Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 12/12/2018 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Packaging feels super luxurious. I wanted something to replace a cheaper daily exfoliating face lotion. I wanted something that could help with congestion, dullness, and lightening acne scars. I think it helped, but I wanted to get a silk pillow or something because I was worried it would rub off at night! It's definitely on the shinier side and when it dries, if you rub your face too much you can definitely rub off eraser bits, so I wouldn't layer it with anything. At the time, I was putting it under/over a bit of acne spot treatment, so layering didn't look the greatest on those areas. This was probably one of the first expensive skincare items I ever tried.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got this as a sample from a friend. I was not sure I wanted to try it because if I feel in love Im not sure I would want to spend the money on the full size product.

I thought the sample would only give me one or two nights of trying it but Ive used it three times already and have plenty of it left. I think a little goes a long way.

I wasnt sure about the hype surrounding this product but I have got to say that i actually love it. I don't get the "seeing results in 3 hours" part as when its on my skin it seems to actually be drying my skin out more. I can notice dehydration lines when its on.

However the next day after I rinse it off and apply my normal skincare routine my skin looks AMAZING! My fine lines around the mouth and forehead are practically non existent. Skin looks smoother and more radiant. My skin has a perfect, flawless look and a healthy glow.

I still have some of my sample left and I think I might actually want to buy this or at least find a good dupe.

on 6/14/2018 9:14:00 AM

there is absolutely no reason for this to be as expensive as it is.
like, the formula is good and the ingredients are fine, it does what it's supposed to do, but the 110 dollar price tag is such a scam.
any old exoliating lactic acid serum will do just fine, you can get the same thing from paula's choice or even the ordinary for much much cheaper. i highly doubt the plant extracts in this do anything, and they could even irritate your skin.
i guess if you're just really rich and want to blow money for no reason, it's good. the packaging is cute.

I love how my skin responds to this. I will splurge from time to time to buy more, but it’s typically beyond my budget, sadly.

Using this with the Luna Sleeping Night oil, it's been a few days but so far it has made my skin so soft and clear. Any breakout I had or could feel coming would be gone by the morning. My pores also seem to look smaller. Will give a proper update in a few weeks, but so far so good!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I couldn't work why I couldn't get any product out of this do opened the bottle to find a TUBE inside that the pump was connected to.

Not going to buy again. What a rip off.

on 5/9/2017 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Pros: Its a gentle exfoliant that does it job well. "Gentle" being the key word. Don't expect a miracle overnight. After a week of using it, I could see my skin getting clearer. I suppose it is a good product for someone with sensitive skin that can't tolerate more aggressive exfoliation treatment.

Cons:
a. Too pricey. I purchased the Drunk Elephant Baby Facial which worked as a mask and did the same job within 30 mins, that this Good Genes took in 1-2 weeks. Plus the fact that when I am using the Good Genes, I couldn't apply anything else fancy like my repair serums before going to bed.
b. It stinks like the rehydrated bamboo shoots you get in the ramen. Or otherwise described as a strong "pee" smell. It lasts through the night. So if this is not a problem for you, go for it!

on 4/8/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've done my research as always before buying this one. I truly believe that skincare & makeup are personal so our skin may react differently. Having said that, this did nothing on my face. Used it as a mask as well knowing that I'm wasting a lot of product but still no improvements. Such a waste of money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Doesn't work anymore?
I was completely new to chemical exfoliants before purchasing this product. I bought this in the set that also has the Luna oil so I felt a little more justified when it came to spending $85 or however much it was. When I first used Good Genes, I used at night I thought my face was going to burn off. It scared me to death, it hurt and made my skin red! But let me tell you when I woke up the next morning my skin was probably the softest it's ever been in my life. And it was glowing and radiant. I thought WOW. I was willing to put up with the burning if I was seeing results like that. I didn't want to over due it so I decided I was only going to use this twice a week. So second application comes around and....nothing. No burning, no waking up to beautiful skin, all I did was put on a serum that smells like lemongrass that did next to nothing. So what gives? I tried shaking it really vigorously to see if that would help but I just can't get it to do its magic anymore. I've moved on now and am trying other exfoliants so this is just sitting collecting dust. Really dissapointed for spending so much money on two products that get rave reviews.

on 1/25/2017 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I use this when my face feels dull. Not for everyday. I've used other lactic acids that make my nose red. This works well for my skin. But, I'm sure there's a dupe that's less expensive. I stick with it because my skin reacts as it should.