Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product is amazing! It coats wicked well, I have been wearing just one coat for 3 weeks, and finally got around to painting the second coat. I had not liked it before, but when I was running out the door for a semi-formal wearing flip-flops, I realized how terrible my toes looked a speed-painted them with this, and I was incredibly impressed on how well it turned out! The color matches everything perfectly. I've been wearing flip-flops everyday since then, and I have received many compliments, even from guys saying how shiny they are! They haven't chipped at all, and I don't plan on removing the color anytime soon. I think I will be wearing this color from now on!

I was looking for a new silver/grey nail color after I threw my other one out and I got this on a whim at my local Dollar General a couple of weeks ago. It's the perfect shimmery, silver color for me! I love it! It's really shimmery, but they are small shimmers, and if you put a shimmery top coat over it, the color is GORGEOUS. You really only need to apply one coat of this but I apply two just to be sure it is really silver and it dries super fast. It is really a must have. I would repurchase.

on 8/26/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love these bottles and I LOVE this color. I wore this for the 4th of July and it was awesome.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this silver shimmery nail polish. It goes on smooth, very shiny, and very little streaking. It lasts pretty well too. Looks great under some other glittery polishes as well. It is a great drugstore buy and a must have.

This is a very lovely polish! It only takes two quick coats for really vivid sparkle, but it's also great as a single coat over another opaque colour. My only issue is that it does tend to chip after a few days, but this is usually remedied with a good top coat. Will repurchase

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got this really cheap ($1.50) during Bogo at WalGreens.... thought it would be cute on my toes for summer. It is definitely gunmetal silver... very very metallic-y.

Just not for me, but nothing wrong with the polish in general - gave it a 3.

*EDIT* Ok, after 3 weeks, this polish has faded into a cooler, muted silver that is very pretty. Still not that chipped! impressive, even for a glitter polish. Might be a nice fall back for the summer.

on 5/4/2011 10:58:00 PM

I'm on my my third bottle of this polish - mainly because I couldn't find another silver that has quite the same effect....until I came across China Glaze 'Cheers to You'. The CG polish is more expensive, but I may stick with that one over the Sally Hansen one only because of the consistency. Unfortunately this SH one cakes up and thickens too easily in the bottle and on the brush.

I give this such a high rating though because of it's uniqueness and the fact that you don't need multiple coats to get the full effect.

Overall it's a really good and flattering polish, I just wish the formula were a bit thinner.

on 4/8/2011 5:36:00 AM

So pleasently surprised by this! I usually don't like silvers because I dont like duochormes (I know I might be the only one lol) but this isn't a duochrome. It is like a foil! and it's opaque in 1COAT! staying power is alright, nothing special..

on 4/7/2011 4:53:00 AM

I LOVE this! I've notice that it takes two coats to get completely opaque, but let me just say, I typically use thin coats and I think you could get away with one fairly thick coat. This color is so sparkly and pretty. It really looks like a disco ball on your nails. So pretty. I can't really comment on the staying power because quite honestly I redo my nails every 2 to 3 days, but I will say I had this on for 2 full days with zero chipping and I think with a good topcoat the staying power would be great.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Like all Xtreme Wear polishes, it does not live up to its name. Chips soooo verrrry fast. But it looks like a million bucks for the few minutes it lasts.

Popular Polishes