Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more vacuum cleaner

Filtered by age: 30-35
Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more vacuum cleaner

3.0

WATER (AQUA), SILICA, BENZYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ALCOHOL DENAT., XANTHAN GUM, METHYL LACTATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PPG-26 BUTETH-26, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, DISODIUM EDTA, SALICYLIC ACID, ROSA MULTIFLORA FRUIT EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE, PEG-23 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE

"What it is: An effective blackhead and oil extractor."
Did it work for me? That's a definite no.

I received a sample of this and used it on one side of my nose for 2-3 times a week (as per the instructions) for an entire month. My nose is covered in blackheads and I saw absolutely zero difference in my blackheads by the end of the month.

I thought this was genius, really worked on me, not clearing pores entirely but certainly minimising them.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have combination skin, an oily t-zone and am prone to blackheads on my nose. I purchased this product hoping it would start to clear up my blackheads. Unfortunately it didn't help much. I did notice that it cleared up some blackheads, but it didn't do much overall after a couple weeks of use, and I used the product 3 times a week. I got a sample of Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque and in one use my nose was visibly clearer. It was able to get out the tough blackhead that Dr. Brandt Vacuum couldn't. Needless to say, I returned Dr. Brandt Vacuum Cleaner and purchased a full size of Kiehl's masque. But just to let you know about the Vacuum Cleaner: it comes in a blue squeeze tube, and for the amount that I was using on my nose three times a week, I would say there was a fair amount of product but not for the price. The solution comes out white and turns blue once you've applied. There is a tingling sensation when you apply it, but nothing painful. It does remove maybe less stubborn blackheads, but it doesn't do much for improving the texture or size of the pore. And in comparison to the Kiehl's masque, Kiehl's did minimize the look of pores after a few uses.

on 4/13/2012 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if this has been reformulated but it is now in a dark blue tube rather than the pump. I was surprised to see the bad reviews I have had this for a week and my stubborn nose blackheads are 10000% improved. For the ones that it didn't clear out it was certainly easier to manually extract!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this product! It is a great addition to an at home facial. It really helps unclog pores!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love some of Dr. Brandt's products, but this did not help the stubborn blackheads on my nose. My skin felt tingly and refreshed -- I just wish it had loosened more of the clogged pores in my T-zone.

There are countless products on the market, don't bother with this one! It does absolutely nothing for clogged pores. Buy pore strips, they work a million times better. This was sadly a massive waste of money.

on 1/28/2010 5:52:00 PM

I have this annoying little family of 6 clogged pores living on the left side of my cheek. I've tried to evict them several times in non-abbrasive ways like spot tx's, cleansers and serums. I've tried harsh ways like scrubbing and picking at them. Still, they don't get the message that my left cheek isn't a free home! I've been eyeing this product for months and checking the reviews and decided to give this a whirl. The product instructions said to leave it on the skin for say 10 minutes, rinse off w/ warm water and use 2-3x/week. Well, I following the instructions and saw no results. I then bumped up the time to 1/2 hour and used it every day, twice a day and still no signs of those free-loaders leaving my cheek. I'm done messing around w/ this product! I have large pores and they didn't seem to get any smaller w/ this product. I gave it 2 lippies because it does leave my skin very soft and I love the smell of this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Feels cool and nice to the skin. Easy to rinse off too.
Have only tried it a few times and seems that the skin is brightened up and smooth. (But then again, most mask or equivalent products tend to temporarily perk up the skin immediately after use.) I will probably use it for a bit longer to see any obvious results.
This is a bit pricey though.

on 12/2/2009 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the only product that has worked on reducing my blackheads. I noticed results after the third use. If used more than three times/week it can be drying to the skin. It was expensive but a little goes a long way.