Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

3.8

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, [ /-(may Contain): Boron Nitride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Red 40 Lake (ci 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (ci 42090), Carmine (ci 75470), Aluminum Powder (ci 77000), Ltramarines (ci 77007), Black 2 (ci 77266), Chromium Hydroxide Green (ci 77289), Iron Oxides (ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (ci 77510), Manganese Violet (ci 77742), Titanium Dioxide (ci 77891)].

(Note: Realistically giving this product a 3.5 star rating but there's no bloody option for that so we're just going to opt for 4 stars)

To be honest, I have really mixed feelings about this product (I have the colour 77) because yes, it's super FREAKING pigmented, and you honestly don't need much product at all to achieve the most crisp, killer winged eye, but, the staying power is meh.

Now, before you go off yelling "ah crap, this product sucks", the product actually stays on ALL day if I have a full face of makeup on (and by full face I literally mean full coverage foundation, baked with so much powder that I look like a frosted donut sort of makeup), the amount of eyeshadow that I pack onto my eyelids probably being a large factor as to why this eyeliner stays on all day when I do go all out with the makeup. BUT on most days, when i'm simply wearing concealer, eyebrows, mascara and eyeliner, this product will start running like a motherf-ker after around 3 hours of wear on my INCREDIBLY oily asian eyelids, which is super unfortunate because this stuff glides onto my lids like a dream (no tugging or anything!! which is not what I can say for a large majority of gel/pot liners out there). I have tried the whole 'sandbagging' and setting-the-liner-with-powder technique when i'm wearing my really simple makeup and I have to say, yes that keeps the liner on really well but it's way too much effort for my groggy, half-asleep-at-6am self to actually do properly without putting my eyeballs under fire with an excessive amount of laura mercier due to my terrible hand-eye co-ordination, not to mention, powder dries out my under-eyes sooOOOO bad with consistent use. Now, the product you get in this nifty little pot is actually super good (5.5g) for $22AUD (the price it retails for here in down-under), so it will last a pretty long time. I have heard reviews about it drying out but I haven't encountered this problem yet (but i've only had it for a few months so I guess i'll need to hang tight and see what happens).

But I would purchase this if I ever ran out because of the way it stays when I wear a full face of makeup (also the way it applies!! like it goes on smoother than warmed up nutella on toast)

Overall, if you're tired of all this yapping..
- stays on all day if you set with a large amount of translucent powder or wear layers of eyeshadow underneath
- runs after a few hours if you don't
- really good amount of product for the price you pay
- reasonably priced
- SO BLACK N PIGMENTED, I LOVE IT
- doesn't drag at my sad, delicate eyelids
- easy to apply

I bought this liner after seeing it on multiple YouTube videos. I was so excited to finally buy it while on a vacation to Vegas. I even bought back ups!

It is definitely the blackest gel liner I've ever purchased BUT it smudges like crazy! I really wanted to love this product but lasting time sucks! If you place this liner on your upper lids only. It'll end up transferring to your bottom lash line! Big disappointment! I love the color & intesity but it really lacks the power of staying in place! Would not repurchase.

To Read all 133 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in the shade 77 black. For the hooded eyelids and monolids out there, this is unfortunately not the gel eyeliner of your dreams because it smudges A LOT in the inner corner. To preface this, I have oily asian monolids and almost all eyeliners of any kind will smudge in my inner corner because that is the area that my eyes fold the most. I really wanted this to be my holy grail eyeliner of any type and I chose to ignore some of the reviews that warned about smudging. Initially, I loved how this eyeliner goes on. It is so smooth, creamy, opaque, and matte black. You also get a lot of product for a great price. It doesn't drag and makes making a precise line/cat eye so easy, which is a big problem for me due to the shape of my eyelids. I used to shy away from gel eyeliners because of how much they drag and go on kind of patchy because they are so dry but this doesn't happen with with this eyeliner. Initially it dries quickly and seems really waterproof and smudge proof (took a shower shortly after applying it and it stayed put), but this changes after about 4-5 hours as it starts to smudge/break down a lot in my inner corners as it mixes with the oils in my skin. This happens regardless if I use a primer or set the liner with shadow. The smudging is bad enough that I have to really wipe off the smudged liner from my inner corners with a tissue mid-day and this has happened consistently for several days. This is really disappointing for me because I love how matte and creamy the product is and how easily it goes on. On the plus side, the rest of the liner that is not in my inner corners lasts all day long without smudging so the problem is really with my oily inner corners. I've had this for <1 month so I can't comment yet on whether this dries out very quickly as some other reviewers have complained about. I'm really on the fence about repurchasing if I run out because of the smudging. I was hoping this was going to be my 16hr+ eyeliner and instead I can only rely on it if I want my eyeliner to be perfect for <5 hrs. I do have Inglot duraline and have not tried it with this gel liner yet because I am worried it will thin the product out too much and it wont be as opaque, but I might try using this since this was suggested by other reviewers to extend the wear of the product.

I honestly have no idea why anyone would write a bad review about this product...It is simply amazing...I hesitated on ordering it because I read several bad reviews on here but...I remembered how I had also read several bad reviews about Makeup Geek Eye Shadows and I bought them any ways and ABSOLUTELY fell in love with them...I am 45 yrs young and a renowned makeup fanatic!!! I have literally used soooo many different eyeliners over the years...and was a pretty big fan of the Loreal gel liner...I recently had gotten a little bored with the Loreal and tired of it drying out on me after having it less than a month...So I decided to give MAC fluid line a go...bad idea...I wont go into a review on that one...But..then I decided to purchase the Inglot and OMG.....AMAZING...Went on so so smooth..and easy..no dragging what so ever and it set super fast and STAYED PUT all day and I even slept in it and it still looked like I had just put it on when I woke up....Came off easy with eye makeup remover...No irritation, no smearing..no running...and who ever is having issues with this stuff giving them raccoon eyes has to be doing something wrong...This eyeliner is simply perfection in a jar...I did only give 4 stars for the plastic packaging. As far as I'm concerned this is my new holy grail.

on 2/16/2016 12:29:00 PM

My favorite youtuber uses this product all the time so I decided to give it a go.
At the beginning it was very oily, glided on like butter, sometimes messy too. However, I didn't mind..I loved it so much. After a month this bad boy dried like crazy. I always make sure I close products tightly so I knew it was not my fault. I cannot use it anymore, it's become very difficult to get a line, I need to dip my brush in the jar at least 4 times and I don't think that's a good sign. Plus, this product turns your brush into a hard, stiff one. Despite this, I use it in my water line because, believe me or not, this eyeliner is the blackest one on the market and it's probably the one that lasts the most. It's very challenging to remove though! I honestly haven't tried te Inglot Duraline yet..But, I don't know, I don't reach for it anymore..so I don't know If I will ever buy one..

I really like inglot cosmetics i find them high quality and budget friendly.i was introduced to this brand by a make up artist who made my make up for a wedding in the middle of a hot greek summer!i bought this in black.its really dark and stays put all day.it not easy to correct though,in case of a mistake i had to start from scratch,but fortunately after all these years that i have been using mac fluidline i rarely make mistakes!the only thing that i dont like is the plastic packaging in comparison to mac's glassy one.Tip:the salesgirl advised me to keep it closed while using it to one eye because it dries out easily.

on 12/28/2015 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using M•A•C fluidline for years but I'd heard about Inglot gel liner for a while now and finally got my hands on one to test out. Suffice to say, it has completely changed my eyeliner for the better.

It glides on easily and cleanly without clumps or thin spots. The color (77) is extremely opaque, creamy, and workable; the smallest amount goes such a long way. You definitely want a precise brush or a steady hand, though, to keep mistakes to a minimum.

I have only ever used it on my upper lash line and set with black shadow, so I can't speak to it's quality on the waterline. However, I've never had it smudge or fade until I take it off. I haven't even touched any of my fluidlines since I picked it up!

Pros:
* great price
* very opaque & creamy
* dries matte
* easy to work with, clean lines
* great staying power
* a little goes a long way

Cons:
* difficult to purchase in person
* packaging is a little uninspiring
* mistakes can be a little tricky to correct without just going full panda eyes

I really love this product. Their Gel Eyeliners have always stayed on throughout the day and give very opaque coverage. I do get oily eyelids, but with the help of an eyeshadow primer, this eyeliner stays put!

If the lid is tightened on properly after each use, it doesn't dry out. After using about half the product, I did find that the consistency wasn't as smooth and soft, but I added some eye makeup remover and it went back to normal.

on 10/16/2015 9:41:00 AM

I've NEVER been satisfied with eyeliner. I've probably tried every high end and budget friendly pencils, liquids and gels out there but this eyeliner is the only one that's impressed me. Super dark, no need to go over it again, very smooth and creamy and the staying power is incredible. Doesn't budge after it dries. Truly amazing, and a great price too. I have #77 right now and I can't wait to try the other more fun colors. My first ever purchase from Inglot and I can't wait to try more from the brand. Can't recommend this enough.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of Ingot products but this eyeliner is a TOTAL FAIL.

I saw no77 (black) used by a YouTuber and asked my mum to get it for me (it is way cheaper in Poland) as it looked like the deepest, creamiest black one can imagine. I got super excited when I finally got a chance to use it - it applied like a dream with my flat NARS brush, however I got a bit surprised when I was unable to fully wash the brush - it is still slightly grey (it was white!) despite being washed 3 times. The black was deep, sooty and rich.

I tightlined with my navy waterproof MAC crayon that I use everyday and proceeded to curl my eyelashes. Here I had a first and very nasty surprise - as I applied the eyeliner as a thin line on top, my eyelashes painfully stuck to my curler which NEVER happened before! The eyeliner got them all stuck together and I was unable to comb my mascara wand through the eyelashes. So I thought, ooooooookkkkeeeeeeyyyy, I'll go out with these spidery lashes then.

The second nasty surprise met me 10 MINUTES LATER, TEN minutes, people, TEN minutes later! The eyeliner, apparently warmed up by my own warmth (I am 100% sure that I have not rubbed my eyes!) melted off and I had a dark half moon shade under my eyes.

It only got worse in the course of day. Unacceptable. I very seldom bin cosmetics but I am very close to it in this case. I will try it tomorrow on my NARS base and I'll report back. If it fails the test, it will be end of this eyeliner's presence in my cosmetics bag - I've already used it with Inglot's Duraline but to no avail, it still got smudged. I wish I've read the reviews here earlier.