OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel

Filtered by hair type : Straight

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Absolutely THE BEST, at least for me! Nothing comes even close and I've tried many different mattifying products as I have a really oily skin. I've been using this for a decade now and I simply can't imagine not having it. I mix it with a dollop of Estee Lauder DW foundation and apply with a sponge over moisturized skin. Most days my face stays matte for at least 6 hours and even then it gets just slightly oily in the t-zone. If I use just the foundation, I'm all shiny within an hour. At weekends I often use it on its own and my skin looks fresh for 8+ hours. I know from other reviews that for some people it doesn't work but if you have oily skin, give it a try. And if it doesn't seem to work, perhaps it's your moisturizer or whatever you apply on your skin before OC Eight.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had high hopes this mattifier that boasted 8 hour oil-absorbing properties would be my silver bullet. Of course, it was too good to be true. OC Eight performs as well as all the other mattifiers in my arsenal, 4 hours on a not so hot and humid day, 2 if its nasty out, but nothing near 8 hours. Its also very expensive at $39. Alas, my inner, oily werewolf still rules.