Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.5

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 1/24/2019 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So I've used Good Genes for a year now and have went through two bottles.

YES, this product does give you glowing and radiant skin, however I found the cream formula was too thick for me, this product never really sank into my skin, no matter how little I used. I did not notice much exfoliation effects, I still had some small bumps and PIH, but besides that my skin was pretty good and I loved the radiance this product gave me. This also helped to heal some of my acne.

Some people say Good Genes smells chemically or kind of gross. To me, it smells like lemongrass.

The packaging was pretty good. It comes in a sturdy, glass bottle with gold accents. However for a $100+ product, I expect the pump to be better. The pump can get a bit crusty.

Honestly, I do not consider this to be a true chemical exfoliant. It is more of a radiance and moisturizing product to me.

on 9/12/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am sorry, I really am. I hate Good Genes.
Yes, it brightened my skin overall, after three weeks it did *nothing* to my melasma. My skin texture got worse and I started to get blackheads and pimples in weird places like on the side on my face next to my ear. I have never had a blackhead there in my life.
With only 4% free acid this is absolutely not worth the cost. I returned this with a bitchy attitude because the SA said: "really, Good genes broke you out?" I gave her a vicious, toothy smile. "YES. Good Genes."
Don't believe the hype. Spend your $$ on Lotion P50 if you can get your hands on that.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Extremely oily, large congested pores, lots of redness.

PROS
it shrunk my huge pores!
made my skin supple

CONS
Very high price

Check out my quick demo here:

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is super expensive, but I will definitely buy it again. It smooths my skin out and doesn't really seem to make the dryness worse. It is amazing paired with the Luna oil, obviously, and while the price of that combo hurts my heart it makes my face glow so I will suck it up. The first couple of times I tried this I was so grossed out by the scent, because it smelled a lot like lilies, which of course sometimes smell like cat pee. I guess I have gotten used to it, because now it just smells lightly floral to me. I have dry, acne-prone skin with rosacea, and this is gentle enough that it doesn't make any of those problems worse. The packaging is very nice as well, and the smaller bottle will probably last about six months for me.

on 3/21/2018 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has completely revamped my skin. I used to get pimples and breaks out at least once a week (not bad, but it was annoying red spots) and always had dark circles under my eyes. Since using this and the ordinary retinoid granactive 2% my skin is amazing. I've been using it for almsot 3 months now. It gave me smoother more even skin. I almost never break out (if it I do, its small and gone within the day). My dark circles are lighter and it has faded my acne scars. It has also reduced some fine lines I had

Soooo expensive but it has made my skin completely different. 100% would repurchase. I have normal-oily skin - may not be suitable for dry skin I think.

on 1/21/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased a smaller container of Good Genes, along with Luna, as part of the Sunday Riley Power Couple Set. I needed a travel sized Luna, and wanted to try Good Genes, so the set was ideal. After using Good Genes every other night (my skin is pretty sensitive) I didn’t see a difference, and when I bumped it up to every night, it irritated my skin. Good Genes is just not for me. I am able to use Luna with no issues (except the price - eek!), as well as Tidal. So I thought Good Genes would fall right into place. It did not. If you have sensitive skin, watch out.

on 1/3/2018 11:24:00 AM

I don't write many reviews even though I should. That said, I have to report that Sunday Riley Good Genes is the real deal. I used it for the first time yesterday morning. I used it after my CE + Ferulic Acid serum and before my sunscreen. I have these ugly little bags under each corner of my mouth (sort of like bags under the eyes) and I hate the way they look. Getting old is awesome :(
Anyway, I have gotten filler for these for a few years now, but the cost of that is becoming prohibitive. I got a sample of GG from Sephora and when I read that it plumps up the skin, I had to try it. To my amazement, those little bags were GONE within 2 minutes of applying the GG. Even better - it lasted all day. I am always stunned when a skincare product does what it claims to do. I don't know about the long term effects yet, but the immediate plumping and brightening it gives my skin is worth it. Two people complimented me on my skin yesterday, too! Naturally I ran to Sephora and bought a bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This does not work well for my combo skin -- it broke me out in red pimples on my cheeks and chin. I have tried using it several times, and each time I break out. I dont see any improvement in my skin's texture, either. The smell is gross, too. This didn't work for me, so I will stick with my Drunk Elephant.

on 12/28/2017 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment - Not a big fan of this. It has a distinctive scent that I don’t find all that pleasant to be honest. Is it just me or are the Sunday Riley products overhyped and overpriced for what they do? I much prefer my glycolic acid treatment cream over this as I find it a better exfoliant for my dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! But IT IS SO EXPENSIVE! I am on my second bottle. My first bottle was from the sample set that came with the Luna sleeping oil. It worked so nicely on my oily acne scarred skin I has to by a new one (I bough the small one instead of the big one thou). You only need one pump in my opinion for the whole face. I concentrate it where I have scars, bumps, and acne. You will see it work right away within either the next morning or the first three days of use. I suggest only using it at night since it is an exfoliate. It will make your other product on top of it ball up if you rub it so use a tapping motion for your other product after you apply it. It does smell funky but it goes away with in minutes. The packaging is great has a pump but I wish it has a cover. It only has a close/open twist pump I would rather have it have a cap to be more travel friendly. I really don't want to be without this product it has helped improved my skin so much, but it is so pricey. I will continue to buy it if it is in my budget.