Essie Chinchilly

ChinchillyChinchilly

4.6

on 7/12/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This polish was such a disappointment. It is very streaky, even after 3 coats.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

lavendar mid-putty grey

Pros:
- neutral
- for conservative work environment
- elegant
- better for NC20 and lighter
- non-streaky after two coats
- small bottle for easy storage; brush is small enough for small nails but wide enough for non-streaky application

Cons:
- too muddy and darkening on my NC25-30 yellow skintone

on 1/5/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

no me gusta- not for me. IT's too boring.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really had high expectations with this nail polish after reading such great reviews here and elsewhere. Seemed to apply streaky and really showed it up until the third coat. Dried fairly quickly. As far as the color goes...I'm hoping that it grows on me. I'm not in love with it right now. I thought that the 'cement gray' would look good on my short-medium length square nails but for some reason, my usually graceful looking digits are looking rather stumpy after applying this color. Anyways...like I said, I'll see if the color grows on me.
As of right now, I personally would not repurchase this.

on 5/13/2010 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I didn't like it at all.

The formula was so runny I hated it.

The price wasn't too ad b/c it came as a deal with atte About you Top Coat. but Essie is expensive and I wasn't happy with the grey nor the formula. Won't re purchase and will swap.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was my first Essie polish, and after all of the hype, I was pretty disappointed. The color is a great taupey gray creme, but the actual formula comes out goopy and streaky for me. Even a good top coat couldn't completely save the finish! It's a neat color, so I may try it with a matte top coat to see if that improves the finished look at all, but it's just a total pain to work with, and I wouldn't buy it again.

I love the color, this is my absolute favorite for the the transition into fall. However, even with a base coat, 3 applications of polish (it is a bit thin and streaky) and a topcoat, it still chipped quickly, I would expect more from a $7+ bottle of polish. I will definitely shop for a dupe and try another brand, hopefully Revlon has a copycat color as over the last 30 years of doing my own nails, Revlon is still my favorite polish for color saturation, wearability, and price point (if on sale). Anyone know of a tried and true dupe?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My bottle of Chinchilly has a watery and streaky formula. It also pulls very grey on me and makes my hands look dead. Fortunately I have been able to use it in frankens, so it won't go to waste.

A nice color. But its very sheer. I had to use 3 coats to get the color thats in the bottle on my nails. It doesn't chip and doesn't streak. applies on smoothly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really love this color, but the streakiness, or number of coats required to make this look good (like most Essie np, IMO), is frustrating. The color is interesting - it has a little duo-chrome or something to it that makes it a lovely taupe-purple-grey. This type of color is a definite fave of mine. However, this requires at least 3 coats to get the true color payoff. I prefer OPI and Zoya for this reason. I find most Essie colors to be streaky, and require a lot of work to get the true color to show. I enjoy this color - I just wish Zoya made colors like this! This was $8 at ULTA.

Popular Polishes