Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.8

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got this as a sample from a friend. I was not sure I wanted to try it because if I feel in love Im not sure I would want to spend the money on the full size product.

I thought the sample would only give me one or two nights of trying it but Ive used it three times already and have plenty of it left. I think a little goes a long way.

I wasnt sure about the hype surrounding this product but I have got to say that i actually love it. I don't get the "seeing results in 3 hours" part as when its on my skin it seems to actually be drying my skin out more. I can notice dehydration lines when its on.

However the next day after I rinse it off and apply my normal skincare routine my skin looks AMAZING! My fine lines around the mouth and forehead are practically non existent. Skin looks smoother and more radiant. My skin has a perfect, flawless look and a healthy glow.

I still have some of my sample left and I think I might actually want to buy this or at least find a good dupe.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently tried the Sunday Riley Good Genes and I experienced a permanent reaction! I applied the Good Genes as recommended on my face and blended it to my neck; immediately my neck was burning; I proceeded to wash off my neck and went to bed. The next morning, I was shocked to see that my neck was all red and dry which felt like sand paper. I moisturized and applied Aloe Vera for the burn. The burning sensation stopped within a few days but my bigger problem was the permanent reaction....my neck remained all wrinkled and extremely dry. Please be careful if considering using this product because instead of giving you beautiful skin it might age the look of your skin (neck) by 20 years!!!

on 1/3/2018 11:24:00 AM

I don't write many reviews even though I should. That said, I have to report that Sunday Riley Good Genes is the real deal. I used it for the first time yesterday morning. I used it after my CE + Ferulic Acid serum and before my sunscreen. I have these ugly little bags under each corner of my mouth (sort of like bags under the eyes) and I hate the way they look. Getting old is awesome :(
Anyway, I have gotten filler for these for a few years now, but the cost of that is becoming prohibitive. I got a sample of GG from Sephora and when I read that it plumps up the skin, I had to try it. To my amazement, those little bags were GONE within 2 minutes of applying the GG. Even better - it lasted all day. I am always stunned when a skincare product does what it claims to do. I don't know about the long term effects yet, but the immediate plumping and brightening it gives my skin is worth it. Two people complimented me on my skin yesterday, too! Naturally I ran to Sephora and bought a bottle.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I couldn't work why I couldn't get any product out of this do opened the bottle to find a TUBE inside that the pump was connected to.

Not going to buy again. What a rip off.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do not understand how this product works or if it, alone, is responsible for the change in my skin over the past month, but so far so good.

Yes, it smells, but that sour-like odor fades within five minutes. It hasn't faded any of the dark freckles (sun spots?) that I have on the high points of my face and my décolletage and I haven't noticed my pores getting any smaller, but **my overall skin tone seems more even and my whole face and neck looks as though I'm wearing some kind of primer or tinted moisturizer.** I've received more compliments on my skin in the past two weeks than I think I have in my entire life.

I've given this only four lippies because of its exorbitant price and the over-the-top and wasteful packaging.

on 5/26/2017 10:14:00 PM

I'm so glad I only had a sample pack of this. I've heard incredible things of what it does to your skin. I just couldn't get past the smell. It was that bad! I will stick to my lactic acid from the ordinary which may be milder but works well too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I rarely re-purchase pricy skin care products. My skin is so sensitive, oily, and acne prone. I just purchased a second bottle of this liquid magic. My skin looks so much better and hasn't been breaking out. My skin purged during the first week but cleared after that. This stuff is totally worth the cost. I love the lemongrass scent. It's lovely!

on 11/17/2016 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought a very small sample size on ebay (for $30!) to see what all the fuss is about. It was pretty great - no irritation to my sensitive, middle-aged but still acne-prone skin, and definite brightening and smoothing. However: the price! I just can't do it. If I had more disposable income I'd splurge but there's no way for me to justify it. It's such a hot commodity you can't get it for a bargain on ebay, either.

on 11/17/2016 4:00:00 PM

Did absolutely nothing for me. Total waste of money.

on 8/9/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

About me - sensitive skin prone to hormonal break outs, hyper-pigmentation, and black heads/enlarged pores around my t-zone. When I say sensitive, I mean it. The hyper-pigmentation is a big thing for me and it doesn't take much for my skin to turn 50 shades of red.

Details - as mentioned, the product comes in fairly nice packaging. In my experience, this is the nicest part about the product. It is a pump which means it is more hygienic and I feel it helps to lengthen the life span of the product. It is lactic acid which means it smells kind of like rancid milk mixed with lemon. A lot of other users said it smelled like lemon, well, I in no way have a sensitive nose and am telling you it doesn't smell like lemon only - it definitely has some other scent tones to it and they aren't very pleasant. Because of the scent I only used this product at night before bed.

Experience - now, I am going to start with the fact that initially, this product blew me away. The first time I used it, I applied it as a moisturizer and guffawed as my redness completely dissipated. Not to mention little blemishes and pores. I remember staring at myself and thinking 'so this is what model fresh skin looks/feels like!' I was in love. Really. I could get over the smell that reminded me of my 4th grade field trip (don't ask) and I could get over the slight sting to the formula, I could get over anything with my skin looking so good. THEN tragedy struck. I don't know what happened. I went through a bit of the bottle and I started seeing these huge cystic pimples start to take over my face. I mean massive - to an alarming extent. I wouldn't believe - couldn't believe that my beloved good genes was doing this to my skin. It had worked so beautifully before, no way could it be harming my skin! But the cystic pimples started getting worse and worse. Finally, after the bottle was almost empty, I took a break from Good Genes.

Well, that was it. Within a few days of stopping good genes my pimples started to clear up. Although the hyper-pigmentation was back the pimples had diffused and no longer did it look like I was sporting bug bites on my face. I am not going to lie, I was pretty devastated. My good friend was in love with the stuff and it worked great for her too, however, she too saw her pimples turning into cystic mountains and now only uses it around certain times of the month. She still swears by it - but as a mask that she doesn't use too frequently. So that's that, two people with different skin types both experiencing painful and irritating cystic pimples due to the use of this shtuff.

Price - it isn't the worst but it certainly doesn't make sense to me. With my experience I certainly won't purchase again. But as other users have said, there are cheaper versions of this stuff out there. Take a trip to your local Korean beauty store/website and you will find some pretty comparable dupes. Just saying.

Overall, not impressed with this product in the long-run.