Curel Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

Curel Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion
Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

4.5

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Tapioca Starch, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG/PPG 17/6 Copolymer, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Cetyl PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Bis Methoxyproplamido Isodocosane, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

**Update: After further use of this lotion, I am updating. While I still think this is a very good lotion for dry skin, I have started to noticed some redness in some areas of my skin. Not all over, but still noticeable. It may be the olive fruit extract, and I think Curel puts this in many of their lotions. I don't do well with straight olive oil on my skin, causes redness, so I suspect this is the culprit. It is way down on the ingredient list so I thought it would not be a real factor, but it probably is. I'll discontinue use and try my cocoa butter lotion, which has been good for winter skin in the past. **

So far so good with this body lotion. I have extremely dry skin that does get itchy in places and with cooler weather coming on, I know I will need even more help. I'm picky about body lotion. This one is fragrance free, is not sticky like the Curel Rough Skin Rescue; it feels very smooth when you apply it and it makes my skin soft and comfortable- and no itching. I do not suffer from eczema, so I cannot attest to that, but I will say I have been more pleased with this than with any other lotion I have tried in a long time. As compared to others, it is (for me) more moisturizing than Jergen's Ultra Healing, Lubriderm, Cetaphil, Eucerin, or Nivea. I have not had any allergic reactions to this, nor have I had to reapply all day and I cannot say that for other lotions. It has a pump dispenser, and the price on this is around $6 at Walmart for a 13 oz bottle, which works for me. Comfortable skin is a must and this one is doing a great job.

on 6/16/2016 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this lotion is ahhhh-mazing! i have alot of problems with my skin (eczema, psoriasis, overall very dry and sensitive) and this has been a literal life saver for me!! i've suffered form eczema for as kong as i can remember, and have tried every cream, ointment, home ready, etc and nothing has worked well for me. recently i also developed mild psoriasis on my legs and torso. after weeks of sleepless nights and uncomfortable days of excruciating itching, and wanting to rip my skin off, i was recommended this by a coworker. instantly i had relief!! not only that, but my rashes nearly disappeared after a few weeks of using this 2x a day! seriously this stuff was a miracle for me and i would highly recommend! it has no smell, and the texture just feels amazing on my thick dry skin. the ONLY con to this, is that if i use this on my arms my skin gets really sticky when i sweat.

on 11/7/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Absorbs fast, moisturizes well, and is truly unscented. But as soon as I wash my hands, I have to put more on. Kinda pricy for a drug store lotion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So I've been using this hand lotion for about 2 months now (every night) and I am in love! I have pretty bad eczema on my hands and it tends to flare up almost every other day if I don't moisturize or use the ointment from the doctor I have been using for years. It is pretty manageable, but it is just so irritating since it makes me very self conscious of the way my hands look when it has flared up and it can itch like crazy.
Personally the ointment from the doctor is something I hate to use. It takes forever soak in and it gets on everything if I don't put gloves on. Regular moisturizer does okay but only for a bit and eventually my skin will flare up and I'm forced to used the ointment. One day I stumbled across this, I didn't have that high of hopes since I have used almost every other eczema hand cream. It took me a few weeks to figure out if it was doing anything for me and I can confidently say that it is!
I use one pump of this every night before I go to bed, I apply it to my hands first and then any other spots on my body that are getting itchy as well. It calms down the itching dramatically and makes it bearable for me during the day. Usually when I use the ointment it lasts through the night and helps me a little bit during the day but it if is a bad flare up, it is no help at all. But with this from Curel, I rarely have any itching during the day.
A few mornings ago, I woke up with a patch on one of my fingers and before I left for school, I put a little bit of the lotion on it. It never itched once that day and now the patch is almost all the way gone and I didn't have to use the ointment once! The only complaint I have about this is when I applied it to my legs. It didn't seem to soak, it seemed to keep materials from easily sliding over my legs and it was kind of annoying.
I cannot remember how much this cost but I have a huge bottle of it and I haven't even hit halfway yet. Also, I've only had to use the ointment from my doctor twice and that is remarkable since I'd usually have to keep it in my back pocket every day.
If you suffer from eczema or anything similar to it and nothing seems to be working for you (even the stuff from the doctor) try this! It isn't super expensive and you get a large amount as well. It doesn't leave a residue and it doesn't have a fragrance as well which is a huge plus. I got mine at Walgreen's and I'm sure it is available in any drugstore.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only thing worse than itchy skin is stepping out of a shower and having skin that feels all slimy with lotion that won't sink in. I freaking hate that feeling. I like this lotion largely for the fact that it sinks in super quickly, but I decided I really liked it once I realized that it works quite well too. Not as well as, say, my gold bond anti bump lotion (that stuff is a miracle,) but the gold bond isn't stuff you can just slop on and go. I use the Curel itchy skin body wash too, as a side note, and I'm liking it even more than my aveeno.

Also, my bottle smells absolutely nothing like dead fish. Or maybe I've broken my nose too many times and completely lost my sense of smell, who knows?

on 3/22/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This lotion is ok, but in my humble opinion it is not the best that Curel have done. I'm in love with their targeted lotion for Hands and cuticles, and their targeted lotion for feet, both HG. This is not the case with this one, it's definitively not moisturizing enough for my really dry and sensitive skin. I used it on my legs after shaving and I had to add more later as it was not moisturizing enough. For someone who need light to medium hydration, that might be perfect, but for me it's not enough.

I love the pump bottle and I love the smell too, clean, creamy smell but really soft.

on 3/19/2015 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been on the hunt for a good lotion after I had to give up my HG Cetaphil since I found out I'm allergic to macadamias. I can't stand the smell of Lubriderm and this was a little less inexpensive, so I picked this up. it's not nearly as moisturizing as the Cetaphil, but with daily use it's not too bad... I didn't realize it's potential until recently when I tried CeraVe, which costs twice as much, didn't do anything for me. my skin was so parched, there was no way I could wait until that bottle was used up. I'll be using this and keeping it on hand until I can find something... The one thing that ticks me off about the packaging is the top of the pump comes off easily and won't stay on. I often lose it and then have to open the bottle every time instead. it says it's good for eczema, which I don't have, but I'm not so sure it would be enough.

on 6/18/2014 8:52:00 PM

Fantastic product! Most moisturizers smell great but don't moisturize but this unscented lotion is very effective. I don't need to reapply after a few hours, the price is great so this is a winner for me!

on 2/23/2014 2:48:00 PM

I would never buy this again. I purchased two bottles of the Curel Itch Defense, one for me, one for my daughter. They both smelled like dead fish as soon as we used it. The company was kind enough to send me a new bottle and this one seems ok...but I would never spend money on it again just in case I had the same problem. I've read other reviews and several others have had the same problem. I have never had a problem with any other Curel product and will continue buying them.

on 11/25/2013 10:47:00 PM

I have had hives and eczema for over a decade. This is the only lotion I use for my whole body. There is really no scent and it is soothing to my rough, itchy skin. I even use it on my face if needed!