Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 6/3/2018 4:48:00 PM

It’s a win for my aging skin.

on 5/2/2018 11:53:00 PM

This product was a swing and a miss for me. I was really excited to try it because of all the rave reviews, but once I started applying it - it did nothing for my skin. I had just ended using a different serum and my skin was looking amazing. I thought Sunday Riley was going to turn my level 8 skin into a 10. But after a few weeks of using this I noticed my texture was coming back as well as some pigmentation that had decreased with my other skincare routine. I could tell there was acne forming, but it wouldn’t surface. It also made my holy grail foundation sit poorly on my skin, primarily settling in my pores. I had never had that problem before.

Finally, I decided to stop using this and go back to my other serum. My skin is currently in a purge and I am breaking out like crazy. I never have had a breakout this severe, but knew it was going to happen after I went back to my regular products that increase cell turnover. I could tell by the texture of my skin while on Sunday Riley .... something was festering under the surface.

Based on how other people have raved about this I really wish it had worked the same for my skin! But at they same time I guess I’m lucky that I know in a couple weeks my skin will be back to normal using a product with a lower price tag!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very good all in one serum - for exfoliation, brightening and hydrating. I do really see the radiance in my skin after using it. It smells really strong and i believe it has really strong components inside, sometimes my face stings lil bit using it. But it doesnt bother me. Does not irritate my skin. I'm not too sure about any skin plumping effects tho. After using it sometimes i can also rub some dead skin cells off my face because of the lactic acid. It's expensive, but a real treat for the skin and i will repurchAse it from time to time. One bad thing is the last few drops are so difficult ro get out of the bottle.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used Dr Dennis Gross daily peels for a week straight and my chin broke out so badly that I stoped using and got the Good Genes Flash Fix travel set. I have to admit I really like both the clay cleanser and the Good Genes serum! I’m approaching my mid 30’s and never had any skin issues really except the occasional minor break out. my skin is combo more on oily side and I have to say no irratation my pores look so much clearer like others have said blurring effect, face is so soft and tight feeling. I did take 1 💄off due to price as I grabbed the travel set not knowing the full prices. I usually wash my face take makeup off and cleanse then use the serum. I wil stock up on the travel set for now.

on 3/21/2018 8:54:00 PM

Do you want a glycolic acid cure? Go for Chanel Le Weekend, this is nothing close to Chanel’s sleek formula where there is nothing superfluous!

on 1/27/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased a bottle of Good Genes after liking the results from a deluxe sample from Sephora. It’s expensive at $110CAD. The lactic acid provides a deep exfoliation, but the smell of the product is pretty revolting. While my skin did see some resurfacing results, the lactic acid stings and my skin really started getting red and blotchy. I prefer a good AHA peel than using this serum daily. I won’t be repurchasing.

on 1/23/2018 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mind-Blowing. This product gave me instant overnight results, and after one week of use, nightly, i noticed that all my pores were cleared up, or clogged pores were very easily extracted (with no pain or struggle.) I use it sparingly because of the price, and now, instead of every night i use it a few times a week. Pricey but worth it. Will continue to buy as long as it is on the market. Remarkable product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a bunch of the small samples from Sephora and really didnt expect much since I'd never heard of it before. Chemical exfoliation was a new concept to me. I have combo, sensitive, acne-prone skin and so I would always exfoliate, but with a scrub or brush. Not any more after using this stuff. HOLY COW.. what a difference. It has COMPLETELY changed my skin. It has shrunk my pores, I think its because it has cleared out the gunk in my pores. My skin texture is smoother and so my makeup applies so much nicer (liquid foundation specifically). I also believe my skin did some purging the first week or so, I got a few little white heads but wasnt bad. I've been using it over a month now and I will never go without it again. I would recommend you try a sample of at least 5 days to see how your skin reacts.. then purchase because its pricey, but worth it for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It’s refinished my skin completely. I use it morning and night, every day. It never breaks me out, and it brings deep hydration into the skin. The texture I started getting after 10 years of smoking (stupid, I know) around my nose has improved dramatically- I thought I was going to have to get fillers. When you think about GG versus THAT kind of money, it’s an investment. I love it and I will continue to make sure I always have it in my arsenal. Lots of people will spend that kind of money on an outfit or a pair of shoes without batting an eyelash- this is your face, people.

on 12/28/2017 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment - Not a big fan of this. It has a distinctive scent that I don’t find all that pleasant to be honest. Is it just me or are the Sunday Riley products overhyped and overpriced for what they do? I much prefer my glycolic acid treatment cream over this as I find it a better exfoliant for my dry skin.