OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros

Easy To Use
Effective
Good Value
inoffensive scent
Lightweight
non-irritating

Cons

None

Best Uses

Daily Use
Women/Men
Oily Skin

My skin is a challenge--oily in the t-zone and dry on the cheeks. I've sampled several of the most highly rated mattifiers, and so far OC8 is my favorite to inhibit oilyness on the nose and forehead. It does not keep me matte for 8 hours. However, it does keep me matte-to-glowy for 3-4 hours (a feat since I normally start to get shiny within 30 minutes), and after blotting, the oil is slow to resurface.

OC8 is a colorless translucent gel that spreads easily on skin. It has a natural fragrance-free scent which is earthy and slightly glue-like--not offensive at all, and it dissipates when dry. It can be used over sunscreen without foundation, so is great for anybody (like me) who likes to go au naturel. It is also formulated to work under foundation. I did not notice a white cast as stated in the expert review on Beautypedia, but I have fair skin.

My other two favorites are Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector and Paula's Choice Shine Stopper. The Becca dries very quickly, but can be temperamental, resulting in the product lifting and looking dry/patchy. The Paula's Choice is gentle and very easy to apply, but takes a really long time to set. OC8 is the happy medium with ease of use, fairly quick dry time and a nice finish. Bottom line, this is the best mattifier I've used.

I bought this product off Amazon for $25 a tube for 1.6 oz of product. I was really excited to try this product because of the positive reviews I read on Amazon. I have excessive oily skin that usually gets shiny before I even leave the house in the morning. So I can safely say that I have oily skin. I usually have to blot several times a day to look somewhat decent and presentable. I've tried tons and tons of mattifiers and oil controlling product but have yet to find anything that seemed to make a noticeable difference. This is a white gel product with a thick consistency. I tend to use more on the areas that get oily faster such as nose and chin area. This product does hold up really well for at least 6 hours for me which is pretty insane! The only down fall is that this product breaks me out. Everytime I use it, I always get a cystic breakout. sigh.... I have yet to throw this product out and still use it when I go out for special events. For everyday oil control, Im still sticking to my trusty blotting sheet until they come up with a cure for this. Please, if anyone has any suggestions, please mesg me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

As a person with oily/acne prone skin I am always on the look out for something to mattify my skin without making my skin look dry.

I always apply a tiny amount of this product after my routine in the morning, which is after all moisturisers/sunscreens but before makeup (leaving a few minutes for it to sink in before MU application).
It dries matte on my skin without making me look dry or without any tight feeling. With or without applying my mineral foundation I find I am less oily throughout the whole day, however, I find it doesn't last the full eight hours on me but it is pretty close and nothing a quick tpuch up doesn't fix.
If you want you can also apply this product ontop of makeup.

I find this product a great primer and I am about to purchase my second tube, wouldn't be without it.

I like the packaging, a simple white (toothpaste) tube. Product is easy to get out even at the end.