Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently tried the Sunday Riley Good Genes and I experienced a permanent reaction! I applied the Good Genes as recommended on my face and blended it to my neck; immediately my neck was burning; I proceeded to wash off my neck and went to bed. The next morning, I was shocked to see that my neck was all red and dry which felt like sand paper. I moisturized and applied Aloe Vera for the burn. The burning sensation stopped within a few days but my bigger problem was the permanent reaction....my neck remained all wrinkled and extremely dry. Please be careful if considering using this product because instead of giving you beautiful skin it might age the look of your skin (neck) by 20 years!!!

on 9/12/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am sorry, I really am. I hate Good Genes.
Yes, it brightened my skin overall, after three weeks it did *nothing* to my melasma. My skin texture got worse and I started to get blackheads and pimples in weird places like on the side on my face next to my ear. I have never had a blackhead there in my life.
With only 4% free acid this is absolutely not worth the cost. I returned this with a bitchy attitude because the SA said: "really, Good genes broke you out?" I gave her a vicious, toothy smile. "YES. Good Genes."
Don't believe the hype. Spend your $$ on Lotion P50 if you can get your hands on that.

on 6/14/2018 9:14:00 AM

there is absolutely no reason for this to be as expensive as it is.
like, the formula is good and the ingredients are fine, it does what it's supposed to do, but the 110 dollar price tag is such a scam.
any old exoliating lactic acid serum will do just fine, you can get the same thing from paula's choice or even the ordinary for much much cheaper. i highly doubt the plant extracts in this do anything, and they could even irritate your skin.
i guess if you're just really rich and want to blow money for no reason, it's good. the packaging is cute.

on 5/16/2018 5:57:00 AM

The first time I used this I was honestly blown away and then....cystic acne. I got an absolute whopper on my cheek which took ages to go. So it’s a no from me I’m afraid

on 5/2/2018 11:53:00 PM

This product was a swing and a miss for me. I was really excited to try it because of all the rave reviews, but once I started applying it - it did nothing for my skin. I had just ended using a different serum and my skin was looking amazing. I thought Sunday Riley was going to turn my level 8 skin into a 10. But after a few weeks of using this I noticed my texture was coming back as well as some pigmentation that had decreased with my other skincare routine. I could tell there was acne forming, but it wouldn’t surface. It also made my holy grail foundation sit poorly on my skin, primarily settling in my pores. I had never had that problem before.

Finally, I decided to stop using this and go back to my other serum. My skin is currently in a purge and I am breaking out like crazy. I never have had a breakout this severe, but knew it was going to happen after I went back to my regular products that increase cell turnover. I could tell by the texture of my skin while on Sunday Riley .... something was festering under the surface.

Based on how other people have raved about this I really wish it had worked the same for my skin! But at they same time I guess I’m lucky that I know in a couple weeks my skin will be back to normal using a product with a lower price tag!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've never considered my skin product-sensitive. So I was very surprised with a couple days after using this, I had an extreme reaction and got contact irritant dermatitis all over my face. I was red, bumpy ALL over (I had no area that was smooth) and it was painful to the touch.

on 4/8/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've done my research as always before buying this one. I truly believe that skincare & makeup are personal so our skin may react differently. Having said that, this did nothing on my face. Used it as a mask as well knowing that I'm wasting a lot of product but still no improvements. Such a waste of money.

on 3/27/2017 8:21:00 AM

This is a horrible product. It dried out my skin so much that I look 5 years older. In addition, it gave me pimples and weird bumpy patches in a few areas of my face. This one is going back to Sephora. I won't bother with SR products again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little goes a long way with this product and that's all the good I have to say about it. This has several very comedogenic ingredients in it, and I didn't bother to find that out until a week after using it. It clogged up my pores terribly after the 1st use. I thought my skin was just purging, but nope. If you're prone to breakouts or clogged pores, stay FAR AWAY from this. NOT worth the price tag anyway. I tried 3 different products by Sunday Riley, and they have all broken me out and clogged my pores. Better products are out there (with lactic acid and so forth) and for much better prices. I got this as a free sample at Sephora, so I wasted no money.

on 2/25/2017 7:39:00 AM

I am new to the chemical exfoliant scene and I was hoping to see smoother skin and fine lines disappearing before my eyes. I saw nothing. I used this in conjunction with the blue, stinky dead fish oil they call Luna and nothing happened. My skin is as it was months ago. What a waste of money and time. Don't do what I did.