Essie Chinchilly

Essie Chinchilly
ChinchillyChinchilly

4.6

on 11/22/2015 7:07:00 AM

I love Chinchilly! It is a beautiful cool toned greige, more grey than your standard taupe colour. It applies evenly and easily, opaque in two coats and has excellent staying power. It dries quickly and is very chip resistant, like most of my other Essie polishes. This is a very chic colour which is ideal in Autumn but can be worn all year round with the right outfit. It is a classy colour which I also think would be work appropriate. A lovely colour and a great formula, what more do you want?! This is a cult shade and I can definitely see why, and I would recommend that others try it.

on 11/16/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was so skeptical buying this color as I never thought much of gray nail polish. But it is an essie classic so I decided to give it a try and I'm sure glad I did! On my brown hands it looks more smoky purple than gray. Very good for fall and winter and actually work appropriate. Only thing is that it can kind of make my hands look a bit ashy,but that's alright I just keep moisturizing. Formula was good but you do need multiple coats for opacity.

on 4/25/2013 11:45:00 AM

Great colour, looks beautiful on and it hasn't chipped in four days after lots of washing up without gloves! The brush is a dream to use making it easy to apply. It's my new favourite nail polish make, beats O.P.I hands down!

on 1/5/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

no me gusta- not for me. IT's too boring.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gorgeous medium gray with a lavender undertone. This Is what I wanted essie's merino cool to be! This color is really pretty; not too dark for spring nor too bright for fall. Very chic color. Formula was buttery and amazing and all I needed was 2 coats to get my desired opaque look. Def would repurchase this color!

on 7/6/2012 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

One of my favs from Essie!!! The perfect shade of gray for those with warmer complexions due to its slight lilac/purple undertone....LOVEEEE <3. I prefer pastel or bright colors on my nails but I always opt for this color regardless when I am doing my nails :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I find myself reaching for this all the time and have to literally slap my hands away from the bottle. It's an office-friendly griege color that's ultra chic. The application is quite smooth and two coats is opaque enough.

on 1/1/2012 7:11:00 AM

I adore this colour! Its such a gorgeous taupe/grey and it looks classy without being too boring or too over the top. Perfect shade for my Nc25 skintone. Get loads of compliments on it

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love grey earthy shades of polish and 'Chinchilly' is a good example of that. This is a cool toned medium grey with a slight hint of taupe. It's very chic and would flatter many skintones. The formula is a little thicker than usual. I used two thin coats and it was opaque.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Yes. My favorite nail polish. Go buy it. That is all.

Popular Polishes