OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Green

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my HG products. I would be completely lost, drowning in a pool of my own sebum if this product did not exist.

OC8 is by far the best oil control product I have ever tried and boy have I tried many. I have extremely oily skin, and when I say extremely, I mean my face gets oily within 30 minutes of cleansing and within an hour you could fry and egg on my face.

I have been on a low dose Accutane regimen to control excess oil production and my skin STILL gets oily to the point where my make-up will begin to slide off my face at the 2 hour mark.

OC8 has allowed me to wear lighter make-up, if I use OC8 on top of my moisturiser followed by Estee Lauder Double Wear Light my make-up will look flawless for a good 8 hours, a little oil will begin to come through but it will look dewy and nice as opposed to pizza face.

The scent used to really put me off, I used to hate putting it on my face but I have grown accustomed to it and I don't even notice it anymore.

It causes issues with some make-up, in particular mineral foundation, it sometimes makes it come out patchy. I have remedied this situation by layering Smashbox Photofinish Primer on top of OC8 (excessive, I know) and it works a treat!

Highly recommend this product to anyone who suffers from an oily complexion.

The most important beauty product I own. I look like a grease slick moments after washing my face on the reg, but if I apply this I get 6-8 perfectly matte hours depending on the weather (and what foundation I use on top of it) Just amazing, amazing, amazing. If you have medium large pores and are sick of looking dewy all the damn time, I was getting filmed under hot lights dancing around with sweaty hair and my face still looked like it was made out of suede with this stuff on. WELL worth the price. I do keep worrying that its slightly less effective since they changed to the new packaging although that could be paranoia, but even with the new packaging & a greasy foundation on top I get a solid 5 glow free hours.

Popular Primer/ Correctors