Wet 'n' Wild MegaVolume Mascara

Wet 'n' Wild MegaVolume Mascara

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients: Water/Eau, Glyceryl Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Copernicia (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Ceresin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethanolamine, Caolin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Oleic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Chlorphenesin, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Methylsothiazolinone, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Stearyl Glycyrrhentinate, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.

I've read a lot of other reviews saying that this product was clumping, and dry and just overall crappy. For me however, it separates my lashes (in a good way) and not only gives them volume, it also gives them length. Although, I do have to use a lash curler. I would personally recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

it is sooooooooo bad I hate wetnwild. there eyeshaow is worse than this mascara! this mascara is bad because the formula got all clumpy on the brush probably because it is a cheap markwins product

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/4/2016 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had a mascara by Sephora that was just terrible, and while I was in the supermarket I noticed the Wet N Wild stall and decided to try a new mascara. This is unusual for me because a) I usually do my research and look at reviews before buying anything and b) I only own one mascara at a time

I had never tried Wet N Wild before. I bought this mascara for the equivalent of 6 dollars, which is the cheapest I've ever seen, let alone bought, for a mascara in my country.

Because of the price I didn't have many high expectations for it but I hoped it would do better than the one I already had. Did it? Well, yes and no, I wanted volume (obviously) but instead I got length. My eyelashes were curled nicely and were a lot longer. Overall I think it did do better than the mascara I was trying to replace.

The smell is pretty bad to be honest. It's not strong and you have to actively take a big whiff of it otherwise you won't smell it, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. I don't really know how to describe the smell other than that of an ... Uncleaned bathroom lol. It just smells cheap.

The brush reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Great Lash mascara brush. When I used it for the very first time I thought there was nothing in the bottIe. I even rubbed the wand on my hand and it was only marked with some faint black lines. I added some drops of water to it and kept trying for a few minutes. In the end it did do pretty well but it's not the greatest mascara I've ever had by far. That title goes to the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Flex mascara. Surprisingly, it's not the worst I've had either. That title goes to the Sephora Outrageous Volume mascara I'd bought for the equivalent of 10$ (travel sized version).

It's really good for a natural look. For casual daytime excursions or to go to work or school it will suffice. For my taste though, if I'm going to put mascara on then it has to make my lashes pop. If I'm going to put it on then it's got to be all out. Well, you get what you pay for and the only reason I bought this mascara was to try out Wet N Wild's stuff because I'd never tried any of it before, and figured it wouldn't matter if it was crap because it was so cheap. It kind of does matter, though, I could have bought two frappuccinos for that money.

I'll still probably use it occasionally just for the sake of using it. The application is very easy, it doesn't smudge which is great, and it's extremely lightweight, you forget you're wearing mascara. It's really good on the lower lashes, lengthens them nicely, but as I said before it gives ZERO volume. If you're a fan of long lashes this would definitely work for you. However, you would probably have to put three or more coats on to get an effect if I'm honest. This mascara requires some patience.

I had no problems with the packaging. It didn't leak or get on my other makeup, and in all honesty I very much like the cheerful yellow.

In summary: I probably wouldn't buy this again, there are so many great mascaras out there that there is no need to stick with this one. It is easy to apply and nicely lengthens, but heck, it's supposed to give volume and it's pretty hard to get any product out. It's an average mascara but considering the price I'm very pleased it's not the worst mascara I've had and it gives a lovely natural look. If you want outrageous eyelashes like I do, though, you'll probably have to spend some more money. I will probably be buying a new mascara - possibly something more mid-range - once I get my next wad of pocket money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

NOTE: If you came here looking for the BIGGEST volume WnW can bring, try the Mega Impact instead in the orange tube. Or Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara. I think this might account for some of the disappointed 1 stars, they should have gone orange not yellow.

Mega Volume in the yellow tube is a good everyday work/school mascara when you want a polished professional look. With 3 coats you get a nice thick lash that looks like you have naturally full lashes. Gives good definition, blackness and length without clumping. Slightly holds a curl. Natural bristles doesn't poke eyes. Writing wears off the package after a while which is common with cheaper brands, like Collection 2000.

****
I'm surprised everyone isn't talking how this is a Cruelty-Free brand.

Actually, its TOTALLY cruelty free as they don't engage in sneaky hidden "Parent Brand" testing. They can do this because the owners, Markwins, are independently owned - they don't have to do what shareholders say. In other large companies one executive might say "no testing", but another will say "customers will pay us more for the new exciting products so we NEED to test so we can make more money and stay in business". And guess what, the shareholders vote where the customers will spend the most money!

So, if you want to support cruelty free, why not send Markwins/Wet n Wild a message we care about animals not $$$ and try out a few of their products today? These brands they currently own:

- Physicians Formula
- Black Radiance
- Tropez (asian)
- The Color Workshop
- Spa Institute
- Wet n Wild

Coming up soon, Markwins are in the process of buying Bonne Bell and Lip Smacker from Aspire Brands. So we will be able to add them to the totally cruelty free list as well :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Sucks. Appears to be no product coming onto the brush. Looks like I didn't even apply mascara. Never again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I ran out of mascara and didn't want to spend much on a new one. You know what they say - you get what you pay for. 10 minutes after applying this mascara, my eyes started watering and burning. I had to remove the mascara and my eyes were red and irritated the rest of the day. The packaging is fine and the price for this mascara (I think I got it for $2.99), but if you have really sensitive eyes, I suggest you shell out a couple more dollars for a better mascara than this. For now, I'm just going to avoid mascara completely.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Very average mascara. I do like the blackness of it. I also like that it's light weight so retains my curl. It's not a dry nor wet formula. I've a little over avg length to my lashes naturally, but no volume whatsoever...So, I was hoping for some thickness, no such luck with this. But, for the cheap price point of about $3.50 CAD on sale, that's ok. Only Maybelline's Colossal Original & L'Oreal's Voluminous actually really thickens up my sparse lashes, (& trust me I've tried everything from Lancome to Arden to well...Wet n Wild). So it's no huge disappointment. This is still a good mascara. Great for daytime looks.

on 1/28/2015 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

All I have to say about this product is you get what you paid for. Formula is WAY to wet and leaves you with a pair of black smudged eyes.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wet 'N' Wild Mega Volume Mascara doesn't do its job, but it's necessarily bad. I have it in the shade C647B Very Black & it costs $2 or 3 at drugstores. This is just an example of getting what I paid for. It did give my lashes length, but the volume was barely there. I expected to get mega volume when I bought it; I got natural instead.

This turned out to be basic drugstore mascara. The little bit of volume it does give is subtle & while that isn't necessarily a bad thing, we all bought this because we obviously want volumeónot an everyday look. I definitely got more length than volume & while I do appreciate the little bit of volume & the awesome length it gives, the mascara didn't live up to my expectations. If I apply more than two coats, it gets clumpy & starts to flake. Mega Volume basically does the bare minimum. I wear it on days I want thick, long, yet still natural-looking lashes. If you're someone who likes va-va-voom volume/thickness, spend a little more money & get something else.

on 9/23/2014 11:00:00 PM

At first I thought this was blehhhh. Came out dry and gray, did little to enhance my lashes.

But after two uses the formula changed for the better. It got wetter and darker. It reminds me of Great Lash in both formula and effect now. It goes on without clumping or crumbled though I only use one or two coats, so if you really build it, you may get a mess. Pigmentation is great. Lashes look longer and thicker than, well, without mascara or with a basic mascara. Not scoring many points for holding curl though.

Regular bristle brush picks up and coats every lash. Washes off without a fight. Doesn't melt, flake or fade even after over 8 hours. Not sure I would really buy it again because it's just like Great Lash but not quite as good (GL is glossier and more buildable) so I'd buy that over this.