Essie Chinchilly

Essie Chinchilly
ChinchillyChinchilly

4.6

on 11/22/2015 7:07:00 AM

I love Chinchilly! It is a beautiful cool toned greige, more grey than your standard taupe colour. It applies evenly and easily, opaque in two coats and has excellent staying power. It dries quickly and is very chip resistant, like most of my other Essie polishes. This is a very chic colour which is ideal in Autumn but can be worn all year round with the right outfit. It is a classy colour which I also think would be work appropriate. A lovely colour and a great formula, what more do you want?! This is a cult shade and I can definitely see why, and I would recommend that others try it.

on 11/16/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was so skeptical buying this color as I never thought much of gray nail polish. But it is an essie classic so I decided to give it a try and I'm sure glad I did! On my brown hands it looks more smoky purple than gray. Very good for fall and winter and actually work appropriate. Only thing is that it can kind of make my hands look a bit ashy,but that's alright I just keep moisturizing. Formula was good but you do need multiple coats for opacity.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got a mini version of Chinchilly in a set (alongside a mini Forever Yummy and a full-sized Ballet Slippers) called "Forever Young" on clearance at SDM. As with the other mini, Chinchilly had a perfect brush and a ball bearing inside. 2-3 coats left me with a glossy, even manicure. This grey polish with lavender and taupe notes is perfectly-named, and it makes me want to snuggle up with a blanket and a warm beverage! :) This is the best grey polish I've tried. Would repurchase as a mini or, ideally, as a full-sized polish!

on 4/25/2013 11:45:00 AM

Great colour, looks beautiful on and it hasn't chipped in four days after lots of washing up without gloves! The brush is a dream to use making it easy to apply. It's my new favourite nail polish make, beats O.P.I hands down!

on 1/30/2013 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

After testing nearly every neutral shade on the Essie stand in Boots I eventually went for Chinchilly and am very happy with the decision. Outside of the fluorescent lighting in the store the colour was much greyer than I originally thought. Natural lighting brings out a slight lavender undertone which adds another element to the shade whist still remaining unobtrusive enough to suit any occasion. The polish includes the usual extra wide brush which I love but others can find more difficult to use especially on narrower nails. I found that 2 - 3 coats were needed for a real opaque coverage and with base and top coats the polish lasted for a good 4 days with minimal tip wear.

on 1/8/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Probably my favourite nail polish I own, for the price it was totally worth it. I own many other nail polishes by Essie (with mixed feelings) but this one was amazing. It is a very sophisticated colour, and looks good at any occasion - it is also so smooth, quick drying very ungloopy. I love it - highly recommend it!

on 1/5/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

no me gusta- not for me. IT's too boring.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gorgeous medium gray with a lavender undertone. This Is what I wanted essie's merino cool to be! This color is really pretty; not too dark for spring nor too bright for fall. Very chic color. Formula was buttery and amazing and all I needed was 2 coats to get my desired opaque look. Def would repurchase this color!

on 7/6/2012 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

One of my favs from Essie!!! The perfect shade of gray for those with warmer complexions due to its slight lilac/purple undertone....LOVEEEE <3. I prefer pastel or bright colors on my nails but I always opt for this color regardless when I am doing my nails :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I find myself reaching for this all the time and have to literally slap my hands away from the bottle. It's an office-friendly griege color that's ultra chic. The application is quite smooth and two coats is opaque enough.

Popular Polishes