Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Sunday Riley Good Genes

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 11/28/2018 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have only purchased the trial size of Good Genes; I gave it a try and realized I did not need the larger bottle. Have found it extremely effective on totm large under the skin pimples; much better than Kate Somerville Eradikate. It softens skin overall but I haven’t seen any improvement on older post breakout hyperpigmentation, which was my primary reason for buying it. No difference on blackheads or pores.
Because it is so good on monthly breakouts, I always keep a small bottle with me. The smell is a bit off putting but I have somehow gotten over it since I use it sparingly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very good all in one serum - for exfoliation, brightening and hydrating. I do really see the radiance in my skin after using it. It smells really strong and i believe it has really strong components inside, sometimes my face stings lil bit using it. But it doesnt bother me. Does not irritate my skin. I'm not too sure about any skin plumping effects tho. After using it sometimes i can also rub some dead skin cells off my face because of the lactic acid. It's expensive, but a real treat for the skin and i will repurchAse it from time to time. One bad thing is the last few drops are so difficult ro get out of the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It’s refinished my skin completely. I use it morning and night, every day. It never breaks me out, and it brings deep hydration into the skin. The texture I started getting after 10 years of smoking (stupid, I know) around my nose has improved dramatically- I thought I was going to have to get fillers. When you think about GG versus THAT kind of money, it’s an investment. I love it and I will continue to make sure I always have it in my arsenal. Lots of people will spend that kind of money on an outfit or a pair of shoes without batting an eyelash- this is your face, people.

on 12/10/2017 10:11:00 AM

I bought it after looking at Stephanie Nicole's video comparing this to a drunk elephant serum. I don't follow a skin care routine as regimented as hers nor do I use as many products as Caroline Hirons suggests you use. But, I like their overall skin care advice.

My current skin care routine and skin care advice I have followed is below:
I had bad acne and bad scarring 3 years back. Acne was not debilitating but a handful in cheeks every month. I was following no-foam policy of CH back then. But now and ever since I began to have good skin (ie only acne free) - 3 yrs of no acne breakouts - I've been using a cheap Dove cleanser + minimal products. It is foaming but not drying. I used another Clarins foam cleanser and I began breaking out again. So a non-stripping cleanser has been my biggest game changer when it came to stopping acne. Good genes did not help stop acne so want to mention that. I love Dove and Ceramic Slip by Sunday Riley. Ceramic Slip is better but expensive. With my current cleansing routine, I use bioderma followed by coconut oil or any cleansing oil for face and follow with Dove face wash. I use hot wash cloth in combination with oil cleansing and do this only when I use makeup.
I stopped having acne after this routine but still had a lot of purple brown hyper pigmentation, texture, dry cheeks, dull skin and I never thought I'd have good skin again especially never thought I'll be able to fade hyperpigmentaion and blemishes. I wanted to tell this because I started good genes when I had no active acne but had the concerns I noted above plus blackheads and skin congestion/whiteheads on my cheeks.

My skin got better dramatically with good genes. I've used dove cleanser + tidal as moisturizer + good genes + nuxe eye cream for over 10 months now and with only these my skin got dramatically better.

How I came to buy this: After much Caroline Hirons reading, I concluded I had to get an acid exfoliation and retinol in my routine. I bought Paula's Choice BHA 5%. It peeled me and caused excessive redness and flaking and dry parched skin near nose. I binned it after 3 months of use. Then I bought Good Genes. This one is aha/lactic acid. This product is nothing short of brilliant. My scars are still there but look smoothed out. All my hyper pigmentation and redness near nose is gone after I've gone through one bottle of this. All my other concerns noted also improved a lot. I used this up in 10 months as I did 1x, 2 days a week for first few months and 1x daily for the last 4 months. I used it sparingly and only intermittently the first few months. I believe my next bottle will be over much sooner. This product is incredible and it works fast. The skin looks plump and supple the next morning after application. It does not absorb fully and looks shiny/sticky on top of skin after application. But it works, nevertheless. I will buy this one as long as they sell one.

Order at night :
Wash face with Dove. Do bioderma + oil cleansing if I used makeup. Still follow up with dove.
Good genes + eye cream

Pros:
- hyper pigmentation and redness gone w/one bottle usage over 10 months. I had a few stubborn purple brown pigmentation spots and two three blackheads a month on cheeks before using this. Redness around nose is gone. I'm extremely happy with my skin now.
- blackheads on cheeks almost stopped. On my nose I still get a few tiny ones but major ones no longer appear.
- no peeling or flaking or dryness. Easy to slap on and go during night. No frills. I never used a moisturizer with this one every single day I used. I never got a drying feeling from this. Rather I had supple skin next morning.
- improves texture to an extent and cheeks feel less congested - lesser whiteheads or bumps. I've not had whiteheads or any kind of bumps for as long as I've used this.

Cons:
- very very expensive

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, i have a sensitive skin so, when i used this after 2 days it made patches of dry and irritated skin. But then idiscovered that i need to not use it everyday and let my skin get accustommed!! And it did! My face looks whiter and i got complements from my coworkers. Also, ive been hearing that its too small but 1 bottle can last me 2 months half. And thats 2x a day. So for for me its worth it!

on 5/9/2017 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Pros: Its a gentle exfoliant that does it job well. "Gentle" being the key word. Don't expect a miracle overnight. After a week of using it, I could see my skin getting clearer. I suppose it is a good product for someone with sensitive skin that can't tolerate more aggressive exfoliation treatment.

Cons:
a. Too pricey. I purchased the Drunk Elephant Baby Facial which worked as a mask and did the same job within 30 mins, that this Good Genes took in 1-2 weeks. Plus the fact that when I am using the Good Genes, I couldn't apply anything else fancy like my repair serums before going to bed.
b. It stinks like the rehydrated bamboo shoots you get in the ramen. Or otherwise described as a strong "pee" smell. It lasts through the night. So if this is not a problem for you, go for it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I always have problems with acne and acne scars..it comes and go, but these last few months have been hell! My skin have never broke out this bad before! I have uncountable scars and when one pimple dries out, another came out! I tried so many acne treatment from so many brands with no apparent improvement. I've been intrigued by a lot of rave review on this product, but the price really puts me off. But im really desperate on finding something that works on my skin, so i took the plunge and i couldnt be happier! Within the first week of using, most of the old pimple dries out and there havent been any new ones since! The old scars seem to fade and my face looks brighter. I do use this in conjunction with martian toner! Love that one also! Really recommend this product!

on 3/9/2017 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've used this straight for two months every night
and have seen NO results. I am currently trying out lactic acid by the Ordinary. Will update this product.

Sunday Riley good genes is an AHA exfoliant containing lactic acid . I see a drastic improvement in my acne prone skin . Was bit skeptical to try this product bcoz I tend to easily breakout with many product. Read a lots of reviews from various blogs and sites and decided to give it a shot. Well I am happy that I went ahead with it . I use it only at night times and I wake up to a glowy skin in the mornings , acne has reduced and the existing acne scars are fading . While using an AHA exfoliant u should always wear a sunscreen in the mornings which I follow. This is a definitely a keeper .

on 8/4/2016 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product because I love to exfoliate and have understood that lactic acid, unlike glycolic acid, is more gentle and has more sustainable results long-term. I also wanted to address dullness, hyper pigmentation, texture, and fine wrinkles that are rather easy to soften with good quality products. I was sorely disappointed. I used an entire bottle of this and after seeing almost no results I have come to the conclusion that something in the ingredients is making this product ineffective OR it is simply not strong enough for my resistant, light olive skin type. Apparently it has a low ph but I saw virtually no reduction in any of my concerns. This is also marketed as a 40% concentration which is laughable seeing at how a basic lactic acid peel from almost any vendor gives MUCH more drastic results. And you can get those for under 20$ from vendors like MUAC. The serum itself is also annoying because there is no way to comfortably wear it with other skincare products. It's very tacky & very lemony (and as research points out, irritating) I went through this quickly. The only pros are that you can use this as a 10-20 minute mask and the packaging is rather beautiful (although mine shattered because it's glass)