Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupte

Gloss Volupte

3.7

on 12/3/2016 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Formula is lightweight and doesn't irritate, and I love the light watermelon candy scent, but it's a lot of money for what you get. The color is not exceptional.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought the YSL Gloss Volupte in N°210 Autumn Look, a cool toned pinky nude shade. I can just about pull it off with my complexion (NC 30), and I quite like it. The only qualms people may have with this is the quality in comparison to the price. It could be better, it's similar to many decent drug-store brand lipglosses, a good dupe being Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Supernatural (which I love- the TV show and the lipgloss XD )
That being said, it's a nice lipgloss which lasts for a couple of hours (at most) before fading away. It feels comfortable on the lips, isn't tacky or offensively sticky and suits a minimalistic makeup look, or adds a bit of glossy shine to the lips if you don't want to go completely bare.
If you want something a little more long lasting with better colour pay-off, try the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levres range as they're pretty damn awesome or the Revlon ones mentioned above.

on 9/21/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lipgloss!!!! I don't have this exact colour I have a really natural colour with a touch of glitter in it. It's not to much but you can tell, the one thing I don't splash out on product wise is lip glosses but I've been using this exact lip gloss on and of for about 2 years and I always manage to re purchase every time. I tell myself I'm going to try something new or try a different colour but I'm addicted and it's worth every penny and I think I'm gona continue to buy for a long time!

on 7/26/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I dont have this particular color but ive 2 of these glosses and not kidding the best lip-gloss ever even tho its so expensive its worth every cent and if i had to use 1 lip-gloss brand for rest of my life it would be these lip-glosses.
if anyone would come out with exact same formula of these but for cheaper they would be earn billions

on 4/27/2015 10:43:00 PM

Great applicator, however rest is rubbish - colours are not very pigmented (I bought 210), does not last, and very very drying on the lips. I will not repurchase.

on 4/17/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This tastes so awful! I thought maybe I had received a rancid one when I first tried it. I exchanged it at Nordstrom and sure enough, still awful. This sounds so dramatic but I felt like I was tasting chemical poison or something... that's how bad it tastes. I've never experienced this with a lip gloss before, ever, from any line. And it actually leaves this semi-stinging sensation too whenever I accidentally lick my lips. It smells so sickly sweet and unpleasant as well.

I have this is 19 Rose Orfèvre, and the color is a beautiful light warm baby pink with pretty, soft shimmer. The texture was smooth, thin, and non-sticky, and I like the cute lip shaped applicator. I thought it would be sort of gimmicky, but it does help apply evenly due to the tapered tip and flexible shape. I wish this had worked for me but I absolutely loathe this gloss. I'm giving it two lippies for the color, texture, and applicator since I do think it deserves some mention. However, I'm thrilled to be returning this one.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have bought two of these in the shade 19 and 20. The colours I like, the packaging I like, but the taste is uninviting. I really don´t like the smell or the taste and this is why I have given them away. The best ones are Chanel glossimer´s since they are fragrance and taste free.

I love, love, love these glosses! I have 2 of them (2 Or Saharienne & 30 Corail lingot) and they are amazing! I hate sticky glosses and these are light, soft and extremely shiny. No stickiness! They feel luxurious, smell divine and look absolutely gorgeous!

on 10/6/2014 12:52:00 PM

I am really disappointed by the lack of quality of this expensive lipgloss. I have it in 202 , a light pink with little pigmentation. It smells and tastes very unpleasant, and I don't normally have problems with the smell or taste of lips products. It lasts on the lips for maximum one hour, without drinking or eating (and I think I am very generous saying one hour). What I find unacceptable for a lipgloss, especially given the price, is the fact is it leaves the lips dry! I can't remember experiencing this with other lipglosses. And on the top of that I suspect that it causes an irritation on my lips, small red blisters. I have the same experience with Ysl rouge volupte, it might be an ingredient that doesn't agree with me.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I got this in 01 (gold with gold shimmer) to wear either alone or layered over a sheer bronze lip when I do a smokey eye.

As much as I love YSL, this lip gloss is sooooo disgusting. I really should have heeded the warning of another reviewer who said that the fragrance is *really strong*!!

It smells like plum, but very very strong. And the fragrance doesn't fade even after 10 minutes. To me, it is not a sophisticated scent (not like Guerlain's lovely violet fragrance on their cosmetics). It's just tacky and nauseating and I hate smelling it right under my nose. On top of that, I'd be embarrassed to have anyone else smell it on me -- and it's so strong that other people would probably be able to smell it too!!

It's a shame, because color-wise, this gold lipgloss is perfect. Nobody does gold, in my opinion, as well as YSL does gold makeup. Still... this was so incredibly nauseating that I am going to have to return this.

Ew!