Paula's Choice CLEAR Regular Strength Acne Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Paula's Choice CLEAR Regular Strength Acne Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

4.4

Not tested on animals

New ingredients- Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5 (topical disinfectant). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Bisabolol, Allantoin (anti-irritants), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming/suspending agent), Hydroxyethylcellulose (thickener), Sodium Citrate (pH adjuster), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT AND LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!! I have acne prone skin and tend to break out easily. i have tried everything, diet control, every single products in the drugstore claiming it will clear your skin. I know how frustrating and disappointed to see nothing works on my skin. But this is the best product so far!!! I have acne like maybe 1 to 2 spots if i am on my period. But for the other days of the entire months, i have almost clear skin which I'm happy with.
Please get this product if you don't want to go on meds and try this products before you get on the medication.
https://goo.gl/7FkReQ This is a $10 off coupon. So you can actually pay a smaller price for trying this out! It is such a great product!!! Please get it asap!!!

hey guys! use this code for $10 off your order: https://goo.gl/MtP1Iz

So, this is a reliable spot treatment that does pretty much what it claims. I like that the packaging isn't too big (looking at you, acne.org treatment), and though the price is somewhat expensive, if you're only using it as a spot treatment, it should last you quite awhile!
I personally felt that it didn't warrant all 5 stars because I feel like it takes a somewhat longer time to work as compared to other spot treatments. That being said, it is gentle, and really won't overdry your skin too much. I highly recommend!

on 11/28/2016 12:02:00 PM

OMG, I absolutely love this stuff. My skin doesn't always respond to salicylic acid, so although benzoyl peroxide bleaches my sheets, it's worth it to have clear, beautiful skin. I apply a thin layer of this product when I am experiencing breakouts, and it really works to clear them up. It's a more gentle formula that doesn't burn my face, or cause dryness. Definitely apply a moisturizer over this, though. If benzoyl peroxide works for you, or you're having difficulty finding something that works to clear up your breakouts, give this a shot! If you're new to PC, use a referral code and save yourself $10 off of a $15 purchase! Enjoy! Here's mine: https://goo.gl/1b4YN

on 2/21/2016 11:53:00 PM

I have bought this for years and love it. I have combination skin. For someone who cannot do a routine every day (aka: I sometimes skip washing my face), I end up getting acne. If I do this often enough I get a lot. I use this to spot treat those pimples and sometimes all over the face. Depending on how many pimples you get and the size, it can vary on how fast you get the results. Small ones disappears by the following day for me. Big cystic acne takes time but if you use the stronger version of this (5%) it actually makes it disappear faster, however it might leave redness despite decreasing the size of it. I usually take care of that part after the pimple has fully disappeared. Benzoyl peroxide can be drying so be careful. Also DO NOT put it on immediately after using a BHA product. How I used to use this that worked just fine was, after cleansing my face and letting it dry, I would apply a dime to nickel size amount of this to my acne or all over my face and let it dry. How I use this now is to spot treat it as I am currently using BHA in some areas of my face so I try not to combine the two or if I do, I wait for the BHA to dry for 10-15 minutes.

the best acne treatment ive ever used. helps to reduce the size of my acne within 2-3 days. i used it twice a day. now i'm buying the full size after done with the 2 weeks trial :D

on 12/5/2015 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Just did not work for me. This and the 5% PC benzoyl peroxide formulas clog my pores and cause breakouts. I get great results at controlling my blackheads and cystic acne on my forehead by using cheap Walgreen's brand of 10% benzoyl peroxide.

on 10/30/2015 2:04:00 PM

Love this product...everything I use is Paula's Choice products, they are amazing and I have finally cleared my acne! :) I did have a coupon for $10 for other reviewers to use but it got deleted!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has been very effective for me as a spot treatment on the inflamed zits I get from time to time. It will usually take them down by 80% after 2 applications whereas if I did nothing it would take days to see any kind of change. Also works to prevent full blown cysts from forming if I catch them early enough. I have sensitive skin and cannot use it all over...tried that once during a particularly bad breakout and was awarded with intense burning, itching, and a gnarly rash that took over a week to go away (any BP product will do this to me so I'm not blaming PC). No issues as long as I only use it on the small areas that need it in which case any itching caused by the spots is actually relieved.

I only paid about $1 for this thanks to discount codes and some store credit I had (I refuse to pay full price for PC's products) and my tube will likely last a long time. I find it much more effective than the drugstore BP creams I've tried and greatly prefer the texture which is like a creamy gel that absorbs and dries quickly. I would repurchase since it works and, with some planning, I can get it on the cheap.

on 9/4/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Clear Acne Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide is one a few products from Paula's Choice that really stands out, particularly if you have sensitive skin. I have a terrible time with my due to it being sensitive and both acne prone and eczema prone. My only other experience with BP is Persagel which is higher concentration more suited for those who do not have sensitive skin. Persagel would leave me flakey even on a once a day application after about three days.

I like that this is milder, but also that it absorbs into the skin very easily and does not leave any residue. Persagel always seemed to just sit on my skin leaving behind residue. The Paulas Choice has a very light texture somewhere between a lotion and a serum. A bit pricey at $17USD for a regular size tube, but sometimes you have to splurge a little. This contains no added fragrance another plus for eczema prone and sensitive skin types.

I would repurchase as options are few for sensitive skin with acne.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have changed my opinion on benzoyl peroxide.
I've used it on and off for many years - for months when I was a teen and then for a couple of years after I had kids.

I usually take Paula's advice very seriously, but through experience I now think that her selling the product makes her praise this ingredient a little more than it deserves.

I personally think that you should only use this if you have mild to moderate acne only (not cystic) and only if you are not using other products (aha, bha acids, retinols, etc).

This is what happened to my skin while on it: it controlled smaller pimples most of the time, but the big cysts were more frequent. I was always so afraid to stop using it because I thought if my acne is this bad while I'm killing all this bacteria, it's going to be so much worse if I stop. But my skin was irritated all the time. Between the BHA and the suncreen and this benzoyl peroxide - it just didn't look or feel good. It was always a bit discolored.

I've stopped the every day BHA and the BP and my skin has returned to its normal tone. It still breaks out (and I know this is more complicated than just topical creams), but it seems to be doing better under Dapsone cream. Dapsone kills bacteria, it's gentle and never stings.

There is nothing wrong with this product though. It's as good as a BP cream can get, I just think it shouldn't be marketed with regular BHA use and the first line of defense against acne (especially cystic acne). If your skin is extra sensitive like mine and breaks out when you rub it too much or get stressed out, skip benzoyl peroxide, go to a dermatologist ASAP. This cream will not penetrate deep enough to address the cause of your issue.