Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

4.7

on 11/22/2014 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Silvery glittery, opaque in one coat, and very reasonably priced! A little much for fingers IMO, but really cute for toes.

on 7/25/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for grey shades or something that was neither dark or too pastel. This looks great. It is very light catching. It gets compliments and makes a statement, but is not over the top. It would look good on anyone and silver matches almost everything. In low light, it looks like your nails shine in the dark. Definite repurchase.
Formula: Mixed. With two coats and a top from the Invisible, I don't see major chipping for up to 5 days. The range is wide, great pigmentation, and it's cheap. On the other hand, not crazy about the brush and it takes forever to dry. Even when it does dry, it seems to smudge very easily in the following hours. I've tried to combat this by painting with thinner coats and more drying time, but it's still not perfect. Still I do not wear polish often so these cons aren't too bad. This is still one the best nail polish lines I've used in terms of value for money.

on 6/4/2012 1:44:00 PM

I have had this polish for a long time in my collection. I never really thought anything of it. Used it once and was totally unimpressed! Until I saw how my nails looked in a picture and now I love it!! It's so sparkly and silver! It's a great color and the wear is great!!

on 4/21/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful shimmery silver! The formula is even and the drying time is quick. It actually chips less than my OPIs to my pleasant surprise. Of course, it's also a bit more difficult to remove~ the shimmers also stay after trying to remove. But overall, it might be my favourite nail polish formula!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a silver color, and I got this a while ago. I still have it, and it's a very shimmery silver! I like it a lot, and it's good for nail art too.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This has to be my FAVORITE color of nail polish!
Silver matches with pretty much anything! I just painted my nails in this color like 10 minutes ago lol I've been using this for a year now! I don't think it's pricey for the quality! about $2.50-$3.00 maybe depending on where you purchase it? I find putting a primer coat under before applying this polish is great if you only want to do 1 coat of the Celeb City. If you don't do primer, I prefer 2 coats because 1 coat will 'fade' I definitely recommend this product!

on 11/3/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

a fabulous shimmery, silver foil! i got so many compliments when i wear this! it dries relatively quickly, goes on smoothly with no streaking. no problems with application at all and it last quite a while. definitely a must have! so cheap too!

on 8/11/2011 11:26:00 PM

Although the color was exactly how it was advertised on the outside of the bottle, I found that the consistency was very cakey and thick, I'm not sure if the brush had anything to do with it but it was difficult to get it to how I want it. I might use this for detailing in the future, overall I would give it a 4/5.

on 6/7/2011 11:01:00 AM

I was looking for a very particular silver. One that looked like brushed silver jewellry but with sparkles. This fits the bill PERFECTLY!! It's almost chrome like but with shimmer!! Consistency is thinner than some of the other colors in this line, but it's still pretty pigmented. I only need 2 coats to get an opaque color. I use this under OPI's Shatter and it just makes the silver polish really *pop*. I also love the name as well!! "celeb city" :) The only thing I don't like about these polishes is that their pricing can range from $2.74 ~ $5.98/bottle depending on where you get them. I know that different stores have different prices but that kinda price gap is a bit ridiculous!

on 3/25/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great polish! Only $2 at walmart. Beautiful, pigmented, shimmery silver. Looks just like in the pics!

Popular Polishes