Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque
Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

3.8

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Propanediol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Corn Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Ceterath-20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oat Kernel Flour, Allantoin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a very good clay mask, reliably clearing out pores, speeding up the blemish cycle, and rinsing off rather easily. I would give this 5 stars and definitely purchase again if it were not for the high price and the fact that I much prefer Origins Original Skin Mask (as it hydrates whist clearing pores, and is more sensitive on my sensitive skin). This mask goes on well, but ever so mildly stings my sensitive combo skin for a short period of time. This mask worked even better on my husband’s skin - so much so that his pores were greatly improved after just one use,& he achieved glass skin by the next morning (with using Skinfood toner and emulsion post-mask).

i'm a big fans of Kiehl's product. I've used their calendula facial wash and toner, sunscreen, moisturiser, and now this.. hands down to the BEST CLAY MASK I've ever tried. i've tried several clay mask, like gl*mgl*w and s*ph*ra but they burnt and broke out my skin.. i've oily acne-prone and sensitive skin. after i used this, i do see significant changes that my blackheads are slowly gone and my pores are definitely smaller.

i broke out last week bcs of other skincare. and I follow skincare blogger, Liah Yoo, SOS skincare routine for acne on youtube. she said to use clay mask to remove the acne, and then hydrate with essence toner, sheet mask, and moisturiser. and IT HELPED ME!!

so i will re-purchase this jar once it is empty.. even though it is a bit pricey, i think it is worth it and the jar last quiet long time tho, since i only use it in my problem area, not entire face :)

on 12/26/2017 8:56:00 AM

DON'T BUY THIS! thank god i received a sample pack! IT BURNS MY SKIN! And my skin is not sensitive! Ouch! I need to use my LANEIGE SLEEPING MOISTURISER MASK TO HELP COOL MY SKIN!

on 1/20/2017 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample jar of this product. For a clay cleansing mask, it does a decent job, it's not powerful enough to draw out the blackheads on my nose area, but my face does feel clean and not dried out. It doesn't really help with my acne, but it doesn't cause anymore breakouts. It has a very slight warming sensation, might bother people with sensitive skin but to me I barely feel it. I won't buy the full size because it really isn't anything sensational to me, it's just a good basic clay mask, and there are tons of other options out there at cheaper price.

on 1/11/2017 8:42:00 AM

I was very excited when i bought this mask, but i was disappointed.
For how expensive the mask was there was very little product in it. As soon as I applied the masque my face immediately started burning, i thought that it was part of the mask but after waiting ten minutes as instructed i quickly took it off. Even after the masque was off my face burnt and was raw. It took a week to go away and did not do anything for my skin. Would not recommend.

on 12/5/2016 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have combination to oily skin and this mask fantastically cleans all the pores and leaves a nice softness on the skin. My face looks shine-free but not dull. I think it is the best clay mask I've ever used (PS: I used many drugstore and high end masks produced for oily skin)..
It burns a little bit when you put it to your face. I am not sure if it is a general complain or only me :S but when I washed the mask, there was no problem at all.
I think it is better than the Clinique's mask and the price is less.

on 10/9/2016 2:01:00 AM

I've received some sample packets of this stuff about a month ago and have been using it once a week or so. The texture of the clay mask is light, easy to spread, and it has a slightly cooling sensation on the skin. I must say I like it. It doesn't make my dry, sensitive skin any drier (still need to moisturize after), no irritation from it, and it does make my face feel/look very clean, soft and less porous. It has a lovely brightening effect that is immediately noticeable after I wash off the mask from my face, but this effect wears off after a couple hours. I will enjoy my samples, but I'm not sure I would buy the product. It's good though. I'm just not into masks. When I feel like it, I usually just make my own at home.

on 10/6/2016 11:08:00 PM

I have been a fan of this product for so long. In fact, this is my second full jar that I have purchased. I have a big pores problem on my inner cheeks area, nose as well on the area above my eye brows meanwhile pores on the rest of my face are relatively normal size. After years trying to find the best mud mask to minimize appearance of my pores, I came across this. I have tried the rare earth cleanser and honestly I am not a fan of that. It irritated my skin and causing redness. But this mask is awesome. I have a combination skin but oily on the inner cheeks area. I also have sensitive skin. But despite the sensitive skin this product never irritated me even slightly.

I apply this twice a week. After thoroughly cleanse my face with my choice of cleanser, I apply this on a clean damp skin. Upon applying it you will feel tingling sensation, it is normal as it indicates the product is drawing out any impurities from your pores. The tingling will last about 5 minutes (in my case). I usually wait between 10-15 minutes or until the mask has dried down completely before gently wiping it off with warm clothes or tepid water. I can tell my pores are shrinking. Please note however do not expect like instant result. It has to be continuous usage before you can see the result. It took me 4 applications before I can notice how my pores have shrink. The mask is not only for shrinking pores and drawing out impurities, it also great for controlling your oil production. I have felt how my face is becoming less oily over the weeks. It doesn't leave my skin dry. If you have a very oily skin, this product is safe to use up to thrice a week.

on 7/22/2016 11:42:00 AM

I've had this mask for about a month now and I've really enjoyed it. I have both oily and dry skin in certain areas and even though the packaging says "for normal to oily skin types", it doesn't irritate my dry skin or make it worse. A little really does go a long way with this product. I use it once or twice a week and I have barely made a dent. When you first put it on you will feel a tingling or slight stinging sensation. You can really feel the mask working and drawing the toxins out of your pores. I usually leave it on until it stops tingling which is around 10-15 minutes. I can noticeably see smaller pores, especially around my nose. My face also feels smoother and looks less dull after this mask. I then use a spot treatment for my acne, a toner and then a moisturizer to finish. I have tried quite a few masks and this is easily one of my favorites. This product is a staple in my weekly skin care routine.

Texture is quite light for a clay mask, which makes it easy to spread on face.

Mild, didn't cause any breakouts or dry up my skin. Barely any smell which means lesser chemicals, huge jar comes with great volumes. Cooling sensation is relaxing. Does clear up pores to some extent, can be a stable cleansing mask but definitely not a life changing product.