OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel

Filtered by age: 36-43

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Absolutely THE BEST, at least for me! Nothing comes even close and I've tried many different mattifying products as I have a really oily skin. I've been using this for a decade now and I simply can't imagine not having it. I mix it with a dollop of Estee Lauder DW foundation and apply with a sponge over moisturized skin. Most days my face stays matte for at least 6 hours and even then it gets just slightly oily in the t-zone. If I use just the foundation, I'm all shiny within an hour. At weekends I often use it on its own and my skin looks fresh for 8+ hours. I know from other reviews that for some people it doesn't work but if you have oily skin, give it a try. And if it doesn't seem to work, perhaps it's your moisturizer or whatever you apply on your skin before OC Eight.

I have an extremely oily T-zone area, and I mean extremely. I realise that there is no primer created that can contain the oil that my skin produces. This product gives my makeup a bit more staying power, and lasts longer than other primers I have tried. The biggest plus for me is that it stops my makeup moving around on my face and stops it from going patchy, so my foundation wears off evenly if I put this on. I had almost given up on wearing foundation before I used this product.

It controls my oil for about 2 hours, no where near 8, but I am an extreme case.

I will be buying again once I run out, and have been using it for about a month now.