3.7

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 months ago

If you wanted a Rose you're better off with the original Paris. The light fruity and rose notes disappear in 10 minutes. After that its dominated by musk, patchouli, old nuts and plastic, which manage to give me a headache. I'd describe it as dark, skanky scent, kind of sweaty and unwashed. I'm probably picking up on the Patchoulli here, which can act like that on certain people. The packaging is gorgeous, but the scent isn't what I expected from YSL. The lasting power is so poor it seems watered down and only lasts an hour on me. Floral Woody Musk Top Notes - cranberry, blackberry, vinyl Heart Notes - Damascus rose, violet, peony, Base Notes - patchouli, vetiver, musk, sandalwood

About reviewer (1216 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Why did I catch on to this one so late?? I have been searching high and low for a scent like this. This is a rose perfume. Definite and absolutely rose. My 3 year old even picked up on the rose note (I use rose scented products on her). It's a true rose, like rosewater. Not a deep musky rose. And then there is berries! Candied, girly, warm, slightly sexy berries. Vinyl I only get in the top note personally. Hated it at first. Now I find it fun. I weirdly smell sandlewood in the midnotes. Like it is there when the scent is the strongest, but then isn't... The remnants is a glorious rosewater and warm sensual raspberries. YSL still has this in manufacturing and I hope they *always* do. This is a perfect every day scent. I can smell it all day, but it isn't a fruitchouli bomb like so many others on the market. It is fruity floral but not sharp. It is just well rounded and perfect. I love it so much!!

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

3 years ago

I own a small bottle (only 0.25fl.oz) of Parisienne since I got it as a gift 2 or 3 years ago and I use it occasionally, but it is far from being my favorite perfume for a simple reason that it is very very sweet. I actually like it better than its predecessor Paris, and I think I will slowly finish this one someday, but it's not something I will get again. It is equally both floral and fruity for me (peonies and berries is what I can smell the most), very strong, quite girly and romantic in a way. Surprisingly, even though I am not into very sweet scents, I can sometimes pull this one off, it does not give me a headache like many other sweet perfumes do. It dries into much softer, milder (less candy-like) kind of sweetness in about half an hour on me and that's when I kinda like it :) It vaguely reminds me of Baby Doll, but I'm not sure if just because it's another sweet scent by YSL or if there is something more that they have in common...

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

A floral (mainly roses) with a touch of berries. Muted sweetness, not overly sweet and powering but just right to me. Just like babydoll, the liquid is a pale pink. The packaging is stylish and expensive looking, like a jewel. I have this on my hallway table next to my keys so I spray on days where I missed spraying my J'adore fragrance when getting ready in my room. It makes a great edition to my decor or candles and flowers. The scent lasts about 5 hours on my skin but still slightly remains the floral and sweetish fresh smell on my clothes until I wash it. The staying power is no match to my HG J'adore but it is less pricey after all. I'll still give it a 5 cause it ticks all the boxes for a perfume in my eyes. Yes I will buy again cause it smells and looks beautiful.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

I have this habit of finding stuff I really like that's most likely discontinued.... Sigh. But come on sixty bucks for YSL perfume!? It has a divine scent too... Roses & peonies and crisp fresh berries. I layer it with Rose Jam body wash from lush... it's like leaving a trail of rose petals behind you wherever you go. lots of compliments with this one, not that I'm trying for that but it's nice. I'm super prone to migraines from fragrances and Parisienne doesn't bother me at all. It's very light and fresh and sweet (but not flowerbomb sweet ugh) I will for sure be hoarding this so I don't run out

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I just bought my first bottle and I'm going back to the store to buy a back-up. I love, love, love this magnificent perfume. It is a perfect fit for my body chemistry - it makes me happy to have such sweet, soulful notes of fruit and white flowers surrounding me. It's a fragrance to make you happy - that's what's so great about it. No headaches or other side-effects as I get from so many perfumes - for example, I can't wear any perfume by Chanel because I get a headache and nauseous from something in them that really stinks on my skin, but Yves Saint Laurent seems to hit a home run with every fragrance. A classic!

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

Bought it in my first trip to Paris. It's very special for me. Very French. It's amazing.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

5 years ago

No love here. It is very similar to Gres Cabotine Floralisme, which is better in my estimation at a fraction of the price, and Amor Amor is a masterpiece by comparison.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairGrey

6 years ago

I owed it to my husband again (he find this perfume lovely). I got this from my husband for my anniversary and i think it is indeed very sexy and delicate. Not offending at all, flowery, classy, lady-like, bit powdery but not to overwhelming like No.5 and not sticky sweet, as other pink flower fragrances, love the violet and peonies in it, and the first burst of berries is not candy like, almost natural. It is not a recommended scent for young girls. But perfect for seductive woman in the 30s like me. Would definitely repurchase any perfume that my husband love :)

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

6 years ago

A friend gave me this out of the blue. I've always been a ralph lauren perfume user but am officially a convert. I love the look of the bottle and the smell is unbelievable. It seems to be universally pleasing! :) Because I didn't buy it, I only gave it 3 lippies considering I have no idea how much it costs!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24