Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's a bit funny - I would consider a good silver polish to be a basic in my polish repertoire, but I haven't actually owned one in several years. I guess I got so caught up in the neons/holos/blues/scenteds that I forgot what's important. This is an excellent, though not perfect, silver polish - a bright, shiny true silver chrome loaded with microsparkle. I feel downright futuristic wearing it on my fingers (wherein it actually makes warm PPP me look a bit more tan somehow), but it's also a perfect pedi color for most seasons. The brush picks up quite a lot of polish and is pretty fat; it's definitely more suited to longer nails. Minor quibbles are that the formula is unexpectedly thin, there's apparently no mixing ball in the bottle, it can be hard to get it non-streaky without applying really thick coats, the base color sometimes covers the glitter and makes the polish look lumpy, and it needs 3 coats for true opacity. It's an excellent polish for the price, though - US$1.96 @ Walmart, which is obscenely cheap considering the beauty and relative quality (only Sinful and Pure Ice polishes are that cheap here, and they're pretty bad formula and wear-wise).

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This has to be my FAVORITE color of nail polish!
Silver matches with pretty much anything! I just painted my nails in this color like 10 minutes ago lol I've been using this for a year now! I don't think it's pricey for the quality! about $2.50-$3.00 maybe depending on where you purchase it? I find putting a primer coat under before applying this polish is great if you only want to do 1 coat of the Celeb City. If you don't do primer, I prefer 2 coats because 1 coat will 'fade' I definitely recommend this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this nail polish! It goes on great and lasts a long time. I love the color, it cute and different. Best $3 nail polish ever! I will buy again. :]

on 7/30/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you want a true silver polish this is it. the other silvers I have are more metallic-y grays, but this is a real silver. It applies very well, and like all the other Xtreme Wear's I have it wears like iron, and you don't need to use a base/top coat with it. I've also used this for stamping and it works great. definitely would repurchase.

i LOVE this nail polish so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the color is gorgeous, its unique and stands out, plus it stays on really well without chipping without a base coat even, as long as you apply it on clean nails. i hope they keep making it <3

Popular Polishes