Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more vacuum cleaner

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more vacuum cleaner

3.0

WATER (AQUA), SILICA, BENZYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ALCOHOL DENAT., XANTHAN GUM, METHYL LACTATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PPG-26 BUTETH-26, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, DISODIUM EDTA, SALICYLIC ACID, ROSA MULTIFLORA FRUIT EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE, PEG-23 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE

on 1/28/2010 5:52:00 PM

I have this annoying little family of 6 clogged pores living on the left side of my cheek. I've tried to evict them several times in non-abbrasive ways like spot tx's, cleansers and serums. I've tried harsh ways like scrubbing and picking at them. Still, they don't get the message that my left cheek isn't a free home! I've been eyeing this product for months and checking the reviews and decided to give this a whirl. The product instructions said to leave it on the skin for say 10 minutes, rinse off w/ warm water and use 2-3x/week. Well, I following the instructions and saw no results. I then bumped up the time to 1/2 hour and used it every day, twice a day and still no signs of those free-loaders leaving my cheek. I'm done messing around w/ this product! I have large pores and they didn't seem to get any smaller w/ this product. I gave it 2 lippies because it does leave my skin very soft and I love the smell of this.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have combination skin, an oily t-zone and am prone to blackheads on my nose. I purchased this product hoping it would start to clear up my blackheads. Unfortunately it didn't help much. I did notice that it cleared up some blackheads, but it didn't do much overall after a couple weeks of use, and I used the product 3 times a week. I got a sample of Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque and in one use my nose was visibly clearer. It was able to get out the tough blackhead that Dr. Brandt Vacuum couldn't. Needless to say, I returned Dr. Brandt Vacuum Cleaner and purchased a full size of Kiehl's masque. But just to let you know about the Vacuum Cleaner: it comes in a blue squeeze tube, and for the amount that I was using on my nose three times a week, I would say there was a fair amount of product but not for the price. The solution comes out white and turns blue once you've applied. There is a tingling sensation when you apply it, but nothing painful. It does remove maybe less stubborn blackheads, but it doesn't do much for improving the texture or size of the pore. And in comparison to the Kiehl's masque, Kiehl's did minimize the look of pores after a few uses.

This provides a beautiful finished look to my skin after letting it sit for 15 minutes. It doesn't suck anything out of my pores. (And I didn't expect that it would despite the claims, sadly, we have the laws of physics with which to deal.) But, it does make extractions easier, either manually or if followed with pore strips. (I use Biore.) It seems to leave my skin more balanced than other masks and I don't feel like it's too much to be part of a two or three step process if the mood strikes. (Unlike, say QHMJ, after that I am red and can't do anything else.) I like the smell and feel of this product. As someone else noted the product does tend to form a little plug which is annoying and wastes product, still I prefer the pump to a jar.
The container is small and I go through this quite quickly. I don't know if this provides any real lasting effect but I am pleased with the immediate result and when I roll up my sleeves and follow up with more treatments it pays off.

On it's own probably three lippies, but I bumped it up to four because of the synergistic effect it plays with the rest of my routine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty pricey, but I'd day you're getting what you pay for. I think the negative reviews stem from assuming this stuff gets rid of embedded blackheads, and that it does not. Those blackheads will need to be extracted. What this stuff seems to do is get rid of the really shallow blackheads before they become more of a problem. Kind of like the ones you can see that you could probably remove by scraping a fingernail across them (which isn't a good idea). It also tightens pores to reduce new blackheads from forming. I use it once or twice a week to keep those blackheads in check. It does what it says it does.

on 12/19/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was pushed by a sales lady to purchase this product, and I did since she promised me it would remove blackheads on my nose.
I have been using this product twice a week for 6 weeks, and not only did it not take any blackheads out, it added some more. It seems as if it vacuums the blackheads to the surface of your skin, but then does not extract them?
I only had a few black dots on the sides of my nose, and now I noticed I started having some on the top as well.
So, after stupidly wasting 50 CAD on this pretty blue pump, I will never again purchase this, or any other Dr. Brandt product.
By the way, I researched this brand, and it is not dermatological, which means the "doctor" part in the name is pure marketing.
Don't waste your money.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Being 48 and having had blackhead for all but 11 of those years, I know that there's no magic product out there to get them to go away and not come back. My pores are stretched, I don't expect to ever see them small, but I would like those blackheads to go away. I started this treatment with a chin full of them, with extraction the only way to see them gone. Well, I have to say I'm very pleased with this product. There's a noticeable difference in my chin nose and cheeks, they definitely look better. I use this 4 or 5 times a week (not drying for me, not when you're starting with oily skin) and I see results. I'll pay this, because I really see it work.

on 11/9/2009 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product claims to extract oil and blackheads, but it's more of a basic salicylic/glycolic acid mask than anything else. It dries quickly and has cooling ingredients that make it refreshing, but it's unlikely that it will be able to suck anything out of your pores.

on 5/28/2014 3:04:00 PM

This did not do anything for me :(

The thing that has solved my blackheads has been a proper cleansing routine and the introduction of a gel exfoliant after cleansing. Caroline Hirons explains how to cleanse on her blog- really recommend it.

on 2/21/2011 12:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Another great Dr. Brandt product. Although it may not be strong enough for younger, acne-prone skin, it works well on my middle-aged combination/oily skin. I only use it on my nose and forehead and allow it to dry a good 15 minutes before rinsing it off. It isn't overly drying and does not cause flaking. It removes blackheads over time if you continue to use it 3 or 4 times a week. The pore strips that every one is raving about below are way too strong for mature skin and can actually cause broken capillaries if used repeatedly.

There are countless products on the market, don't bother with this one! It does absolutely nothing for clogged pores. Buy pore strips, they work a million times better. This was sadly a massive waste of money.