Paula's Choice CLEAR Regular Strength Acne Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Paula's Choice CLEAR Regular Strength Acne Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

4.3

Not tested on animals

New ingredients- Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5 (topical disinfectant). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Bisabolol, Allantoin (anti-irritants), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming/suspending agent), Hydroxyethylcellulose (thickener), Sodium Citrate (pH adjuster), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The product comes in a tube. A pump component would be great, but would likely add to the price.
The formula is great. There is little to no scent, which is nice. It's a light, slightly watery, gel consistency. If your skin isn't accustomed to potent treatments, I would suggest taking it easy -- and definitely watch out for the creases and underside of the nares/nostrils (this area tends to get very dry, crusty, painful). Expect some redness, dryness, and even peeling/flaking until your skin adjusts. I've found that this particular formula is very mild, though, and doesn't dry out my skin.
It's very difficult to find a lightweight 2.5% gel for all-over application. I believe Clinique has one, but the price per oz is higher. This product is perfect for what I was looking for.
I use this product and OTC adapalene .1% nightly. This combination is the only treatment that has cleared my mild-moderate acne. Not only that, but my pores are visibly reduced, tone and texture evened, and any scars have faded/continue to fade.

on 12/19/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PLEASE be careful when you use this product. I had near perfect skin, except for the occasional zit on my jaw during that time of the month. They weren't cystic breakouts but I was annoyed at them because they would take about a month to heal and by then another one would pop up. I read a lot of good reviews on her clear kits so I purchased a trial kit. The first night I limited the use to the one and only pimple I had, it came to a head the next morning, which was great. However 3 more painful CYSTS also appeared in the area. I thought it was because my jawline is clogged so I continued to use this product, expanding the treatment area. Every night the same thing happened: one pimple comes to a head but 3 more would appear, sometimes one on TOP of the other in clusters. The ones that did heal left nasty red marks and bumpy scar tissue. On top of that, the area is so dry that skin is peeling off. I continued using it for 2 months before finally accepting that this product just makes things worse. Unfortunately by then, the damage was done. After 2 months, my jaw is officially a flaming red, painful mess. Even if I don't touch it, it hurt all the time. its been 2 weeks since I stopped using the product and yes, the breakouts take longer to heal and I'm still breaking out. But I went from 7 active cysts down to 4.

on 12/18/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Of the many wonderful gifts Mother Nature could have bestowed upon me, she chose ... acne! Awesome.

So, as you can probably guess, I'm really thankful for the Paula's Choice Acne Treatment.

The 2.5% concentration of benzoyl peroxide is strong enough to calm flare-ups without irritating or drying out the surrounding skin. Its thin, water-like texture makes it easy to spread onto the skin, and it layers well with other products (like serum and sunscreen). A little bit goes a long way, so one tube lasts a long time.

My acne is hormonal, so certain weeks are worse than others. When I'm dealing with a more severe breakout, I reach for the extra-strength version of this treatment (the one with 5% benzoyl peroxide). But the 2.5% is perfect for daily use and absolutely helps to maintain clear skin.

I highly, highly recommend this product.

THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT AND LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!! I have acne prone skin and tend to break out easily. i have tried everything, diet control, every single products in the drugstore claiming it will clear your skin. I know how frustrating and disappointed to see nothing works on my skin. But this is the best product so far!!! I have acne like maybe 1 to 2 spots if i am on my period. But for the other days of the entire months, i have almost clear skin which I'm happy with.
Please get this product if you don't want to go on meds and try this products before you get on the medication.
https://goo.gl/7FkReQ This is a $10 off coupon. So you can actually pay a smaller price for trying this out! It is such a great product!!! Please get it asap!!!

hey guys! use this code for $10 off your order: https://goo.gl/MtP1Iz

So, this is a reliable spot treatment that does pretty much what it claims. I like that the packaging isn't too big (looking at you, acne.org treatment), and though the price is somewhat expensive, if you're only using it as a spot treatment, it should last you quite awhile!
I personally felt that it didn't warrant all 5 stars because I feel like it takes a somewhat longer time to work as compared to other spot treatments. That being said, it is gentle, and really won't overdry your skin too much. I highly recommend!

on 11/28/2016 12:02:00 PM

OMG, I absolutely love this stuff. My skin doesn't always respond to salicylic acid, so although benzoyl peroxide bleaches my sheets, it's worth it to have clear, beautiful skin. I apply a thin layer of this product when I am experiencing breakouts, and it really works to clear them up. It's a more gentle formula that doesn't burn my face, or cause dryness. Definitely apply a moisturizer over this, though. If benzoyl peroxide works for you, or you're having difficulty finding something that works to clear up your breakouts, give this a shot! If you're new to PC, use a referral code and save yourself $10 off of a $15 purchase! Enjoy! Here's mine: https://goo.gl/1b4YN

on 2/21/2016 11:53:00 PM

I have bought this for years and love it. I have combination skin. For someone who cannot do a routine every day (aka: I sometimes skip washing my face), I end up getting acne. If I do this often enough I get a lot. I use this to spot treat those pimples and sometimes all over the face. Depending on how many pimples you get and the size, it can vary on how fast you get the results. Small ones disappears by the following day for me. Big cystic acne takes time but if you use the stronger version of this (5%) it actually makes it disappear faster, however it might leave redness despite decreasing the size of it. I usually take care of that part after the pimple has fully disappeared. Benzoyl peroxide can be drying so be careful. Also DO NOT put it on immediately after using a BHA product. How I used to use this that worked just fine was, after cleansing my face and letting it dry, I would apply a dime to nickel size amount of this to my acne or all over my face and let it dry. How I use this now is to spot treat it as I am currently using BHA in some areas of my face so I try not to combine the two or if I do, I wait for the BHA to dry for 10-15 minutes.

the best acne treatment ive ever used. helps to reduce the size of my acne within 2-3 days. i used it twice a day. now i'm buying the full size after done with the 2 weeks trial :D

on 12/5/2015 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Just did not work for me. This and the 5% PC benzoyl peroxide formulas clog my pores and cause breakouts. I get great results at controlling my blackheads and cystic acne on my forehead by using cheap Walgreen's brand of 10% benzoyl peroxide.

on 10/30/2015 2:04:00 PM

Love this product...everything I use is Paula's Choice products, they are amazing and I have finally cleared my acne! :) I did have a coupon for $10 for other reviewers to use but it got deleted!