Essie Chinchilly

ChinchillyChinchillyChinchillyChinchilly

4.6

on 11/22/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Adore this color. Perfect for fall and winter, and totally approriate for both a night out and for the office. I really like the formula, not too runny, really easy to get a perfect application. For some reason 99% of nail polishes chip within 24 hours on my nails, this one, however, I've been wearing now for 4 days and only minimal chipping started to appear today. Get lasting power, beautiful color, very versatile and easy formula to work with! Love it

on 2/20/2014 3:28:00 PM

Best colour for the office and virtually anywhere. I'm currently on my second bottle of this grey/lavender polish and I love it!! It's my go to polish for work, casual and dressy events. Can't rave enough about this. I agree that 3-4 coats are needed for full colour without streaks but I'm more than willing to do it for this colour.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have a friend who only wears pinks & reds but the moment she saw my nails she grabbed my hand & would not stop talking about this color! Its the perfect sublte neutral gray! It lasted about 4 days with a few chips that were easily fixable! With a good top coat it shines like glass!

on 7/12/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This polish was such a disappointment. It is very streaky, even after 3 coats.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely colour, good and even application, and a nice brush, which makes application easy.

on 2/2/2013 9:17:00 PM

A friend gave me this because she was trying to break me out of my light pink/nude shades only rut. Although I am quite pale, this is a pretty, pale shade of grey that looks flattering against my skin. I topped it with a silvery glittery she gave me for sort of a disco ball look and it really looks nice. Essie polishes always have a good formula in my experience - smooth, no bubbles, dries fairly quickly and two or three coats (depending on your desired level of opaqueness) works great. Chinchilly is a great shade for those who love grays or don't know that they do yet!

on 1/23/2013 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a jelly-creme polish that dries to a gray with a touch of lavender. I feel like the sheerness of the polish really adds a feminine touch to a color that would otherwise be very industrial. I love that you can wear this color from fall through spring, since there is a little touch of purple in there.

Formula is thin and translucent, I used 3 thin coats plus a top coat for extra shine. Love it!

I LOVE this colour! I get compliments whenever I wear this nail polish. It's a nice neutral grey and I find like almost all Essie polishes it is of fantastic quality. I only have to apply 2 coats.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This polich was an impulse buy! I have seen Essie colors ALL OVER PINTEREST and thought I'd finally give it a try. I'm a Florida girl, so light pinks and peaches are my usual, summery type color. This is a big change for me, but it went on like butter! It's super smooth - I don't even think I'll need a topcoat. Overall, I'm really happy with it. For $8, it was worth it. I'd rather pay $8 for a decent nail color that goes on easily than a $40 manicure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this shade. I agree with all reviews below: opaque with 2 coats, universally flattering shade, office-friendly, and it always seems to be in season each fall. If I had to choose only 5 polishes from my 70-polish collection to keep, this would be one of those 5.