Essie Chinchilly

ChinchillyChinchillyChinchillyChinchilly

4.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Love this color! Soft, muted grey with a hint of lavender :) Reminds me of winter sweaters. It's a very work-appropriate color and would work well with most(if not all) skin tones! Remember to shake/roll the bottle thoroughly before you use it! My first and second coats glided on as smoothly as you please, and I forgot to roll the bottle before applying the third coat(it's a bit sheer but three thin coats will do the trick) and there were some bubbles and the polish thickened like it was ten years old. That was my fault for forgetting to shake it :P Great formula(it's a crelly so it's a bit sheer), fantastic drying time(this seemed to dry a lot faster than my Pretty Edgy bottle), and wonderful color! The lavender blush saves it from being an "ordinary" grey. Love!

on 9/19/2013 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this last year and it sat in my untrieds in favor of brighter vivid colors like lime greens, neon pinks, and bright blues. Finally I dug this taupe colored polish out and thought I'd give it a try for fall. This is a pretty taupe-grey leaning shade and reminds me of a pair of khaki slacks. The formula is really thin and this goes on sheer and streaky. It did even out though with a second coat but it took 3 coats to get full opacity and cover any sheer or balded patches. Essie's brush is just a standard thin brush and it is easy to work with and it works especially great for small nail beds like I have. Those big pro brushes are too big and this one is sized just right! The Goldilocks of polish brushes. I love this color now that I have it on. I have been hesitant to wear it since I expected a boring mani and mannequin hands. This is like wearing a pair of khakis though, it just seems to fit and looks good and feels comfortable. I never would have expected I would like taupe polish but I am loving how pretty this creme looks on me. This is very classy and looks elegant and refined. Great for the office and being taupe instead of beige it is far from boring and even a little edgy. I can't believe I let this beauty sit for so long without showing it off. This is perfect for fall so I painted all ten digits!

on 1/23/2013 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a jelly-creme polish that dries to a gray with a touch of lavender. I feel like the sheerness of the polish really adds a feminine touch to a color that would otherwise be very industrial. I love that you can wear this color from fall through spring, since there is a little touch of purple in there.

Formula is thin and translucent, I used 3 thin coats plus a top coat for extra shine. Love it!

on 1/8/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Probably my favourite nail polish I own, for the price it was totally worth it. I own many other nail polishes by Essie (with mixed feelings) but this one was amazing. It is a very sophisticated colour, and looks good at any occasion - it is also so smooth, quick drying very ungloopy. I love it - highly recommend it!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This polich was an impulse buy! I have seen Essie colors ALL OVER PINTEREST and thought I'd finally give it a try. I'm a Florida girl, so light pinks and peaches are my usual, summery type color. This is a big change for me, but it went on like butter! It's super smooth - I don't even think I'll need a topcoat. Overall, I'm really happy with it. For $8, it was worth it. I'd rather pay $8 for a decent nail color that goes on easily than a $40 manicure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this shade. I agree with all reviews below: opaque with 2 coats, universally flattering shade, office-friendly, and it always seems to be in season each fall. If I had to choose only 5 polishes from my 70-polish collection to keep, this would be one of those 5.

on 9/1/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this color - its such a pretty shade with my pale skin, and I actually have had strangers compliment me and ask what this is. Beautiful formula applies easily and not streaky. So chic!

on 3/1/2012 7:27:00 PM

Just discovered this polish at a local CVS and it really is gorgeous. It does require more than a few coats to get a nice even color but it is such a pretty color. A staple!

on 11/9/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My all-time favorite nail polish! Creamy, neutral yet a little sexy, versatile, opaque at 2 coats, long wearing. Personally I like Essie's small brush, I have really small hands & nails. Perfection.

on 9/26/2011 8:23:00 PM

I am a nail polish addict and am always looking for the new shade for the season. I love this color, it is a grey/taupe/purple. It is a nice neutral shade and can be warn as a neutral all year long. I love the brush as it is a nice size and easily applies. The only think about this nail polish that is a negative is that it does chip easier than my OPI brands.

Popular Polishes