OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.5

I bought this product off Amazon for $25 a tube for 1.6 oz of product. I was really excited to try this product because of the positive reviews I read on Amazon. I have excessive oily skin that usually gets shiny before I even leave the house in the morning. So I can safely say that I have oily skin. I usually have to blot several times a day to look somewhat decent and presentable. I've tried tons and tons of mattifiers and oil controlling product but have yet to find anything that seemed to make a noticeable difference. This is a white gel product with a thick consistency. I tend to use more on the areas that get oily faster such as nose and chin area. This product does hold up really well for at least 6 hours for me which is pretty insane! The only down fall is that this product breaks me out. Everytime I use it, I always get a cystic breakout. sigh.... I have yet to throw this product out and still use it when I go out for special events. For everyday oil control, Im still sticking to my trusty blotting sheet until they come up with a cure for this. Please, if anyone has any suggestions, please mesg me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

As a person with oily/acne prone skin I am always on the look out for something to mattify my skin without making my skin look dry.

I always apply a tiny amount of this product after my routine in the morning, which is after all moisturisers/sunscreens but before makeup (leaving a few minutes for it to sink in before MU application).
It dries matte on my skin without making me look dry or without any tight feeling. With or without applying my mineral foundation I find I am less oily throughout the whole day, however, I find it doesn't last the full eight hours on me but it is pretty close and nothing a quick tpuch up doesn't fix.
If you want you can also apply this product ontop of makeup.

I find this product a great primer and I am about to purchase my second tube, wouldn't be without it.

I like the packaging, a simple white (toothpaste) tube. Product is easy to get out even at the end.