Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/2/2012 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

The silver nail polish looks cool on its own, applies very evenly too, but I have an even better use of it: to add silver glitter to other nail colors such as red/pink/blue/purple. To add a silver glitter, just scrape the brush along on the rim of the bottle until the brush is almost dry, then lightly stroke across your nails so that it leaves a beautiful silver glitter across the nails. You can control the amount of glitter you want, and it always looks really good and fancy!!! Bravo for a really great product!!

This is a very lovely polish! It only takes two quick coats for really vivid sparkle, but it's also great as a single coat over another opaque colour. My only issue is that it does tend to chip after a few days, but this is usually remedied with a good top coat. Will repurchase

I love it love it love it! This silver metallic nail polish is inexpensive and stays on well. I put it under OPI Black Shatter and it looked great! Looks good by itself too. All of Sally Hansen's Extreme Wear nail polishes have awesome colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

It's pure silver sparkle like others have said.. It can be a bit overwhelming, but I really like it! It didn't chip or fade for 2-3 days on me without a topcoat. I think that's pretty great because everything chips or fades on me within 1-2 days. It looks much shinier when you first apply it and it wears down without a topcoat.

It's a really unique color and I bought it for only $3.

I love this polish! Its not just a run of the mill silver. I tried it next to many other silver polishes, (in the hopes of finding the equivalent of lady gaga's sparkly gold). Other polishes seem to be metallic grays, but this one is true silver- not gray. Two coats covered all splotches or streaks, although one was almost enough because of the metallic reflection. The formula is a bit thinner then I would like but I wouldnt call it runny.

This is a unique silver I would recommend !

on 3/22/2010 4:57:00 PM

I love this color, cause I love Silver polish, and I love shimmer! This polish is the best of both worlds! Two coats provides wonderful coverage. Great staying power. A must have if you love the glamour. I do!

on 2/15/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This nail polish is absolutely AMAZING! It's shimmery, so it's perfect for the holidays. It looks like a shimmery metallic silver foil...like tinsel, but toned down so it would be great to wear regardless of the time of year. One coat is all you need. If you want complete opacity and ultra shine, go for two coats. If you make any mistakes painting your nails, that's okay because all the shimmer and light-reflecting particles will hide it. I'd love to buy the gold version of this if they make it. The Sally Hansen website doesn't even list this shade in their collection of colors, so who knows? The nail polish lasts a long time, too. I'm buying more shades from this line for spring. (It was about $2 at Target; I got it for $1 with a coupon.)

UPDATE: This nail polish is a perfect dupe for Zoya's Trixie and slightly lighter in color (but better, IMO) than MAC's Studded.

on 1/16/2010 2:42:00 AM

I was surprised how much I liked this polish. :) I used it for a pedicure (I thought it would be too flashy on my hands) and it was absolutely amazing! A very opaque, foil silver. I only used 2 coats for full coverage, and it went an entire week without chipping without a topcoat. Makes me want to try other polishes from this line. :)

on 11/20/2009 8:54:00 PM

Celeb City is a wonderful foily metallic silver. This is my favorite type of metallic polish... it has flecks of shimmer that give it depth. I get bottle color with two coats, and it's a great formula. I get many compliments when I wear this polish!

Popular Polishes