Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque
Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

3.8

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Propanediol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Corn Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Ceterath-20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oat Kernel Flour, Allantoin.

on 12/5/2016 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have combination to oily skin and this mask fantastically cleans all the pores and leaves a nice softness on the skin. My face looks shine-free but not dull. I think it is the best clay mask I've ever used (PS: I used many drugstore and high end masks produced for oily skin)..
It burns a little bit when you put it to your face. I am not sure if it is a general complain or only me :S but when I washed the mask, there was no problem at all.
I think it is better than the Clinique's mask and the price is less.

on 10/9/2016 2:01:00 AM

I've received some sample packets of this stuff about a month ago and have been using it once a week or so. The texture of the clay mask is light, easy to spread, and it has a slightly cooling sensation on the skin. I must say I like it. It doesn't make my dry, sensitive skin any drier (still need to moisturize after), no irritation from it, and it does make my face feel/look very clean, soft and less porous. It has a lovely brightening effect that is immediately noticeable after I wash off the mask from my face, but this effect wears off after a couple hours. I will enjoy my samples, but I'm not sure I would buy the product. It's good though. I'm just not into masks. When I feel like it, I usually just make my own at home.

on 10/6/2016 11:08:00 PM

I have been a fan of this product for so long. In fact, this is my second full jar that I have purchased. I have a big pores problem on my inner cheeks area, nose as well on the area above my eye brows meanwhile pores on the rest of my face are relatively normal size. After years trying to find the best mud mask to minimize appearance of my pores, I came across this. I have tried the rare earth cleanser and honestly I am not a fan of that. It irritated my skin and causing redness. But this mask is awesome. I have a combination skin but oily on the inner cheeks area. I also have sensitive skin. But despite the sensitive skin this product never irritated me even slightly.

I apply this twice a week. After thoroughly cleanse my face with my choice of cleanser, I apply this on a clean damp skin. Upon applying it you will feel tingling sensation, it is normal as it indicates the product is drawing out any impurities from your pores. The tingling will last about 5 minutes (in my case). I usually wait between 10-15 minutes or until the mask has dried down completely before gently wiping it off with warm clothes or tepid water. I can tell my pores are shrinking. Please note however do not expect like instant result. It has to be continuous usage before you can see the result. It took me 4 applications before I can notice how my pores have shrink. The mask is not only for shrinking pores and drawing out impurities, it also great for controlling your oil production. I have felt how my face is becoming less oily over the weeks. It doesn't leave my skin dry. If you have a very oily skin, this product is safe to use up to thrice a week.

on 7/22/2016 11:42:00 AM

I've had this mask for about a month now and I've really enjoyed it. I have both oily and dry skin in certain areas and even though the packaging says "for normal to oily skin types", it doesn't irritate my dry skin or make it worse. A little really does go a long way with this product. I use it once or twice a week and I have barely made a dent. When you first put it on you will feel a tingling or slight stinging sensation. You can really feel the mask working and drawing the toxins out of your pores. I usually leave it on until it stops tingling which is around 10-15 minutes. I can noticeably see smaller pores, especially around my nose. My face also feels smoother and looks less dull after this mask. I then use a spot treatment for my acne, a toner and then a moisturizer to finish. I have tried quite a few masks and this is easily one of my favorites. This product is a staple in my weekly skin care routine.

Texture is quite light for a clay mask, which makes it easy to spread on face.

Mild, didn't cause any breakouts or dry up my skin. Barely any smell which means lesser chemicals, huge jar comes with great volumes. Cooling sensation is relaxing. Does clear up pores to some extent, can be a stable cleansing mask but definitely not a life changing product.

on 2/26/2016 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love!!! My skin looks so good!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product few days ago. I thought this mask would be THE ONE for me as it described everything I wanted to get rid of. Unclogging pores, eliminate debris, purifying skin, and appearance of pores are minimized! I was in doubt when I bought this product and actually wanted a sample of it first, but she didn't really offer one I could try before purchasing the big jar.

The mask stung immediately as I put thin layer on my face. Having just suffered from a reaction of a face cream two months ago, I wasn't going to challenge it again and I went to wash it off with a washcloth. My entire face was red and I take it as a bad sign, since I do not want to stress my skin any more. I think I wore this mask for approx. 2 minutes and when the redness faded I did think my pores on my cheeks looked a little better.

The mask feels just like any clay mask. It doesn't have a significant smell, it reminds me of plastic (not bad) and the texture of the mask is quite nice.

that mask is really expensive for that performance.

on 11/30/2015 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm a huge Kiehl's fan but this product let me down. I was planning to buy this mask but asked for a sample beforehand (thank God I did!).

This mask burnt and after I washed it off, there were red patches on my nose and cheeks which never happened before. It took me a day for the redness to disappear.

The only pro: the consistency. It makes it easy to apply. But why would you even want to apply it at all?

on 11/21/2015 12:59:00 PM

I got this as a sample with one of my purchases.
I tried it once and it burned my skin. It made my skin felt irritated and dry for a whole week before finding my moisture balance back.

Yes it did shrink my pores with one use, but definitely not worth feeling irritated skin for a week.

Wouldn't recommand.