Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.5

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 12/12/2018 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Packaging feels super luxurious. I wanted something to replace a cheaper daily exfoliating face lotion. I wanted something that could help with congestion, dullness, and lightening acne scars. I think it helped, but I wanted to get a silk pillow or something because I was worried it would rub off at night! It's definitely on the shinier side and when it dries, if you rub your face too much you can definitely rub off eraser bits, so I wouldn't layer it with anything. At the time, I was putting it under/over a bit of acne spot treatment, so layering didn't look the greatest on those areas. This was probably one of the first expensive skincare items I ever tried.

on 9/12/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am sorry, I really am. I hate Good Genes.
Yes, it brightened my skin overall, after three weeks it did *nothing* to my melasma. My skin texture got worse and I started to get blackheads and pimples in weird places like on the side on my face next to my ear. I have never had a blackhead there in my life.
With only 4% free acid this is absolutely not worth the cost. I returned this with a bitchy attitude because the SA said: "really, Good genes broke you out?" I gave her a vicious, toothy smile. "YES. Good Genes."
Don't believe the hype. Spend your $$ on Lotion P50 if you can get your hands on that.

on 6/14/2018 9:14:00 AM

there is absolutely no reason for this to be as expensive as it is.
like, the formula is good and the ingredients are fine, it does what it's supposed to do, but the 110 dollar price tag is such a scam.
any old exoliating lactic acid serum will do just fine, you can get the same thing from paula's choice or even the ordinary for much much cheaper. i highly doubt the plant extracts in this do anything, and they could even irritate your skin.
i guess if you're just really rich and want to blow money for no reason, it's good. the packaging is cute.

on 1/27/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased a bottle of Good Genes after liking the results from a deluxe sample from Sephora. It’s expensive at $110CAD. The lactic acid provides a deep exfoliation, but the smell of the product is pretty revolting. While my skin did see some resurfacing results, the lactic acid stings and my skin really started getting red and blotchy. I prefer a good AHA peel than using this serum daily. I won’t be repurchasing.

on 12/28/2017 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment - Not a big fan of this. It has a distinctive scent that I don’t find all that pleasant to be honest. Is it just me or are the Sunday Riley products overhyped and overpriced for what they do? I much prefer my glycolic acid treatment cream over this as I find it a better exfoliant for my dry skin.

I bought this product because of the current hype about it on every single social media plattform and this time I do not regret it! I used the lactic acid 5% from The Ordinary before and though I looooove most of their products, the lactic acid made me break out every single time I used it. So I was a little scared to use the Good Genes at first but since everybody and their grandma raved about this product so much I just gave it a try and - WOW! I have visible pores in my under eye area and after only using this product twice even my boyfriend saw a difference - if that doesn‘t count as a reference than what does ;)

on 8/16/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this as part of the "Power Couple Duo" value set at Sephora, which included a small bottle of Good Genes and the Luna oil. I liked the combination, which made my dry skin very soft and moisturized. I could feel Good Genes "working" the first few times I applied it (slight tingling sensation) but I didn't notice any real difference in the clarity or tone of my skin. I was also frustrated by the difference in the amount of each product you get in the value set, as I ran out of Good Genes waaaay before I ran out of Luna. Overall, I think lactic acid is an amazing chemical exfoliant, but you can probably find an equally good lactic acid product for less money elsewhere.

on 5/26/2017 10:14:00 PM

I'm so glad I only had a sample pack of this. I've heard incredible things of what it does to your skin. I just couldn't get past the smell. It was that bad! I will stick to my lactic acid from the ordinary which may be milder but works well too.

on 5/9/2017 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Pros: Its a gentle exfoliant that does it job well. "Gentle" being the key word. Don't expect a miracle overnight. After a week of using it, I could see my skin getting clearer. I suppose it is a good product for someone with sensitive skin that can't tolerate more aggressive exfoliation treatment.

Cons:
a. Too pricey. I purchased the Drunk Elephant Baby Facial which worked as a mask and did the same job within 30 mins, that this Good Genes took in 1-2 weeks. Plus the fact that when I am using the Good Genes, I couldn't apply anything else fancy like my repair serums before going to bed.
b. It stinks like the rehydrated bamboo shoots you get in the ramen. Or otherwise described as a strong "pee" smell. It lasts through the night. So if this is not a problem for you, go for it!

on 4/2/2017 12:42:00 AM

I purchased the power couple so I am completely in love and cannot understand bad reviews.

update: just too expensive for what you get .....try other lactic acids or acids period