Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.9

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This does not work well for my combo skin -- it broke me out in red pimples on my cheeks and chin. I have tried using it several times, and each time I break out. I dont see any improvement in my skin's texture, either. The smell is gross, too. This didn't work for me, so I will stick with my Drunk Elephant.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! But IT IS SO EXPENSIVE! I am on my second bottle. My first bottle was from the sample set that came with the Luna sleeping oil. It worked so nicely on my oily acne scarred skin I has to by a new one (I bough the small one instead of the big one thou). You only need one pump in my opinion for the whole face. I concentrate it where I have scars, bumps, and acne. You will see it work right away within either the next morning or the first three days of use. I suggest only using it at night since it is an exfoliate. It will make your other product on top of it ball up if you rub it so use a tapping motion for your other product after you apply it. It does smell funky but it goes away with in minutes. The packaging is great has a pump but I wish it has a cover. It only has a close/open twist pump I would rather have it have a cap to be more travel friendly. I really don't want to be without this product it has helped improved my skin so much, but it is so pricey. I will continue to buy it if it is in my budget.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I rarely re-purchase pricy skin care products. My skin is so sensitive, oily, and acne prone. I just purchased a second bottle of this liquid magic. My skin looks so much better and hasn't been breaking out. My skin purged during the first week but cleared after that. This stuff is totally worth the cost. I love the lemongrass scent. It's lovely!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I always have problems with acne and acne scars..it comes and go, but these last few months have been hell! My skin have never broke out this bad before! I have uncountable scars and when one pimple dries out, another came out! I tried so many acne treatment from so many brands with no apparent improvement. I've been intrigued by a lot of rave review on this product, but the price really puts me off. But im really desperate on finding something that works on my skin, so i took the plunge and i couldnt be happier! Within the first week of using, most of the old pimple dries out and there havent been any new ones since! The old scars seem to fade and my face looks brighter. I do use this in conjunction with martian toner! Love that one also! Really recommend this product!

This is an HG item in my skin care routine. Is it pricey? Yes. Does it deliver? YES! My experience with GG did NOT start out as a pleasant one. I tried a sample when it first came out at Sephora and was NOT a fan. As a matter of fact, I spoke quite poorly of it because it stung my face and I thought it smelled terrible, plus the morning after I used it I woke up with a huge zit. HOWEVER, after reading all of the amazing reviews and seeing all of the beauty gurus sing their praises about it I wanted to try it again. I bought it and knew I could return it to Sephora if it didn't work out. Second time was a charm for me (and continued use). Day one, after using it in my evening skin care routine, I noticed that my skin was definitely brighter and tighter (not dehydrated tight, lifted tight). I continued using it nightly for a week and every single day got compliments on my skin. I also noticed a huge improvement in my skins texture, a decrease in breakouts, and a brightness to my skin tone that I hadn't seen in years. Does it smell wacky? Yes. Does it sting on occasion when using it? Yes,but most acids do. I'm a heavy skin acid fan and am used to products like LP p50 oroginal, so GG's little sting is nothing! I highly recommend this product, especially if you're over 40 and wanting to give your skin a real wake-up call, decrease in the appearance of aging, and a great exfoliation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just for some background, I have normal/dry skin that is very acne prone. Good genes has been marketed in the past as being 40% lactic acid, it's actually only 5% but SR claims because of the PH that it's as effective as a 40% LA treatment you would get at a dermatologist office. So, not a fan of that claim really, as nothing OTC will be as effective as a derm treatment. Having said that, this is one of my can't live without it products. Though insanely expensive, this gives me results like no other. Glowy skin, faded pigmentation and super soft skin. I did try and find a cheaper dupe and tested out some of Makeupartistschoice's LA treatments/serums. I went back to Good Genes because it just gives me the best result. I use this nightly, but it does not take a lot of product to get results. I use about half a pump, so a bottle lasts me quite a few months. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff made my skin *feel* smooth, which was a huge pro, but didn't appear to do much else like help with redness. The lemongrass scent is really strong and takes a while to fade. This product doesn't tingle so much as it temporarily stings. It leaves a somewhat prickly feeling on the face after application, and I'm not really a fan of that. If you're looking to even out texture, this is a great product for that, but if you're looking for hydration and/or brightening, there are better products out there.

on 11/17/2016 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought a very small sample size on ebay (for $30!) to see what all the fuss is about. It was pretty great - no irritation to my sensitive, middle-aged but still acne-prone skin, and definite brightening and smoothing. However: the price! I just can't do it. If I had more disposable income I'd splurge but there's no way for me to justify it. It's such a hot commodity you can't get it for a bargain on ebay, either.

on 11/17/2016 4:00:00 PM

Did absolutely nothing for me. Total waste of money.

on 11/16/2016 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Too expensive and overrated
Tried this
Love it so
Much hate the price tried
alpha h
Liquid gold same thing except it's glycolic acid similar results