Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.2

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 1/21/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased a smaller container of Good Genes, along with Luna, as part of the Sunday Riley Power Couple Set. I needed a travel sized Luna, and wanted to try Good Genes, so the set was ideal. After using Good Genes every other night (my skin is pretty sensitive) I didn’t see a difference, and when I bumped it up to every night, it irritated my skin. Good Genes is just not for me. I am able to use Luna with no issues (except the price - eek!), as well as Tidal. So I thought Good Genes would fall right into place. It did not. If you have sensitive skin, watch out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, i have a sensitive skin so, when i used this after 2 days it made patches of dry and irritated skin. But then idiscovered that i need to not use it everyday and let my skin get accustommed!! And it did! My face looks whiter and i got complements from my coworkers. Also, ive been hearing that its too small but 1 bottle can last me 2 months half. And thats 2x a day. So for for me its worth it!

on 5/17/2017 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had such high hopes for this (as I always do of exfoliants, none of which, I might add, have ever come up to my expectations). (Maybe I should just take the Visa by the horns and go and get my face lasered.)

No, it didn't transform my skin. It DID exfoliate, yes - after a couple of weeks of use, I started noticing peeling round my ears and hairline. (At which point I bought a konjac sponge. I will say, the combination of konjac sponge and this seemed to bring about some slight improvements.) The texture of my skin was a LITTLE finer, perhaps, and the winter flakiness round my nose disappeared. That's about it. Little lines - still fully in evidence. Aging visibly - yes, alas.

The smell is - not great, a sharp, acrid chemical citrus. It burns on the skin occasionally, though not to any extreme degree. No adverse reactions.

For the price, it also didn't last very long. I was through the 1 oz bottle in less than a month, which is a deal too quick for something that cost $135. I will say, though, that unlike most of these pump-type bottles, this one did dispense almost the very last drop of product into my waiting fingers.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little goes a long way with this product and that's all the good I have to say about it. This has several very comedogenic ingredients in it, and I didn't bother to find that out until a week after using it. It clogged up my pores terribly after the 1st use. I thought my skin was just purging, but nope. If you're prone to breakouts or clogged pores, stay FAR AWAY from this. NOT worth the price tag anyway. I tried 3 different products by Sunday Riley, and they have all broken me out and clogged my pores. Better products are out there (with lactic acid and so forth) and for much better prices. I got this as a free sample at Sephora, so I wasted no money.

on 3/15/2017 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have tried many AHA products by Paula's Choice and Obagi, this one is way better at plumping, exfoliating, giving your face a glow. Love it.

on 10/23/2016 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So disappointed in this product. It is a very waxy cream that just sits on my skin. The lemongrass scent is very strong which I find very unnecessary- SR puts a lot of essential oils and extracts into her products that only make them smell like they are organic and high end but I think they just irritate my skin (not sensitive skin BTW). At first when I used this I woke up with soft skin. But then I started to have some breakouts that I normally never have. My skin would get very dry during the day when I usually just use a light moisturizer. It would flush easily- it was very irritated. I tried backing down on usage down to 1-2x per week but it just wasn't going to work. I stopped using it and my issues cleared up. I think SR skincare is totally overrated and overpriced. The packaging is pretty and everyone thinks it is so unique because of trendy things like blue oils and green toners. It's really just dye that is added into the oils and serums- look at the ingredient list. It's nothing special. Save yourself some money and mix your own oils. SR is a great woman and I admire her for going after what she wants but just because she has a chemistry degree does not mean that she is qualified to tell you how to treat your skin.

on 8/9/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

About me - sensitive skin prone to hormonal break outs, hyper-pigmentation, and black heads/enlarged pores around my t-zone. When I say sensitive, I mean it. The hyper-pigmentation is a big thing for me and it doesn't take much for my skin to turn 50 shades of red.

Details - as mentioned, the product comes in fairly nice packaging. In my experience, this is the nicest part about the product. It is a pump which means it is more hygienic and I feel it helps to lengthen the life span of the product. It is lactic acid which means it smells kind of like rancid milk mixed with lemon. A lot of other users said it smelled like lemon, well, I in no way have a sensitive nose and am telling you it doesn't smell like lemon only - it definitely has some other scent tones to it and they aren't very pleasant. Because of the scent I only used this product at night before bed.

Experience - now, I am going to start with the fact that initially, this product blew me away. The first time I used it, I applied it as a moisturizer and guffawed as my redness completely dissipated. Not to mention little blemishes and pores. I remember staring at myself and thinking 'so this is what model fresh skin looks/feels like!' I was in love. Really. I could get over the smell that reminded me of my 4th grade field trip (don't ask) and I could get over the slight sting to the formula, I could get over anything with my skin looking so good. THEN tragedy struck. I don't know what happened. I went through a bit of the bottle and I started seeing these huge cystic pimples start to take over my face. I mean massive - to an alarming extent. I wouldn't believe - couldn't believe that my beloved good genes was doing this to my skin. It had worked so beautifully before, no way could it be harming my skin! But the cystic pimples started getting worse and worse. Finally, after the bottle was almost empty, I took a break from Good Genes.

Well, that was it. Within a few days of stopping good genes my pimples started to clear up. Although the hyper-pigmentation was back the pimples had diffused and no longer did it look like I was sporting bug bites on my face. I am not going to lie, I was pretty devastated. My good friend was in love with the stuff and it worked great for her too, however, she too saw her pimples turning into cystic mountains and now only uses it around certain times of the month. She still swears by it - but as a mask that she doesn't use too frequently. So that's that, two people with different skin types both experiencing painful and irritating cystic pimples due to the use of this shtuff.

Price - it isn't the worst but it certainly doesn't make sense to me. With my experience I certainly won't purchase again. But as other users have said, there are cheaper versions of this stuff out there. Take a trip to your local Korean beauty store/website and you will find some pretty comparable dupes. Just saying.

Overall, not impressed with this product in the long-run.

on 6/23/2016 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing product. I bought the power couple 3 weeks ago and that's how long the good genes lasted using two pumps at night. I hate that I love the product because I just can't justifiy spending 105.00 on a full size bottle. So now I'm on the hunt for something new with latic acid in it. When you get to the end of the bottle and pop it open it's bazaar, the product is enclosed with hard plastic attached to the dispenser and the bottle is spotless. I don't know if it's to keep the product fresh, or to make us think the 15 ml bottle is full of the serum?

on 4/25/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Hey guys so this product is definitely worth it - it does give me an incredible skin complexion overtime evens my skin tone and leaves my skin soft and smooth and supple and looking like a perfect skin having mofo. Lol

However I wouldn't use it with Luna in fact Luna didn't even work on me and actually gave me pimples. I know it's not the Good Genes cause good genes actually slightly minimizes my pimples and pores ! So I would recommend buying this over the Luna Oil!

The smell is not so great but the results are superb!

I wouldn't buy again unless I had that extra money for it - I'm not completely sure of this as a HG product.
Give it a try!

on 3/23/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Despite that this product actually works, I don't think I would buy it again.
I felt a slight tingle after night application and the smell is horrible. My skin feels smooth and rejuvenated in the morning, very glad to see a product worked on my skin.
Sadly, Good Genes is too drying for everyday use... in my age, I really need to keep my skin plumped and moisturized, so for that reason, I will not buy it again.