MAC Shell Cream Colour Base

MAC Shell Cream Colour Base

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Synthetic Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Jojoba Esters, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tocophernol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxycholride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So beautiful for highlighting cheekbones for those who have larger/ congested pores like myself. It creates a natural shimmer that doesn't intensify the pores ect.

Wouldn't use with a brush though, sponge of fingers work best :)

on 6/6/2016 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Best eye shadow primer I've ever used. I think I got my first pan of this in as an extra in a swap *years* ago and didn't really know what to do with it at first. Anyway, using it as a primer was what I came up w/ and just honestly, I've never used a primer that gave me such intense color - even from poorly pigmented shadows - and lasted as long as this CCB. Love it.

To Read all 93 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/6/2016 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a pretty decent multytasking product I use it like a hightlighter for cheeks and inner corner eyes... The shimmer isn't very intense and the color is great for cool skin tones... I just find that it have a great long wearing in oily skins

on 1/11/2016 10:58:00 PM

I am NC 35 for most MAC foundations. I ended up getting Shell while looking for a highlighter that wasn't as expensive as Becca. It was an impulse buying because they only had three CCBs in display and even though the lady told me there were other colors that would look more "natural" for brown skin, I ended up buying Shell.

Pros:
-It does not look like it is just sitting on skin no matter how many layers you put. (blending is the key; gently tap over it with a beauty blender for the best results)
-It looks beautiful on the cheekbones. You can't tell that you have something on from a front side view. It only shows if light hits the highlighted area.
-Very versatile. I use it for my brow bone, the bridge of my nose, my cheek bones and my Cupid's bow.
-It is buildable. You can control the intensity.
-The pink is v subtle and I love how it looks in my skin. It gives a natural pinkish tone.
-It is definitely very reflective (esp when you put more than 2 layers)
-A great alternative for a more subtle everyday look. (I always put one layer of it for a workplace look)
- Avery handy packaging. You can carry it around too if you feel like you might need touchups.

Cons:
-It does sometimes look glittery instead of shimmery if its not blended well.
-Brushes were horrible for this product (at least for me). My fingers worked the best. So it depends in how you like to apply it.
-It does tend to clash with my oily T-zone. For people with oily skin, the glimmer it gives off might not be desirable. A powder over it is a must.
-It has a "white" reflectingness. If you are a WoC, then I would definitely advice you to get Bronze, Tint, Dusk or the darkest color for a more natural look.

Overall, I love this product. Shell might not be the best CCB for your skin tone but I love how it looks. Just try it in before buying it and you should be good :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

oh this stuff is rad to use as a highlighter on cheeks!

YESSSS! I love this! I'm a shimmer fan, so this is just perfect for me. It looks lovely in natural light, like your skin is really healthy and shiny. I also have a Cream Colour Base in 'Hush', and I can't really pick a favourite, they're very different but both very lovely.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In my 40s I found that I could no longer wear powder shadows without getting a lizard-y, drying look on my lids. So I was really happy when I found MAC's cream color base in shell. I really like this color and application. It is easy to apply with a brush and stays on all day. The color is a light pink (but not glittery or 1970s "frost") and really complements my skin and eye color. Will definitely repurchase and try other shades as well.

I generally like MAC cream color bases, but not this one. The color is pinky beige and it doesn't really work well with my NW20/25 skin. Besides, it is the texture that I am not a fan of: instead of being creamy and glowy it is very gritty and glittery. I just don't find it very flattering.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This works great for highlighting on me. The pinkish/golden pearl finish is beautiful. It's versatile, I use it to highlight brow-bone, nose bridge, cheeks, and just above the cupid's bow.

on 7/30/2013 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Absolutely LOVING this CCB. My all time favourite blush is Mac ladyblush blushcreme (discontinued.) As it's a cream blush I wanted a cream highlighter so that they sit well together on my cheeks. I ordered Shell a few weeks ago and have been using it every day since. I apply it using a Mac 190 brush, load it up on the brush & dab it on the tops of my cheekbones. I feel the pink tone to Shell CCB would pair well with any pink blush & it certainly pairs well with my Mac Ladyblush. The end result is a pretty, glowynot too in your face sheen. Not too glittery at all in my opinion. I love this product and will DEFINITELY repurchase when it runs out.

Popular Blush Products