Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Purple Haze

Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Purple Haze

3.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/15/2011 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Meh. I love Urban Decay shadows, and this one is buttery and blendable and all that good stuff, but the color is...weird. It's almost a reddish purple. Purple always looks great on me, but this one is pinky and warm and really unusual. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it just doesn't look good on my cool, fair, pinkish skin tone.

I got it on sale for $3, so I really can't complain. I'm still trying to find a way to wear it...if I don't find a combo I like, I'll probably just give this away.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

purple haze has become one of my favourite eyeshadows. its easy to blend and an amazing kinda purpleish pink. it makes my dark brown eyes look amazing. i dont understand why the other reviews are bad because i absolutely love this eyeshadow!

on 12/21/2010 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this. I've had no problems with any of the other Urban Decay matte shades, but this one was just something else. It's a really pretty color, but when I first swatched it, it applied unevenly. So, I tried to add another layer to build up, but once I did this it just made it more uneven. The spots that were lighter to begin with turned bright pink and the other spots a deep purple. No matter what I did, it was like my brush was picking up color from my skin when I tried to apply more. I tried over a couple of different bases and it was pretty much always the same. It works better over a sticky base, but if you try to blend at all it get patchy.

I was hopeful that it would apply better on the eye, it kind of did, but it took a ridiculous amount of time. After getting it moderately even, I gave up and just left it as is. =/

I'm planning on going to sephora and seeing if they have any testers of this. I'm hoping that mine was just faulty or expired or something. I really do love the shade.

Nice medium bright purple...very velvety and soft in texture. Easy to blend but better if used with other colours because on it's own, it's a little too pink.

I'd describe this as a mid-tone fuschia-ish purple semi-bright with no shimmer, it's a pretty unique color but there's nothing this looks good paired with and it's too pinky to wear alone so it's not for me I guess.