OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel

Filtered by hair type : Curly

1 review

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros

Easy To Use
Effective
Good Value
inoffensive scent
Lightweight
non-irritating

Cons

None

Best Uses

Daily Use
Women/Men
Oily Skin

My skin is a challenge--oily in the t-zone and dry on the cheeks. I've sampled several of the most highly rated mattifiers, and so far OC8 is my favorite to inhibit oilyness on the nose and forehead. It does not keep me matte for 8 hours. However, it does keep me matte-to-glowy for 3-4 hours (a feat since I normally start to get shiny within 30 minutes), and after blotting, the oil is slow to resurface.

OC8 is a colorless translucent gel that spreads easily on skin. It has a natural fragrance-free scent which is earthy and slightly glue-like--not offensive at all, and it dissipates when dry. It can be used over sunscreen without foundation, so is great for anybody (like me) who likes to go au naturel. It is also formulated to work under foundation. I did not notice a white cast as stated in the expert review on Beautypedia, but I have fair skin.

My other two favorites are Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector and Paula's Choice Shine Stopper. The Becca dries very quickly, but can be temperamental, resulting in the product lifting and looking dry/patchy. The Paula's Choice is gentle and very easy to apply, but takes a really long time to set. OC8 is the happy medium with ease of use, fairly quick dry time and a nice finish. Bottom line, this is the best mattifier I've used.