La Mer The Radiant Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF25

La Mer The Radiant Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF25

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 4.65% INGREDIENTS: ISOCETYL MYRISTATE [] METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] DIISOSTEARYL MALATE [] COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX\CERA CARNAUBA\CIRE DE CARNAUBA [] POLYGLYCERYL-2 OLEATE [] EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX\CANDELILLA CERA\CIRE DE CANDELILLA [] ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE [] POLYETHYLENE [] TOCOPHEROL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) EXTRACT [] GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL [] PHAEODACTYLUM TRICORNOTUM EXTRACT [] SANTALUM ALBUM SEED EXTRACT [] PORIA COCOS SCLEROTIUM EXTRACT [] SODIUM RNA [] TOURMALINE [] DIMETHICONE SILYLATE [] DIMETHICONE [] CALCIUM CARBONATE [] MALACHITE [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER [] BISABOLOL [] PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE [] ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE [] HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL [] TIN OXIDE [] ALUMINA [] SILICA [] [ /- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'll start off by saying that I've used this product for YEARS. Yes, it's horrifically expensive. But as someone who has HORRENDOUS dark circles, nothing, and I mean NOTHING was better. So I was absolutely DEVASTATED to see that they changed this concealer into a stick form. Because after sampling it, I can tell you it is NOT the same formula as this!!!!! The shades are not as good either. I used "medium" in this, because it was a very LIGHT medium. More like a "light." And it had the BEST peachy tone for covering dark circles. I never used the brush to apply, just my finger, but still, the little brushes came in handy for other things! And NOTHING compared to the coverage this gave. They put actual light reflecting gem stones in this, which were reflected in the hefty price tag, but in all honesty, you get what you pay for!!!! And this was truly worth every penny.

So now I will be forced to use something else when the one I have runs out. :( I got a sample size of Bobbi Brown's new concealer for dark circles (in "sand") and I have to say, it comes CLOSE to this, at a FRACTION of the price. It's nearly IDENTICAL in color to this too. The consistency is not as good as La Mer's, but I will have to make due with it now that they've ruined this PERFECT concealer that was a best seller for years! Makes no sense to change it when you think about it, except it's clear they were cheapening down the actual product, all the while keeping the price the same or even RAISING it on the new one! I really wish La Mer would bring this one back because there was nothing like it and I will miss it terribly. :(

This is a very good concealer. The coverage is almost full, without having a heavy texture. It's also a bit illuminating and doesn't emphasize lines. I like the packaging, it has a mirror, so it's something you can put in your pocket and touch up anywhere, but you have to make sure your fingers are clean. My only complaint is regarding the color selection. They only have 3 shades: Light, Medium, Dark. I bought it online and since I'm NC20, I got the 'Medium'. Imagine my surprise when I tried the Medium and it was super, duper light. I can use it on my face blemishes if I blend it well, but under my eyes it only draws attention, rather than hiding the darkness. I bought another one in 'Dark' and it works well, but seriously, Dark =NC20? Come on La Mer, the world is a big place, you're missing 80% of potential customers if you only cater to fair to light skin. How about you go crazy and make something for an NC30? ;-)

on 2/22/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just had to have this concealer. Not sure why, but sure am glad I did!!! This is very similar to Cle de Peau's concealer. Love that too. They really do cover and conceal beautifully. But you have to learn the technique that will work with your skin type. My skin type: 51 yr old. eyes that are never the same two days in a row. I don't use excessive amounts of eye creams in the a.m. before make up. I use an eye serum. Currently using NIOD. Purchase at Deciem.com And I use my Bobbi Brown concealer brush to get product to the under eye area, and with a light hand. A light stroke across the product goes a long way. Then I blend it gently with the Morphe brush E27. If I need a little more, I repeat. Light layers, building gently and lightly!! Also, I don't pick the lightest of shades EVER. To me, there is a super fine line between under eye radiance (reality) and what the hell did you do? I am completely in on my shade decisions at the counter. Next comes the setting part. I use my byTerry Hyluronic powder, light hand! (I pat a tiny amount of this hyluronic powder under my eyes with a pointed foundation brush.) Or I use my Guerlain Meteorite Pearls in Medium to set the concealer. Again, with light hand and the pointed foundation brush. This has all been trail and error with me. I've had to put down the Cle de Peau out of frustration. I hated the byTerry powder. All due to not knowing the correct way to use them. Now I enjoy those very much. Good thing, what an investment! Whewwwww weeee.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Wow, this is fantastic! First time using it I used the included brush and it just made my undereyes SO bright. Second time using I used a RT blending brush very lightly...omg new HG. You only need the smallest amount and it covers beautifully and its brightening. Worth the price.

on 5/2/2016 3:14:00 AM

Honestly, I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer. It's one of those products that conceal beautifully, however it does not stay. At least for me, it just fades quickly.
Then I tried wearing bb cream and the concealer only on my face, worked out pretty well.
My suggestion is - do not use it with too many products. It works well by itself!

on 4/10/2016 4:28:00 AM

This is holy grail.

The best way to use it is with some moisturising eye cream, tap your finger unto it once and spread a light layer where you need it. It is so pigmented and covering that a light layer is all you need. Because you don't need much, it doesn't crease or sit in lines. You've got to use it properly to get the good results and not paste it on! Same with any concealer.

It's creamy and smooth, you don't need to set it with powder because it lasts. It lasts forever because you use barely any of it. I am NC15 MAC and use shade medium. Shade light is very bright and white, I wanted a natural look. I have very black, purple under eyes so the peachy tone in this helps counteract that. I don't even need my bobbi brown corrector in bisque first.

As fir the price £48 to last you months and months is a bargain. Ive used Nars creamy concealer and paid £23 for it to last three months.

on 12/20/2015 6:11:00 PM

In the last few years I've developed crazy dark circles under my eyes, mainly from being on heavy duty meds for RA. I've purchased a zillion concealors in an attempt to cover, but because my skin has also gotten super dried out I haven't been able to find one that covers, doesn't look scaly or crease from my eye cream. This one is it-a tiny bit patted in covers really well, doesn't move around and doesn't give me gator skin. I really like using a Beauty Blender for the final touch. It's expensive, no doubt. But I use such a small amount, and brightened eyes make a huge difference in my appearance.

on 11/21/2015 4:35:00 PM

Best undereye product on the market (beats By Terry, Cle de Peau, Nars, even Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Wand!) It brightens and covers circles the best. You do need to put an extra layer of eye gel or cream on before applying if you have fine lines. And you have to reapply once to twice throughout the day. Completely Worth It.

the good news are, that i didn't pay for it....
my sister gave it to me to check out if it suits me , because she didn't like it AT ALL.

the bad news are, this is propably the worst concealer IN THE WORLD, regarding all the cheapies too...

the color match is a riddle, since i had the "dark 03" and my skin is fair -medium with yellow undertones, and this was not dark at all. it was rather intense, than dark.
it is more of a peachy color that masks quite well some kind of dark circles.

it is definately very pigmented, so maybe that s why lighter colors seemed white to other members.

when i first applied it, other than being very pigmented i felt it satisfing and moisturising.
but....
some hours after, when it was settled and dried i accidentaly looked into a mirror and having forgotten that i put this on earlier, i was horrified that i aged without having noticed it...
every single fine line was SO MUCH prominent, and i don't even have fine lines....
i put it all around the eyes to brighten them.
in the upper lid i was seeing little pumps that weren't even there;;;
the skin was looking aged, dried and thin.

seriously, my eyes are much better than this with no concealer at all, and some moisturiser on...

i will definately NOT PURCHASE EVER, and i am sooooo greatfull to my sister for the swap, because i could accidentaly buy this thing in the future..

note that the try was in hot and humid inviroment. i can' t imagine what would happen in cold..

BIG NO, BIGGER THAN LIFE!!!!!

EDIT: this try was at night under fluorescent light. maybe my skin wasn'i properly moisturised and the product too much.
i tried again in day light, too much light actually and too much hit.
things were enormously impoved. i just put it in a quick sun screen plus powder make up to go out in a hurrry and thought to put this as an around eye sun filter. i had just apply a lot of moisturiser all over and maybe my skin was in a much better condition. i don t know what it was, but no fine-line -highlighting occured. i used less product, very carefully and all went well. the coverage was medium, but i didn't want to risk any mask- effect.
i m adding two lippies and keep watching it..

the absolytely sure thing is that these colors are definately extremely light.
i used dark 03 in broad sunlight without being tanned and was just my shade. not at all darker. and i m just fair -medium, about nc20.
can't imagine what a medium or darker, should do...

My all-time favorite concealer. While it seems like a huge price to pay, you get a ton of product - 3.5g for US$70. The only bummer is its shade range, only three shades are available.

I take the lightest shade 01 and it's incredibly pigmented, meaning you only need a tiny bit to conceal and dark circles / blemishes. I find some concealers (hello, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage) can be too hard and drying on the undereye area while others like the Bobbi Brown ones can be overly creamy, resulting in it creasing and accentuating fine lines.

The La Mer concealer combines the best of both worlds - high pigment for concealing the angriest of zits and just the right amount of slip for the undereye area. Before I discovered this HG concealer, I used to carry two concealers when traveling - one for the undereye and the other for blemishes. Not anymore.

The shade 01 light is fairly neutral with a slight yellow undertone, and what I do is swipe the surface of the concealer with the concealer brush (comes with the product) and apply lightly to the inner corners of my eyes. I then use my ring finger to blend that little stripe of concealer out. A little goes a very long way with this, and I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge, despite its high price tag.

I've been using my pot for over three years now and it's still going strong. Of course, I never double dip and do my best to keep my pot as clean as possible by spritzing rubbing alcohol and wiping off a thin layer every two months. We can't get hold of La Mer's makeup range here in Malaysia, so I'll have to look into getting it online when this finally runs out.