Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque
Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

3.8

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Propanediol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Corn Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Ceterath-20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oat Kernel Flour, Allantoin.

I have an acne prone forehead because of excess oil only on my forehead. My skin is normal everywhere else. I use this every 3 or 4 days on my forehead. It really sucks the oil out and smooths the texture of my skin. Been using for 2.5 weeks now. My forehead is less bumpy now and it calmed down the acne I already had. Have to be careful not to get it anywhere else on my face though. It dried out my temples after I smeared it on there the first few times. I would say it's only suitable for oily skin or where ever you get oily.

It clears out all the junk in your pores and reduces the production of oil over time. I usually use this before a sheet mask/liquid-type mask, works amazing. Just apply a thin layer, thin enough to even see your skin. I know it’s pretty tempting to apply a thick layer, thinking it’ll work better. But trust me, it works the same. So might as well just go with a thin layer, you’ll save money over time. I think some people are allergic to the ingredients in this product, hence the adverse reaction. I have sensitive skin, prone to redness, but haven’t faced such issues even after using it for a year. You should probably get a sample over the counter first before buying the full size.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a very good clay mask, reliably clearing out pores, speeding up the blemish cycle, and rinsing off rather easily. I would give this 5 stars and definitely purchase again if it were not for the high price and the fact that I much prefer Origins Original Skin Mask (as it hydrates whist clearing pores, and is more sensitive on my sensitive skin). This mask goes on well, but ever so mildly stings my sensitive combo skin for a short period of time. This mask worked even better on my husband’s skin - so much so that his pores were greatly improved after just one use,& he achieved glass skin by the next morning (with using Skinfood toner and emulsion post-mask).

i'm a big fans of Kiehl's product. I've used their calendula facial wash and toner, sunscreen, moisturiser, and now this.. hands down to the BEST CLAY MASK I've ever tried. i've tried several clay mask, like gl*mgl*w and s*ph*ra but they burnt and broke out my skin.. i've oily acne-prone and sensitive skin. after i used this, i do see significant changes that my blackheads are slowly gone and my pores are definitely smaller.

i broke out last week bcs of other skincare. and I follow skincare blogger, Liah Yoo, SOS skincare routine for acne on youtube. she said to use clay mask to remove the acne, and then hydrate with essence toner, sheet mask, and moisturiser. and IT HELPED ME!!

so i will re-purchase this jar once it is empty.. even though it is a bit pricey, i think it is worth it and the jar last quiet long time tho, since i only use it in my problem area, not entire face :)

on 12/26/2017 8:56:00 AM

DON'T BUY THIS! thank god i received a sample pack! IT BURNS MY SKIN! And my skin is not sensitive! Ouch! I need to use my LANEIGE SLEEPING MOISTURISER MASK TO HELP COOL MY SKIN!

on 1/20/2017 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample jar of this product. For a clay cleansing mask, it does a decent job, it's not powerful enough to draw out the blackheads on my nose area, but my face does feel clean and not dried out. It doesn't really help with my acne, but it doesn't cause anymore breakouts. It has a very slight warming sensation, might bother people with sensitive skin but to me I barely feel it. I won't buy the full size because it really isn't anything sensational to me, it's just a good basic clay mask, and there are tons of other options out there at cheaper price.

on 1/11/2017 8:42:00 AM

I was very excited when i bought this mask, but i was disappointed.
For how expensive the mask was there was very little product in it. As soon as I applied the masque my face immediately started burning, i thought that it was part of the mask but after waiting ten minutes as instructed i quickly took it off. Even after the masque was off my face burnt and was raw. It took a week to go away and did not do anything for my skin. Would not recommend.

on 12/5/2016 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have combination to oily skin and this mask fantastically cleans all the pores and leaves a nice softness on the skin. My face looks shine-free but not dull. I think it is the best clay mask I've ever used (PS: I used many drugstore and high end masks produced for oily skin)..
It burns a little bit when you put it to your face. I am not sure if it is a general complain or only me :S but when I washed the mask, there was no problem at all.
I think it is better than the Clinique's mask and the price is less.

on 10/9/2016 2:01:00 AM

I've received some sample packets of this stuff about a month ago and have been using it once a week or so. The texture of the clay mask is light, easy to spread, and it has a slightly cooling sensation on the skin. I must say I like it. It doesn't make my dry, sensitive skin any drier (still need to moisturize after), no irritation from it, and it does make my face feel/look very clean, soft and less porous. It has a lovely brightening effect that is immediately noticeable after I wash off the mask from my face, but this effect wears off after a couple hours. I will enjoy my samples, but I'm not sure I would buy the product. It's good though. I'm just not into masks. When I feel like it, I usually just make my own at home.

on 10/6/2016 11:08:00 PM

I have been a fan of this product for so long. In fact, this is my second full jar that I have purchased. I have a big pores problem on my inner cheeks area, nose as well on the area above my eye brows meanwhile pores on the rest of my face are relatively normal size. After years trying to find the best mud mask to minimize appearance of my pores, I came across this. I have tried the rare earth cleanser and honestly I am not a fan of that. It irritated my skin and causing redness. But this mask is awesome. I have a combination skin but oily on the inner cheeks area. I also have sensitive skin. But despite the sensitive skin this product never irritated me even slightly.

I apply this twice a week. After thoroughly cleanse my face with my choice of cleanser, I apply this on a clean damp skin. Upon applying it you will feel tingling sensation, it is normal as it indicates the product is drawing out any impurities from your pores. The tingling will last about 5 minutes (in my case). I usually wait between 10-15 minutes or until the mask has dried down completely before gently wiping it off with warm clothes or tepid water. I can tell my pores are shrinking. Please note however do not expect like instant result. It has to be continuous usage before you can see the result. It took me 4 applications before I can notice how my pores have shrink. The mask is not only for shrinking pores and drawing out impurities, it also great for controlling your oil production. I have felt how my face is becoming less oily over the weeks. It doesn't leave my skin dry. If you have a very oily skin, this product is safe to use up to thrice a week.