MAC Mineralize - Cinderfella

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful silvery black ! A definite staple for a traditional smokey eye .. however, Im returning it. My only reason for returning it is because there is an exact drugstore dupe of this and it's: L'oreal Platinum HIP shadow.
When I mixed the platinum and black together and applied on my lid is the EXACT shimmer, color and the best part of the HIP ... no fall out and Cheap!
What I do is dip my brush in the platinum side and once or twice is usually enough and dip the brush into the black and apply to lids and you have Cinderfella.
You can also apply MAC Platinum Pigment (metal) with carbon or black-tied and get the same result .. you need the SMALLEST amount of pigment .. too much results in a messy mess.

You can spend the 19.50 or 6.99 at your local drugstore and pick one up.

What you are not getting with the Platinum HIP .. the marbled colouring .. and the high cost.
Great addition if you are a collecctor but if you are looking to save $$$ .. then you do have other options.

I uploaded a picture of Hard Candy BLACK HOLE and MACs CINDERFELLA in the photos here to show you how these 2 shadows are almost identical. In the pots they look identical and on they are honestly identical. In real life these swatched even more alike then in the photo. For those of you looking for MACs CINDERFELLA save yourself alot of money and time searching for the HTF LE shadow and buy Hard Candy's version in BLACK HOLE. I purchased the hard candy shadow at WalMart for $6.00.

Both are a black glittery mineralized eye shadow with a slight bit of silver glitter throughout. These make a stunning smokey eye. I love them both!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

While I knew that I wanted Young Punk Mineralized Eyeshadow (also from Style Black), I was hesitant about Cinderfella. It just didn't look remarkable enough to justify paying 18 euros for it- black base with white and silver glitter, pretty achievable by layering silver on top of a matte black shadow. However, I didn't have a silver eyeshadow to begin with (it's easy to come up with all kinds of excuses to convince myself I need something when it comes to MAC) so I took the plunge. I'm very happy that I did. All the good things I've mentioned in my review for Young Punk (please read that if you are interested) applies to Cinderfella- it's an idiot-proof smokey eye in a pot and the glitter in it amps up the glamour. Cinderfella's glitter is very discreet and yet very three-dimensional. Its the kind of makeup that livens up your eyes and looks different under every angle. It's an effect that regular pressed shadows could never bring across, even if you had insane blending skills. So instead of using two or more products with different brushes, all I do now is apply a base and use a brush like MAC's 239 to dab on the Cinderfella without swiping to avoid any fall out. I feel that a base is necessary to avoid fall out, creasing and to extend the MES' wear time in general. I've used Soft Ochre paint pot and Greasepaint stick in black, the difference between the two being that the Greasepaint intensifies the colour to create a greater contrast between the black base and the silver/white glitter. Regardless of the base used, Cinderfella doesn't lose its vibrancy. It looks every bit as lovely as it does in the pot on your eyes. In less than a minute, I have a very tastefully done smokey eye that nobody thinks is over the top and yet when they look closely enough, they are awestruck by how sophisticated it is. My usual black-based smokey eye is Typographic eyeshadow (Matte2) blended out with a light neutral shadow but I've always found this combination slightly too cool for my NC30 skintone. Even though Cinderfella is a cool eyeshadow to begin with, somehow the light-reflecting glitter lends it some warmth and I would recommend it to anyone who has a similar skintone to mine. Ive also worn Young Punk on one eye and Cinderfella on the other to compare the two. Young Punk is definitely darker and therefore more dramatic than Cinderfella is. Cinderfella is as its name suggests- something youll wear to a social function, something classy and understated without lacking the awe-inspiring effect. It is so captivating that you could stare at yourself in the mirror and get excited by how indescribable this shade of black is. I very highly recommend Cinderfella if you can still get your hands on it, it's just the kind of eyeshadow that a woman of any age (be it 16 or 61) can wear and will look stunning in.

I remember going into to buy Carbon and getting conned into buying this instead. No regrets here.
- - -
Pro - soft black shadow with great color pay off. like another reviewer has mentioned when applied wet it creates a beautiful silver color. long lasting (in terms of wear) and also long lasting considering this product will last for years.
- - -
Cons - glitter fall out. :(
- - -
Overall - great for enhancing smokey eye make up. I would use this under other eye shadows as a base but not as the main eye shadow to create a look. Great, unique color and definitely worth owning. However, steer clear if you don't like any shimmer.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Mmmm.... Been reading so many reviews for these little gems (in all 4 shades) and I've been wanting them for so long that I couldn't help but go and purchase one today. I was thinking it might have been hard to do something with this mineral eyeshadow, but it is quite versatile and easy to wear! I love the silver sparkles and it really does a lot to piece together a smokey eye look in 3 easy steps! Line eye with greasepaint stick, slap some Cinderfella ontop, blend the eyeshadow and then apply mascara. Such an easy easy lovely sexy look! So glad I bought this and I am SO IN LOVE!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

GOR-GE-OUS!!! Foiled and with a good dark base (Blackground paintpot) it just pops and looks oh so fab! I'm not even going to save it for nights; gonna wear it wherever and whenever i feel like it! Am gonna try it with a silvery base next to see how it looks ..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am very impressed with the Style Black mineralize shadows.I got all of them and all most passed on this one thinking "oh its just a black shadow, I have those I don't need this." The texture was creamy and smooth and the fine silver sparkles were so vibrant, this is truly a black shadow with a lot of character. I would not purchase again because these shadows are HUGE and will last a lifetime. I will update this and let you know how the wear is. Trivial tidbit:
At the MAC store they told me Lady Gaga wore this shadow at the VMA's.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product I thought would be great for a smokey eye, but it is impossible to wear it dry because little to no really colour shows up and glitter goes everywhere. Then when worn wet, it is really black and hard to move then as it dries glitter drops all over my cheeks. As well mine cracked in half, which was annoying. I have also tried this over black bases, nude pases and nothing works it is hopeless unless you really like glitter everywhere.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Would not repurchase because I can't ever see this finishing. Cinderfella is one of my favourite dark eyeshadows - especially over a base like the greasepaint stick or Blackground paint pot! Dark and smokey with shimmery silver glitter - perfect for an evening out! Looks really good in the crease with Smoke and Diamonds!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is a fantastic color. I wear it over bat black and spray the brush with fix + and it stays on all day. This and guilt by association are some excellent colors. At first I was not really seeing the color pay off when I used it over a dark paint and I was about to take it back. But then I used the bat black and wet the brush and it worked out well. This is definitely a must to add in the smokey eye collection.