Dr. Brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Dr. Brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner

2.7

WATER (AQUA), SILICA, BENZYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ALCOHOL DENAT., XANTHAN GUM, METHYL LACTATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PPG-26 BUTETH-26, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, DISODIUM EDTA, SALICYLIC ACID, ROSA MULTIFLORA FRUIT EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE, PEG-23 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE

on 9/28/2015 5:38:00 AM

Doesn't get ride of my blackheads + it is expensive.

"What it is: An effective blackhead and oil extractor."
Did it work for me? That's a definite no.

I received a sample of this and used it on one side of my nose for 2-3 times a week (as per the instructions) for an entire month. My nose is covered in blackheads and I saw absolutely zero difference in my blackheads by the end of the month.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty pricey, but I'd day you're getting what you pay for. I think the negative reviews stem from assuming this stuff gets rid of embedded blackheads, and that it does not. Those blackheads will need to be extracted. What this stuff seems to do is get rid of the really shallow blackheads before they become more of a problem. Kind of like the ones you can see that you could probably remove by scraping a fingernail across them (which isn't a good idea). It also tightens pores to reduce new blackheads from forming. I use it once or twice a week to keep those blackheads in check. It does what it says it does.

Scooped this up as a sample in a recent Ulta haul, and I was pretty hesitant to try it since reading the reviews made me feel meh about it. But it is pretty good!!! I feel it it reduces my redness and my uneven complexion as well as remove some but not all blackheads. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and clear (temporarily), HOW I LOVE THAT FEELING.
all in all it's a good product, and does most of what it claims to do.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have combination skin, an oily t-zone and am prone to blackheads on my nose. I purchased this product hoping it would start to clear up my blackheads. Unfortunately it didn't help much. I did notice that it cleared up some blackheads, but it didn't do much overall after a couple weeks of use, and I used the product 3 times a week. I got a sample of Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque and in one use my nose was visibly clearer. It was able to get out the tough blackhead that Dr. Brandt Vacuum couldn't. Needless to say, I returned Dr. Brandt Vacuum Cleaner and purchased a full size of Kiehl's masque. But just to let you know about the Vacuum Cleaner: it comes in a blue squeeze tube, and for the amount that I was using on my nose three times a week, I would say there was a fair amount of product but not for the price. The solution comes out white and turns blue once you've applied. There is a tingling sensation when you apply it, but nothing painful. It does remove maybe less stubborn blackheads, but it doesn't do much for improving the texture or size of the pore. And in comparison to the Kiehl's masque, Kiehl's did minimize the look of pores after a few uses.

While I've only used it a few times, I really like it.

I have sensitive-combination skin, and when I heard how heavy duty this way supposed to me, I got a bit nervous. I have a small sample bottle right now.

I use it after cleansing my face with PTR's Gentle Foaming Cleanser. After 7 or so minutes, I washed it with warm water and, I kid you not, DIRT and BLACKHEADS came off on the washcloth. It leaves me red for only a few minutes, but the blackheads on my nose and cheeks are literally 50% gone. I love this.

Yes, I agree it is a bit pricey, but if I keep getting these results...well. I really won't care~!

on 10/16/2011 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The sales associate at Sephora told me this was awesome for removing blackheads. He made it seem like your blackheads would be removed once you rinsed this product off. This didn't happen. It worked better on my chin than on my nose. It didn't seem to get rid of any on my nose.

Another problem I have is the pump stopped working. Not really sure what's causing this since I tried rinsing the pump and nothing seems to be stuck/dried in the nozzle. I can't seem to fix it. Anyone else have this problem?

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this for my nose blackheads. I use it while having a bath the recommended 10mins or so.. and then follow with a nose strip and it works great!! I have to agree it doesnt work the miracles it claims.. and ive tried it on its own, and its only so so... but this combination (bath steam+product+nose strip) has worked wonders for me! Try out a sample!

on 11/7/2010 2:07:00 AM

I was given really good reviews on this product and seeing that pores are a really big sore point about my face, I dove head in without even bothering to ask for a sample. I guess that was a very big mistake

Whilst this product isn't bad per se (I haven't noticed any breakouts or discomfort that I can directly attribute to this product), it's probably not the best either. I just haven't noticed any results! It's actually really frustration because they have those before an after photos on the packaging and it really sucked me in!

I'm not sure if it's my pores in general (they've really been uncooperative for my whole life), but for me this isn't great.

I'll return to this review if I notice any changes in the future. (Maybe I should do comparison photos myself.... )

There are countless products on the market, don't bother with this one! It does absolutely nothing for clogged pores. Buy pore strips, they work a million times better. This was sadly a massive waste of money.