Essie Chinchilly

Filtered by skin type : Other
Essie Chinchilly
ChinchillyChinchilly

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have a friend who only wears pinks & reds but the moment she saw my nails she grabbed my hand & would not stop talking about this color! Its the perfect sublte neutral gray! It lasted about 4 days with a few chips that were easily fixable! With a good top coat it shines like glass!

on 7/12/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This polish was such a disappointment. It is very streaky, even after 3 coats.

It is a pretty color, but initially it felt a little streaky and needed three coats for the color to really show through. It is a great all year color IMO.

Chinchilly is one of those shades that I picked up off the shelf on a whim at the nail salon when I had become bored with the natural pink look of OPI Passion.

Turns out it was a great choice. I am constantly getting stopped by strangers and asked what color it is. I even bought my dry cleaner a bottle because she was unable to one.

The reviews on color make me chuckle because it does seem to have some chameleon qualities to it. On me I see a lavender taupe with maybe a bit of gray. But I see to others it is a 'true gray'. And funny enough in some lighting it has a green hue to it to some. I was stopped in two evening cocktail events and asked where I had found the green polish!

I just sent a bottle to a friend undergoing surgery to help take her mind off of things and she called completely excited because it matched the color of her Weimaraners.

on 4/22/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

A beautiful sheer purple grey. It's not too dark when you get several coats on and it lasts a while. And such an haute color! :)

chinchilly is a medium creme dirty [has a slight green/taupe undertone] gray. i love gray nail polishes, so far i've amassed mac on the prowl [light neutral gray] and barielle [dark concrete gray]. so i've rationalized that chinchilly is different/unique enough to own =] application on this was smooth and even, but it did require 3 coats for it to be truly opaque. i wore it for 3 days with no significant chipping or tip-wear. for reference i used nailtek foundation II and poshe top coat. overall a great color, nice application and goes well with my yellow undertones.

Popular Polishes