many other have said depending on your skin tone and the lighting the color will either look taupe-y or lilacy. Either way its a great trendy color.

on 3/16/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this perfect gray! The formula is easy to apply. Perfectly opaque in 2 coats. Its a staple in my nail polish collection.

on 2/6/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a beautiful neutral grey color. It is a matte grey with lavender undertones. Very nice.

Popular Polishes