Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

4.9

Price: $

Price: $

Stunningly gorgeous silver chrome shade with very fine microglitter/shimmer. Super impressed with the opacity and length of wear. With two coats and a top coat I can wear this up to a week without chipping. Looks awesome on its own, or paired with a chunky glitter top coat, and I've even used it as a french manicure tip colour paired with black polish. For $1.99 this is a steal of deal for a high quality polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's a bit funny - I would consider a good silver polish to be a basic in my polish repertoire, but I haven't actually owned one in several years. I guess I got so caught up in the neons/holos/blues/scenteds that I forgot what's important. This is an excellent, though not perfect, silver polish - a bright, shiny true silver chrome loaded with microsparkle. I feel downright futuristic wearing it on my fingers (wherein it actually makes warm PPP me look a bit more tan somehow), but it's also a perfect pedi color for most seasons. The brush picks up quite a lot of polish and is pretty fat; it's definitely more suited to longer nails. Minor quibbles are that the formula is unexpectedly thin, there's apparently no mixing ball in the bottle, it can be hard to get it non-streaky without applying really thick coats, the base color sometimes covers the glitter and makes the polish look lumpy, and it needs 3 coats for true opacity. It's an excellent polish for the price, though - US$1.96 @ Walmart, which is obscenely cheap considering the beauty and relative quality (only Sinful and Pure Ice polishes are that cheap here, and they're pretty bad formula and wear-wise).

on 12/2/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this color! Perfect for Winter and the holidays! The silver reminds me of christmas ornaments! It's December, so that's why, I suppose. LOL. I will switch back and forth from a true red to this color. I really love it! It's VERY sparkley, and looks like the texture would feel gritty like real glitter, but it's super smooth! It's very vibrant. 2-3 coats and I look like I've used an expensive nail color, or had them professionally done! This color is superb. By far my favorite nail polish, ever!! I imagine this being perfect for summer, too! As glitter and sparkles are great for summer. I love this, and wouldn't be without it! It wears forever, too! I've had the same 2 coats with no top coat on for about a week and a half, and 98&% of it hasn't moved! Love it! MUST buy! Super cheap, as well!

on 8/3/2011 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful, breathtaking silver. Pure liquid silver. Unlike the other Sally Hansen polishes I know this actually stays on very well. The color is perfect.

This one is def. in my top 5 favorite polishes of all time - it's that good! It's the perfect shimmery silver, it's CHEAP, the brush is good, and the formula is fantastic. What more could you want?! This is a one coat wonder if you do a somewhat thick layer, but 2 thin coats is better. Try this under neons too instead of white! I've already bought a back up, so it goes without saying that I would repurchase. I love the Sally Hansen X-treme wear line, and I especially love this little nail polish :)

I love it love it love it! This silver metallic nail polish is inexpensive and stays on well. I put it under OPI Black Shatter and it looked great! Looks good by itself too. All of Sally Hansen's Extreme Wear nail polishes have awesome colors.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

FAN. TAS. TIC.
Wow wow wow.
This is gorgeous!
It's a true silver with lots of silver shimmer.
It's highly opaque and makes me feel futuristic!
I love the quality of this, and I love the price even more!

on 7/30/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you want a true silver polish this is it. the other silvers I have are more metallic-y grays, but this is a real silver. It applies very well, and like all the other Xtreme Wear's I have it wears like iron, and you don't need to use a base/top coat with it. I've also used this for stamping and it works great. definitely would repurchase.

I adore this color! My mom came over the other day and was going through my stash of np and also fell in love w/this color! :) She wants to wear it in Vegas this July! :) Silver sparkle delight would be the way I would describe this color...

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is SUCH a cute color! I love anything metallic, and this is perfect! I wore this with a pair of silver flats I have and wear alot, they are an exact match! wear is great too, i wore for 6 days, no topcoat!
only complaint: a little thick when you're applying and doesn't dry fast.

Popular Polishes