Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.8

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got this as a sample from a friend. I was not sure I wanted to try it because if I feel in love Im not sure I would want to spend the money on the full size product.

I thought the sample would only give me one or two nights of trying it but Ive used it three times already and have plenty of it left. I think a little goes a long way.

I wasnt sure about the hype surrounding this product but I have got to say that i actually love it. I don't get the "seeing results in 3 hours" part as when its on my skin it seems to actually be drying my skin out more. I can notice dehydration lines when its on.

However the next day after I rinse it off and apply my normal skincare routine my skin looks AMAZING! My fine lines around the mouth and forehead are practically non existent. Skin looks smoother and more radiant. My skin has a perfect, flawless look and a healthy glow.

I still have some of my sample left and I think I might actually want to buy this or at least find a good dupe.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently tried the Sunday Riley Good Genes and I experienced a permanent reaction! I applied the Good Genes as recommended on my face and blended it to my neck; immediately my neck was burning; I proceeded to wash off my neck and went to bed. The next morning, I was shocked to see that my neck was all red and dry which felt like sand paper. I moisturized and applied Aloe Vera for the burn. The burning sensation stopped within a few days but my bigger problem was the permanent reaction....my neck remained all wrinkled and extremely dry. Please be careful if considering using this product because instead of giving you beautiful skin it might age the look of your skin (neck) by 20 years!!!

on 2/22/2018 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This product is ok but what I really want to say is the moderators on this website are ok with blatant racism on the boards and refuse to remove trolls who abuse the flagging option.

on 2/5/2018 9:22:00 AM

I love this product! I have used it for many years. It is one of the best lactic acid treatments out there. While using this product every other night I notice several improvements to my skin. It gives my skin a nice glow, lines and wrinkles look less noticeable. I also notice a reduction in dark spots from acne. The packaging is great and keeps ingredients fresh with the easy to use pump. I can't say enough good things about good genes. It really is a must have product.

I would like to state that I only review a product after I have finished the entire full size. If I was not able to finish the product due to irritation, I will say so in my review.

on 12/10/2017 10:11:00 AM

I bought it after looking at Stephanie Nicole's video comparing this to a drunk elephant serum. I don't follow a skin care routine as regimented as hers nor do I use as many products as Caroline Hirons suggests you use. But, I like their overall skin care advice.

My current skin care routine and skin care advice I have followed is below:
I had bad acne and bad scarring 3 years back. Acne was not debilitating but a handful in cheeks every month. I was following no-foam policy of CH back then. But now and ever since I began to have good skin (ie only acne free) - 3 yrs of no acne breakouts - I've been using a cheap Dove cleanser + minimal products. It is foaming but not drying. I used another Clarins foam cleanser and I began breaking out again. So a non-stripping cleanser has been my biggest game changer when it came to stopping acne. Good genes did not help stop acne so want to mention that. I love Dove and Ceramic Slip by Sunday Riley. Ceramic Slip is better but expensive. With my current cleansing routine, I use bioderma followed by coconut oil or any cleansing oil for face and follow with Dove face wash. I use hot wash cloth in combination with oil cleansing and do this only when I use makeup.
I stopped having acne after this routine but still had a lot of purple brown hyper pigmentation, texture, dry cheeks, dull skin and I never thought I'd have good skin again especially never thought I'll be able to fade hyperpigmentaion and blemishes. I wanted to tell this because I started good genes when I had no active acne but had the concerns I noted above plus blackheads and skin congestion/whiteheads on my cheeks.

My skin got better dramatically with good genes. I've used dove cleanser + tidal as moisturizer + good genes + nuxe eye cream for over 10 months now and with only these my skin got dramatically better.

How I came to buy this: After much Caroline Hirons reading, I concluded I had to get an acid exfoliation and retinol in my routine. I bought Paula's Choice BHA 5%. It peeled me and caused excessive redness and flaking and dry parched skin near nose. I binned it after 3 months of use. Then I bought Good Genes. This one is aha/lactic acid. This product is nothing short of brilliant. My scars are still there but look smoothed out. All my hyper pigmentation and redness near nose is gone after I've gone through one bottle of this. All my other concerns noted also improved a lot. I used this up in 10 months as I did 1x, 2 days a week for first few months and 1x daily for the last 4 months. I used it sparingly and only intermittently the first few months. I believe my next bottle will be over much sooner. This product is incredible and it works fast. The skin looks plump and supple the next morning after application. It does not absorb fully and looks shiny/sticky on top of skin after application. But it works, nevertheless. I will buy this one as long as they sell one.

Order at night :
Wash face with Dove. Do bioderma + oil cleansing if I used makeup. Still follow up with dove.
Good genes + eye cream

Pros:
- hyper pigmentation and redness gone w/one bottle usage over 10 months. I had a few stubborn purple brown pigmentation spots and two three blackheads a month on cheeks before using this. Redness around nose is gone. I'm extremely happy with my skin now.
- blackheads on cheeks almost stopped. On my nose I still get a few tiny ones but major ones no longer appear.
- no peeling or flaking or dryness. Easy to slap on and go during night. No frills. I never used a moisturizer with this one every single day I used. I never got a drying feeling from this. Rather I had supple skin next morning.
- improves texture to an extent and cheeks feel less congested - lesser whiteheads or bumps. I've not had whiteheads or any kind of bumps for as long as I've used this.

Cons:
- very very expensive

on 8/16/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this as part of the "Power Couple Duo" value set at Sephora, which included a small bottle of Good Genes and the Luna oil. I liked the combination, which made my dry skin very soft and moisturized. I could feel Good Genes "working" the first few times I applied it (slight tingling sensation) but I didn't notice any real difference in the clarity or tone of my skin. I was also frustrated by the difference in the amount of each product you get in the value set, as I ran out of Good Genes waaaay before I ran out of Luna. Overall, I think lactic acid is an amazing chemical exfoliant, but you can probably find an equally good lactic acid product for less money elsewhere.

Using this with the Luna Sleeping Night oil, it's been a few days but so far it has made my skin so soft and clear. Any breakout I had or could feel coming would be gone by the morning. My pores also seem to look smaller. Will give a proper update in a few weeks, but so far so good!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I always have problems with acne and acne scars..it comes and go, but these last few months have been hell! My skin have never broke out this bad before! I have uncountable scars and when one pimple dries out, another came out! I tried so many acne treatment from so many brands with no apparent improvement. I've been intrigued by a lot of rave review on this product, but the price really puts me off. But im really desperate on finding something that works on my skin, so i took the plunge and i couldnt be happier! Within the first week of using, most of the old pimple dries out and there havent been any new ones since! The old scars seem to fade and my face looks brighter. I do use this in conjunction with martian toner! Love that one also! Really recommend this product!

on 4/8/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've done my research as always before buying this one. I truly believe that skincare & makeup are personal so our skin may react differently. Having said that, this did nothing on my face. Used it as a mask as well knowing that I'm wasting a lot of product but still no improvements. Such a waste of money.

on 1/2/2017 5:39:00 AM

I have an intense love hate with this treatment. Love the results hate the price.. definitely has me by the balls(if I had a set)

I instantly see results with this. My complexion is clear and brighter. My skin feels smooth, soft and exfoliated. It's not for someone who has sensitive skin, imo, I definitely feel the tingling, prickliness almost burn when I apply this. I've been using this for almost 2 yrs off and on and I still haven't gotten used to the tingle.

Now the negative.. not many really. The pump dispenses too much lotion so I feel like it's wasteful. I only need half a pump for my face and neck. I don't need a thick layer to get results. I don't rub this in either I pat over my face and neck. The price.. ugh!?! It's $105 for just an ounce!?! I haven't found anything that gives me such results though so unfortunately it's worth the money. I only buy during Sephora's sales just so the purchase hurts less but, I buy it every sale