MAC Mineralize - Cinderfella

4.4

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product I thought would be great for a smokey eye, but it is impossible to wear it dry because little to no really colour shows up and glitter goes everywhere. Then when worn wet, it is really black and hard to move then as it dries glitter drops all over my cheeks. As well mine cracked in half, which was annoying. I have also tried this over black bases, nude pases and nothing works it is hopeless unless you really like glitter everywhere.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Would not repurchase because I can't ever see this finishing. Cinderfella is one of my favourite dark eyeshadows - especially over a base like the greasepaint stick or Blackground paint pot! Dark and smokey with shimmery silver glitter - perfect for an evening out! Looks really good in the crease with Smoke and Diamonds!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful silvery black ! A definite staple for a traditional smokey eye .. however, Im returning it. My only reason for returning it is because there is an exact drugstore dupe of this and it's: L'oreal Platinum HIP shadow.
When I mixed the platinum and black together and applied on my lid is the EXACT shimmer, color and the best part of the HIP ... no fall out and Cheap!
What I do is dip my brush in the platinum side and once or twice is usually enough and dip the brush into the black and apply to lids and you have Cinderfella.
You can also apply MAC Platinum Pigment (metal) with carbon or black-tied and get the same result .. you need the SMALLEST amount of pigment .. too much results in a messy mess.

You can spend the 19.50 or 6.99 at your local drugstore and pick one up.

What you are not getting with the Platinum HIP .. the marbled colouring .. and the high cost.
Great addition if you are a collecctor but if you are looking to save $$$ .. then you do have other options.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am very impressed with the Style Black mineralize shadows.I got all of them and all most passed on this one thinking "oh its just a black shadow, I have those I don't need this." The texture was creamy and smooth and the fine silver sparkles were so vibrant, this is truly a black shadow with a lot of character. I would not purchase again because these shadows are HUGE and will last a lifetime. I will update this and let you know how the wear is. Trivial tidbit:
At the MAC store they told me Lady Gaga wore this shadow at the VMA's.

Lovely smokey black with silver glitter. It does have a ton of glitter but if you tap or blow on your brush before applying its not quite as glittery. This blends out easily, and can be put on very sheer or heavier, using it wet will make it realllly dark too. It's a very versatile eyeshadow. It's also HUGE so will last literally forever even if you used it everyday I think.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow is my go to for almost any smokey look. When applied dry it gives off a heavy, charcoal almost smog like black. When I apply it wet though it gives of the most amazing silver color! Almost like my eyes have been covered in antique silver - not a bright, clean color - but an aged, dark mysterious silver that's absolutely stunning to look at. A total must have from this collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first, I didn't think this was a nice eyeshadow - it looked like typical black eyeshadow with glitter in it. I went from store to store just to find this and it was totally worth it! Expensive, I admit, but it's gorgeous. I love the silver color! I wish this wasn't LE, else I wouldn't use it slowly.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Cinderfella is gorgeous. I bought it after careful consideration, as I just can't justify treating myself to more than one of the Style Black eyeshadows. At almost 30 dollars after tax, they're a spendy little indulgence! I wasn't sure I'd get a lot of wear out of it, what with it being black and full of sparkle, but it's a surprisingly versatile colour. Looks phenomenal when applied wet or used over a dark base. I've noticed a lot of people using it over the greasepaint sticks; I didn't want to spend the extra money on that, so I've been using plain old black eyeliner as a base and that works just fine. Packaging is typical mac; sleek looking and functional, as you can see the actual product through the lid. It also comes with a clear plastic insert over the product; I'm not actually sure what the point of that is, to tell you the truth! I'd say if you're still thinking about picking up an eyeshadow from this collection but you're not sure which to go for, grab Cinderfella. It's a fun product, a surprisingly unique colour, and really versatile and easy to wear (I have some application ideas in my notepad if anybody is interested).

All the 'sparkly black shadows' on the market are not shimmery enough, or not pigmented enough. You just can't achieve that punk/rock-star ish sparkly black shadow look.

But this is the only shadow that achieves that "sparkly black eyeshadow" title. Especially when applied wet.
The sparkles don't actually look 'silver' to me.. it's just sparkles. If i had to name a color, white probably.

I think i'll apply this only wet... its more long-lasting, more pigmented and super sparkly that way.

Awesome, awesome product.
Shame that it's LE, but then there is a whole lot of product, and it's a point shadow so i'm thinking this will last for a life time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this shade last, but have all four from this collection... I just didn't think I would need it at first, but wanted it anyway. It's one of the most wearable, and it gives a really nice sparkle and sheen to your lids. It can be worn sheer, or to enhance a very smokey eye. Either way it's sure to be beautiful. I don't see how anyone could not love it. It's far better than Blacktied. I use fix plus with a brush, and over either the black cream colour base/greasepaint stick for extra depth. It may seem rather simple compared to the other shades, but you can get the most use out of it.