Ulta Fab Face Foundation SPF 15

2.1

on 12/8/2012 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

When I bought this I was hoping it would be worth the price I paid. Sadly, I was wrong. This foundation turns orange within an hour and covers NOTHING on your face. And even their lightest shade was far too dark for my skin. I was furious also when I started breaking out after using this. If you have sensitive skin this is a no go but there are so many things wrong about this foundation that there's no point in my opinion to try it.

I purchased this on my very first Ulta visit. Tried to ask Ulta customer service girl bout this at the counter but she was too busy and told me she simply doesnt know about this foundation. I usually get better service at department stores and drugstores than that. So I grab the Fab Face without much thinking.

The foundation seems to seperate a little and does not sink in when applied on top of the Eucerin SPF30 for face. I tried it over some other moisturizer with and without SPF, the same thing. It also does not cover well. And it turned shinning soon, despite being oil-free. After using this for a few days, I dumped the liquid foundation and kept the pump bottle for other foundations.

The good news is it never broke me out. And the lightest shade is actually light enough for m, quite neutral with no obvious pink or yellow. Ulta got the shade right. For that, I give it a 1.

on 4/22/2011 1:11:00 PM

So far I really like this product. It doesnt look cakey on me and I like the way it feels. Its not heavy like other foundations..

I bought this on a poorly planned spending spree about 2 weeks ago and I haven't entirely rejected it yet, which is a good sign.

Generally from Ulta you can expect mediocre quality, but functional makeup, and this really fits the bill.

Pros:
very smooth application
reduces appearance of redness, provides even skin tone
great colors for light skin
nice illuminating and dewy effect
no acne yet :)
price ($)

Cons:
very very light coverage
weird smell that fades
short staying power < 8 hours

To get the coverage I want, I apply this as an all over base and spot treat my pimples with an more expensive estee lauder max coverage foundation. Combining the cheap and expensive really saves money over time.
After the addition of a little powder that I look like a dream.

I would recommend this for those who don't want to look like there's much on their face but want a nice even skin tone.

on 3/29/2011 6:16:00 PM

I was initially excited when I spied this in Ulta on a recent makeup buying spree. I don't remember the promises it made because I returned it promptly along with the box, but I can say with certainty that if it claimed to provide shiny, cakey, greasiness with no coverage, then it delivered right on the mark! :/
Unfortunately, my other purchase--- Physician's Formula Rx. concealer--- took the rap for making my face look cakey and awful. Later, however, I discovered the true culprit, Fab Face foundation. (PF concealer has since been exonerated of all crimes).
Seriously, though, I had hoped that this would be similar to a favorite but long gone product, the original Mac Hyperreal foundation, which I adored, and has sadly been discontinued. (sniff sniff) I love foundations that have duochrome reflective pigments mixed with opaque coverage, and unfortunately, they are hard to find.
In my experience, this foundation missed the mark on so many levels. I have dry skin and love a dewy finish, so I'm seeking the glow. This foundation looked glowy and gorgeous in the bottle, but once applied on my face, it appeared to be a gloppy greasy mess with little or no coverage and definitely no sheer ethereal glow. I tried it again at home, thinking, again, that my cakey greasy look was because of the concealer. I soon realized that this product just wasn't for me. Back to the store it went, receipt and all, with yet another beauty crime added to its long rap sheet.

on 3/8/2011 9:00:00 PM

I bought this initially because it matched my skin tone perfectly, I'm a NW25 or NW20 and because of my neutrality in tone it is hard to find a shade that fits me that isn't too pink or yellow. This matched very well. Other than that, the foundation is too shiny once applied and doesn't have enough coverage in my opinion. I have some redness on my cheeks that I like to cover up and this just doesn't do it too well. Besides that, it seems to melt off by the end of the day...don't know where it goes but i have hardly anything to wash off in the evening. On a positive note; it does not cause break outs and it does have SPF which is nice.

on 2/19/2011 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just started using this and the first time I put it on I thought it was a waste of money...but then I noticed while it is on the sheer side, it really diminishes the look of my pores. It also covers the redness on my face pretty well.
It definitely could have a more color but overall I think it has a nice finish. A bit shiny though.

It does have a bit of a sticky consistency and you can feel it on your face, but it doesn't bother me much.

I'm not sure if I'd buy it again though.
It doesn't seem like it was worth the $12.50, but it's not an absolute waste.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I don't know why all the comments on here are negative. I just bought this product about 3 days ago, and so far I really like it. I have a VERY pale skin complextion, and the foundation really seems to match my skin tone (I bought light ivory).

I would say the coverage is medium. If you put on a thin layer, yes, it will be very light. Also, if you use a foundation brush and apply the foundation on, it seems to give better coverage.

I really would buy this product again. I got it for around 12$. Definatly better than drug store makeup that's the same price.

The only negative thing I have for this foundation, is the consistency is pretty thick. If you absolutly hate the feeling of foundation on your face, don't buy this, because you can kind of feel it a bit. It's not too bad, but if you hate feeling like you have makeup on your face, don't buy this.

Overall, I really enjoy this product. I would really recomend giving it a try :)

on 8/16/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this stuff definately doesn't give you that "fab face" it says there is no coverage and the little coverage that it does give doesn't last long... even if you have good skin that doesn't need much coverage I still would not recommend this :P

But i do like the packaging, since pumps are so handy!

on 7/27/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HATE this! I really wanted to like it since it was 20 bucks and I never spend that much on foundation. I don't like the smell at all.. It's a very light coverage which I also don't like. The only plus to this is it matched my skin tone perfectly.