MAC Cosmetics crimson lipmix

No Image

4.8

Octyldodecanol, isododecane, silica, ozokerite, disteardimonium hectorite, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, polybutene, tocopheryl acetate, vanillin, propylene carbonate, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), carmine (CI 75470), red 6 (CI 15850), red 6 lake (CI 15850), red 7 lake (CI 15850), red 28 lake (CI 45410), red 30 lake (CI 73360), red 33 lake (CI 17200), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 3/23/2018 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This color is like MAC Dubonnet (My fav that was discontinued) and Revlon Super Lustrous in Blackberry (my other FAV that was discontinued). I already have 2 backups in case it's discontinued (as happens to ALL makeup that I adore!). The color spreads easily/smoothly, the pigmentation is rich. It has a mattish-sattinish finish. Perfection! This has fabulous staying power.. much better than I expected. When it finally wears down, it's a beautiful deep stain. I have also applied/worn over lip balm--due to winter-chapped lips. It still applied & performed beautifully! This is stunning! And it doesn't dry my lips out.
I also purchased this in White and in Deep-Tone Nude. They all mix well together to create your own colors/depth. Deep-Tone Nude is a deep beautiful Neutral color that is also stunning when worn. I love this stuff and I highly recommend it! (Not affiliated, as my now-empty wallet will attest!) ;)

For those of you with extreme/extensive allergies (like me), this has NO coconut derivatives!! NO Caprylic Glycol!! YEA!!!! And NO SESEAME!! And NO Macadamia Nut!! And NO Shea!! Thank GOD!!!! The ingredient list is short & sweet. I will type it later when I have a computer keyboard! As virtually all lipsticks have incorporated caprylic glycol into their formulas, LipMix is a Godsend!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Crimson is your classic blue-toned red lipstick. This is said to be a statement lipstick of Gwen Stefani, but even if this is just a rumour - the colour is gorgeous nevertheless.

The finish, like with all the Lipmixes, is satin/matte. The application is quite easy, you only need a good lip brush at hand and most of the time no lip liner.

I love Crimson for the days when I want to look extra polished and have the perfect red pout possible - this product will surely survive all the eating and drinking.

Overall I can highly recommend it if you love deep classic red lipsticks.

For more info on this and other Lipmix colours, feel free to check this blog review below. Hope it helps.

on 1/9/2011 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

i love this red. its the red you want from the old hollywood movies. i just love it. it stays for a long long time as well

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this product. It is one of the best reds I`ve ever seen, it applies very easily and dryes in a matte, powder finished, and really eye-catching. It doesn`t dry your lips, it is incredibly confortable to wear.
It is perfect for going out for luch or dinner, beause it is really difficult it fades away leaving you a very unpleasant/messy lip colour, or even dying your teeth.
You have a ton of product (10 mL for 14 euros, spanish price) and the packaging it is very appropiate and convenient, as prevents the product to dry and contaminate, and lets you to have the exact amount desired, without wasting product.
Because of that, it is my perfect red and my favourite lip product :)

on 7/19/2010 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this color. This is the most flattering red that I have found. This color is very similar to Fuschia Lipmix but more red. This color last longer that lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

GREAT product. i really like the texture and color payoff of this lipmix. smooth and spreads super easy, great packaging, thick enough formula that it doesn't bleed or feather but light enough to glide over your lips. provides the most vibrant power packed red i've seen. dries pretty matte. i actually compare this to ruby woo without the drying properties. i wear this alone when i'm feeling super bold, or i mix it with other lippies that i want to incorporate more red into. perfect product and you get a ton of it, i'll never run out!